What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the Chinese always put the latest technologies in planes. Cost is not a concern in China. In fact, the more costly, the more contribution to economy. :bounce:

Hi,

That is just a blanket statement.---- Latest technology in relation to what---. Is it in relationsip to the russians---the brits---the swedes---the french---israelis or the americans.

Remember---your weapons and electronics systems are designed to fight in a battle---against an opponent---.

It is all about how they stack up against the enemy's air dominance air superiority aircraft.

Hi,

That is just a blanket statement.---- Latest technology in relation to what---. Is it in relationsip to the russians---the brits---the swedes---the french---israelis or the americans.

Remember---your weapons and electronics systems are designed to fight in a battle---against an opponent---.

It is all about how they stack up against the enemy's air dominance air superiority aircraft.

Latest as in state of the art. For example, DSI, AESA, IRST, wide angle holographic HUD, digital FBW, tail mounted EW.

Hi,

What makes you so sure that some are so much better? I mean the way American fight hardly says something about the quality cause it is against weak or already dead opponents. And how come they lost war in Afghanistan? The Taleban has no airforce, no army and not even navy... I mean they do not have guided weapons. So when you talk about blanket statement then what is the foundation of yours?

I didn't said that thrust would be an issue, just that there is a big difference in what the GE414G offered wrt to performance increase to Gripen, compared to what an upgraded RD93 would offer to JF 17. Also, if that bit of performance advantage over WS13 would be enough for PAF to fund the Russian varient.
The Chinese engine and independance of Russian spare supply or future upgrades is not only important for PAF, but also for any potential export customer and that's what makes WS13 actually to a priority upgrade, even for PAF imo.
Mighf have to dig in to get some old news but this has happened before as well. The Chinese too look after their own interests as they have reneged ontheif commitment to buy the JFT. So things are never as clear cut as that. The bottom line of my post was that theze are my own feelings. In international trading you would be surprised as tohow much gets hopped and changed based on international interests and likings. Idont think PAF will ever be influenced into making an engine change just because its chinese. It might not bedone in as crass a manner as I have alluded to. However if an uprated RD93 is offered by the Russians PAF will almost certainly ask the chinese to match the specifications.
Araz

I don't think PAF is in the position to field a competition and take leverage of the Chinese, since they are a partner of the JF 17 too! They can simply veto the integration of an upgraded RD93 if they want, or leave PAF with all the costs for it, including airframe modifications.
Also keep in mind that PAF is dependent on the Chinese wrt further upgrades and modernisations of JF 17, because China has no own requirement to do it, since they don't operate the fighter and no other export customer has selected it yet. So when you start to put pressure on the Chinese, they might get even less interested in JF 17 and modernisations and PAF might lose more than they would gain of the Russian engine.

Ask me hw
Sir by reading this what is your opinion on with which model off F-16 we can compare Block II @araz

And which BVR is used by 2nd squadron
Ask me when the specs of block 2 are out
At this point in time no one knows What are bl 2s specs.
The answer to the second question is SD10A.

What makes you so sure that some are so much better? I mean the way American fight hardly says something about the quality cause it is against weak or already dead opponents. And how come they lost war in Afghanistan? The Taleban has no airforce, no army and not even navy... I mean they do not have guided weapons. So when you talk about blanket statement then what is the foundation of yours?

Munir,

This is unreal---. Words similar to yours were uttered by the north vietnamese at Paris peace conference---when they refused to come to the table to sign the peace treaty---accordingly they had defeated the u s-----,

Thus started the operation Linebacker2---.

Pakistani kids need to read up on it---within 24 hours of the bombings----the north vietnamese were begging the u s to stop the bombings---. U S did stop the bombings---after 7 days----all after when Hanoi was smashed to kingdom come.

Paks don't know that all through the vietnam war----the u s hardly ever targetted Hanoi.

And Munir----for the proof---ask pak military about salala check post.

As a token of insult---I have made similar comments to american military at their failures---but to believe in it is a farce.

Last edited:
WS-13A is bigger than WS-13, as F414 is bigger than F404. JF-17 Block 3 which uses WS-13A would be upsized as F/A-18E is upsized compared to F/A-18A/C.

Latest as in state of the art. For example, DSI, AESA, IRST, wide angle holographic HUD, digital FBW, tail mounted EW.

Hi,

Is that all you know about the systems----just their names. Well---it is a begining.

Munir Sahib, then why is it we are not seeing JF-17 in full combat role?

Hi,

That is where integration comes into force first of all.

But before that---the cancellation of the french contract hurt the JF 17 bad----. PAF had to start all over.

weapons-defence-48-large.jpg

Well if SD-10A is the BVR than what is the missile above SD-10A in this picture @Aeronaut @Manticore

Reactions: HRK
Well if SD-10A is the BVR than what is the missile above SD-10A in this picture @Aeronaut @Manticore

Well Zarvan obviously it is WVR missile, PL-5Eii. If you bothered to look up JF-17 information pool, or Huitong's blog (Chinese Military Aviation: Fighters II), or even wikipedia, you can not miss it.

Senior posters are not Exams-sai-Farigh Fanboys here to answer simple questions for which one could find answers in less than a minute.

China National Aero-Technology Import & Export Corporation - Air-to-Air Missile

Munir,

This is unreal---. Words similar to yours were uttered by the north vietnamese at Paris peace conference---when they refused to come to the table to sign the peace treaty---accordingly they had defeated the u s-----,

Thus started the operation Linebacker2---.

Pakistani kids need to read up on it---within 24 hours of the bombings----the north vietnamese were begging the u s to stop the bombings---. U S did stop the bombings---after 7 days----all after when Hanoi was smashed to kingdom come.

Paks don't know that all through the vietnam war----the u s hardly ever targetted Hanoi.

And Munir----for the proof---ask pak military about salala check post.

As a token of insult---I have made similar comments to american military at their failures---but to believe in it is a farce.

Mastan Khan Saheb,

Today it even became clear that the USA lied about Syrian Assad used chemical weapons. They were ready to go in and the UN (Russia/China) made it clear that they would not accept it. Same when Vietnam started. Same when Irac was invaded. I mean Powell was making a pathetic presentation in the UN meeting! And there are probably many more situations. So nations like USA are highly volatile and unpredictable and really hard to stop unless you can create a counter weight on the other side.

It is the greed in the capitalism that wants to exploit others through "democratic" systems like WTO, EEC, trade barriers or military by invading nations (Irac, Afghanistan etc). It is the greed that is behind the NSA scandal of spying on every possible system or person. It has nothing to do with democratic principles or God given right to be leader of the pack.

And it comes to the title that one is giving the other. One day they called Mujhahideen "freedomfighters" and the next day they were "taleban terrorists" because they did not deliver "al Qaida" on the platter. So terrorism can be seen highly subjective title. I do not want to give it to anyone. But we know who killed who...

They cannot carpet bomb Pakistan or Iran. That is not "pakistani kid" (which I find very degrading remark) but the reality. You do insult others but I find your posts not giving sound foundation for your opinion. The chance to counter Pakistan is decreasing every day. It started with the Pakistani nukes. Surely they are busy with the usual propaganda and manipulation but it is not Pakistan centric. Not even their closes allies (Snowden files) are left untouched.

So instead of raging over Pakistan you should see the whole picture.

Hello Guys,

Since Many people say why jf17 has not yet been equipped with SD10 or has never seen a video of Jf17 firing a BVR or there is no proof if it has advanced missiles or PGM's Tested. Let me Explain you in different way;

Eurofighter typhoon: Which in my opinion is second to only f22 (note that fgfa and j20) are not really tested as much as f22. was integrated in Airforces in the Tranche which in our words is block.
Block 1
Initial Operational Capability, Basic Air Defence Capability
Block 2
Air-to-air capabilities
Block 5
Air-to-air and air-to-ground capabilities, Final Operational Capability (FOC) standard. All Tranche 1 aircraft are being upgraded to Block 5 capability through the R2 retrofit programme.[6]
Tranche 2[edit]
Block 8
New hardware standard with new mission computer
Block 10
EOC 1, improved DASS, IFF Mode 5, Rangeless ACMI
Air/Air - AIM-120C-5 AMRAAM, IRIS-T digital
Air/Ground - GBU-24, GPS-guided weapons, ALARM, Paveway III & IV, Rafael LITENING III
Block 15
EOC 2
Air/Air - METEOR,
Air/Ground - TAURUS, Storm Shadow, Brimstone
Block 20
EOC 3

In Afghanistan during 2005 The Airforce command was eager to equip typhoons with AG weaponry.

Meteor is yet to be inducted by 2018 and aim 120 C5 is planned and thought of to be induced soon.

Moral: Wait jf17 will also be offically declared as a fighter ready to do more than air defense role.

Reactions: HRK
Interesting that all the speculation about the purported block-II is from a model and that too with disproportionate dimensions. :disagree:

I actually cant wait for the real block-II as it will leave many quite disappointed when it looks not much different from a block-I. But then again, that will leave another round of people fantasizing about block-III being some Super Super Hornet avionics and TVC equivalent.

Plain interviews of PAF officials are available on what the system is to be. It will look not much different in aerodynamics from the Block-I. It may have a IFR probe. It will have improved avionics in terms of ECM and weapons compatibility(that will all be retrofitted to block-I machines) and it will carry the same KLJ-7 radar with some additional software improvements(some of which have already been done with the block-I after the slowdown in the program).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom