What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have 2 newbie questions too :)
when you says tailor thunder for naval role what does it need to become a naval thunder ( i mean other then c802/803 what else ?). as far my understanding only planes takeoff from carrier need strong gears other then this only weapon integration is required or we need other type of engine radar etc?
why 1.2 mach at sea level on ground it has 1.8, speed decrease due to heavy wind pressure or wat?

i have 2 newbie questions too :)
when you says tailor thunder for naval role what does it need to become a naval thunder ( i mean other then c802/803 what else ?). as far my understanding only planes takeoff from carrier need strong gears other then this only weapon integration is required or we need other type of engine radar etc?
why 1.2 mach at sea level on ground it has 1.8, speed decrease due to heavy wind pressure or wat?
1--------1st and the biggest reason why it should to be use for naval purpose?
Because of its Size it is very suitable for Carrier...............

2--------you are right a more power full engine is needed.........

3--------At sea level "maximum speed Reduces because as fast as the aircraft's thrust allows it to go (drag limited), or is it
because there is a redline speed limit such as the VMO/MMO or the VA and the pilot has to back off from the power.......Va is
design maneuvering speed and Vmo/Mmo are the design limiting speed (max speed).

Thanks to America for its distrust and historical embargoes on Pakistan, we are heading towards self reliance in military aviation.

Is JF-17 better than F-16 ? is J-10B Better than F-16? I don’t know, i think they are not, and it is pointless to dwell on that. What J-10B gives us freedom; JF-17 development gave us the courage and gave the rest of the world a dropped jaw.

JF-17 - Thunder from the East

Air Chief Marshal tanveer Mahmood Ahmed
‘Rapid advancements in technology, especially in military aviation technology, freq embargos and restrictions and prohibitive costs increases of military hardware forced PAF into an environment where it had no option but to look for a pragmatic and home grown solution. It is for this reason that the PAF elected to not only DRAW OUT BUT also produce a fighter bomber aircraft for its future use with the help of Chinese military aviation’

Maiden flight 2nd September 2003
23 months between completion of design and first flight of prototype 1. A record

Pakistani engineers, pilots and designers were involved in the development of the JF-17 from Drawing board to maturity of aircraft, cockpit design is very friendly. Layout and cockpit design had a large input from PAF pilots (experience gained from F-16).
Air frame designed for service up to and beyond 4,000 flying hours which translates roughly into an excess of 25 years of service making it a really good, tough and robust aircraft.
Endurance of 3 hours without air to air fuelling
1st areal inauguration 23rd March 2007 Islamabad

Group Captain Khalid Mahmood PAF
Air shows.
June 2010 - air staff decided to show JF-17 to rest of the world.( July Farnborough Air Show July-2010)

Not many Air forces make aircrafts. PAF did in collaboration with China

The aviation news read as ‘Thunder from the East’ and ‘Asia is docking the door of Europe’

India got the chance to inspect the Aircraft up close; an Indian contingent came and inspected the aircraft, went back and wrote on the JF-17 programme and the professionalism of the air force, design and development of the aircraft.
It was a real compliment, and was very much appreciated by PAF that capabilities were recognized by serious and committed developers in aircraft design of the world and especially by the Indian contingent. [quoting - Group Captain Khalid Mahmood, PAF]

Indian designer contingent got the chance to see the aircraft up close and stressed on the fact that India does not need to make LCA completely indigenous, and like Pakistan and China reached a major landmark in form of JF-17, India should also seek collaboration in development.

Aerial Displays
China - Turkey - Dubai
1st Display held in China – Prides of China JF-17 and J-10 perform
Performers
Group Captain Khalid Mahmood (Wing Commander at that time) – Squadron Leader Askar

183006277copy.jpg

Jf-17 armed with Brazilian MAR-1 Anti Radiation Missile.

Y dont we focus on naval version to counter strong indian navy, and also jf17 for air combat only, because we cant hit enemy with cruise missile which is cheaper than aircraft, safety for pilot
We desperately need plane to counter invaders like new aircrafts got power, speed, hights, load capacity
So we should arm our aircraft with maximum air to air missile to counter enemy air forces, missiles etc rather than having jack of all trade and master of none

For a civilian like me, can you please explain the significance of making vapor clouds while pulling up for Cuban 8 Thanks in advance.

Any idea when we are having twin engine, dont u think more capacity, power load, only structural change with just one extra engine
Radar, weapons, all everything will be same

Any idea when we are having twin engine, dont u think more capacity, power load, only structural change with just one extra engine
Radar, weapons, all everything will be same

Not in near future. :)
Atleast not in six years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom