What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, the French still don't have a firm contract in hand, from India. Would have been better if they had supplied PAF what it wanted, in those 6-8 years that it took India to get the (still pending) contract.

It is the arrogance and greed on the French side. Everyone I know that has visited Le Bourget smells that. There is no wonder that no one is really interested in French products. Even Alan Warnes wrote about it.

The Indians either showed interest in everything the Pakistani wanted to buy or just threatened the seller. I think the Rafale is a nice plane but stealth has been more important so PakFa is their real interest and maybe the Rafale deal is an empty bucket. Just played to stop Pakistan getting French avionics. It is filled with impossible logic that The Indians will produce it and France is the one that is to be blamed if something is not good.

I think China and Pakistan is the most intimate friends, China, and Pakistan will have many opportunities to cooperate more advanced military equipment. First came to the forum, limited English proficiency, say not good place, hope you can forgive me

ToT meant not necessarily like baby feeding... we are technologically lagged...So acquiring the tech involved in Rafale... To get rid of spare parts problem.. as well as it will be helpful for the future project AMCA... Just like pak able to access all the tech involved in JF-17(just giving ex)...

I do not think anyone can trust the French. I mean the Russians have stolen enough from India but with the Rafale deal you will laugh at the good old Russians. I remember one sentence of PAF. The ridiculous prices of the French were like paying the gold price of the plastic Mirage fueltank... And we do talk about weight relationship! There is strong antipathy against the French products in Pakistan. We rather buy crap all over the world then ask for spare parts!

I think China and Pakistan is the most intimate friends, China, and Pakistan will have many opportunities to cooperate more advanced military equipment. First came to the forum, limited English proficiency, say not good place, hope you can forgive me

I think we all agree on friendship. English is not a problem at all!

Not to forget the insanely hyper priced Mirage 2000 upgrade package .. Im 100% sure that sooner or later some mega corruption scandal is gona raise its head from this deal.

you are most welcome here :china:

Today while I was reading the info about the mig-29m radar I found this radar is comparable to the jf-17 radar in specs even I found the klj-7 better in engaging targets it can engage 4 targets with active missile or two with semi-active while the weight still 1/2 or even 1/3 any expert who can support my claim since I'm just a hobbyist not pro.

Nothing heard on Block-II productions and how many it will going to be produced for PAF as PAC might have gain the capability to produce about 25-35 JF-17s per year...

Today while I was reading the info about the mig-29m radar I found this radar is comparable to the jf-17 radar in specs even I found the klj-7 better in engaging targets it can engage 4 targets with active missile or two with semi-active while the weight still 1/2 or even 1/3 any expert who can support my claim since I'm just a hobbyist not pro.

If you can post the source where you read this, we can perhaps add some insight.

KLJ-7 is good as per PAF standards. Some details are known, but exact details would be very hard to come by.

If you can post the source where you read this, we can perhaps add some insight.

KLJ-7 is good as per PAF standards. Some details are known, but exact details would be very hard to come by.
bRO i JUST MADE THE COMPARISON BETWEEN THEM USING WIKIPEDIA JUST READ THE INFO ABOUT THE MIG-29M RADAR AND THE KLJ-7 ON THE SAME SOURCE IT SHOW CLEARLY THAT THE CHINESE RADAR COMPARABLE TO THE RUSSIAN YOU CAN GO THERE AND CHECK IT YOURSELF.

Hi,

For a radar---Isn't time factor important in engaging a target---. Means how fast it can recycle information---there is a specific term used for it and I am being forgetful at this time.

It can engage 2-4-6 or 8 targets is not enough----. How fast it can process the info and engage is extremely important.

Last edited:
Hi,

For a radar---Isn't time factor important in engaging a target---. Means how fast it can recycle information---there is a specific term used for it and I am being forgetful at this time.

It can engage 2-4-6 or 8 targets is not enough----. How fast it can assess the info and engage is extremely important.
The processor and the ram are to very important factors if the processor is fast and it has enough memory then it can display the info faster hence the decision can be taken faster. now how fast is the Russian processors that used on the zhuk we have no idea yet. Neither we do with the Chinese klj-7. but I'd say they use American over the shelf like Pentium or the MD.

Dude Agree with you, I made this claim 4 active radar engagement a year and half ago. No one was even noticing because We rarely commenters on PDF are merely ignored.

I Read a book regarding radar technologies ofcourse it was Ebook. In which it was clearly stated that a plane with active target capability also has semi active capability noting that semi active targets engaged per radar are half the Active or less than 1/3rd of the active target engagement capacity.

This is a technical study we dont need someone's article proof it is a fact.

@Malik Alashter :-)

Wednesday, December 11, 2013
shim.gif

Kazmi promoted to air vice marshal

ISLAMABAD: Air Commodore Syed Nudrat Kazmi was promoted to the rank of air vice marshal on Tuesday.
According to the PAF, Air Vice Marshal Syed Nudrat Kazmi was commissioned in the Engineering Branch of Pakistan Air Force in 1983. Currently, he is serving as chief project director JF-17 co-production project at Aircraft Manufacturing Factory, Kamra. He did his master’s in aerospace engineering from the US. He is also a graduate of the National Defence University, Islamabad, and is a recipient of Sitara-i-Imtiaz (Military). app

Wednesday, December 11, 2013
shim.gif

Kazmi promoted to air vice marshal

ISLAMABAD: Air Commodore Syed Nudrat Kazmi was promoted to the rank of air vice marshal on Tuesday.
According to the PAF, Air Vice Marshal Syed Nudrat Kazmi was commissioned in the Engineering Branch of Pakistan Air Force in 1983. Currently, he is serving as chief project director JF-17 co-production project at Aircraft Manufacturing Factory, Kamra. He did his master’s in aerospace engineering from the US. He is also a graduate of the National Defence University, Islamabad, and is a recipient of Sitara-i-Imtiaz (Military). app
I read it it's an interesting move

Even if the engine is not comparable to western standards, Russian standards it has probably a much lower price. A lot less maintenance. And less depending on top quality fuel.

Is that based on anything official, or just your perception?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom