What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
jf17.jpg

Any updates about the 50 JF-17 which were promised by China to be delievered in next 6 months.

i am more intersted in A2A missles, as i think the primary role of PAF will be to avoid indain airsuperiority..

the so called (gigantic) air superiority fighter carrying 8 A2A will be seen first by a JFT carrying 4 A2A and rest i leave to your imagination....

But dear imran , if jf17 are backed by sab2000, or zk which is the chineese one , and the su30 mki be backed by awacks (indians)what will be the scenerio ? can you elaborate it in more detail ?

first of all which Indian AWACS ? its plane made in USSR and radar in Israel .its saab-2000 made by Sweden and zdk-03 made by china .

still there is nothing like what to do .both sides will backed by radars . long range ground radars such as TPS-77 from pak side AWACS ans AEW air crafts loaded with BVRs both sides .support by tankers in air .and then time will say whats happen .as now we can see both sides are loading with high tech first time .of course india has advantage of numbers as past .there is nothing win win in this scenario

But dear imran , if jf17 are backed by sab2000, or zk which is the chineese one , and the su30 mki be backed by awacks (indians)what will be the scenerio ? can you elaborate it in more detail ?

My Friend
first of all do you really think that the MKI will get a lock on JFT from 100s of km.?
well i dont think so MKI is a over rated aircraft
beside this the JFT RCS are much lower than that of the MKI
MKI is like a frigate flying in the air

Add a long range radar like +160km track range and SD-10B with 100km than MKI threat is over

again, ultimately it leads to same thing RCS (radar cross section of fighter plane) and radar capabilities . . . .

JFT RCS not still known but as per sources its lower than F-16 block 52 which has 1 to 1.2 m2 RCS (But real RCS of JFT is classified but if its true its good) (our claims)

and RCS of MKI is less than 5m2 in clean configuration (claims by you know who)

know when u add Missile or bomb to plane, RCS increases dramatically . . . . . . .

so there is no actual data, all claims . . . . . on both side, and can only be confirmed if they see each other head to head . . . .

1st last time i checked jft has range of abt 105 km and mki 350km of search range and 200 km of tracking range, i don't know how you see a competition here and about the rcs data is only speculative . how do you guys think that jft's rcs is low with almost no use of composites, a weak radar, no ram paint only god knows :confused:

JFT has a range of 105 Km for an RCS of 5m2 and MKI's range is something over 150 Km for the same RCS. But having its own RCS much bigger than 5m2 (once loaded), MKI ll be detected by JFT much before 105 Km. Besides detecting first, u need to have missiles capable for longer ranges and I dont believe Indians have such a BVR missile to hit something 350 Km away (even if MKI detects it at that range).

bvr cambact is usually within 40-60 km..
100 km range for each missles are there max range at ideal attitude with no deviation of missiles at all..
e.g at sea level these range are not more than 40 km and in tail chase mode it even less than 40 km..

so if a saab picks up a MKI and gives direction to jf-17 which can pick up a MKI with its own radar at 150 km.(assuming its RCS is around 10 )
this will basically give no side any advantage on radar basis , as noone can use a BVR until within 70 km atleast to even bother the oppositon..at the end it will depend upon

bvr tactics
home/foreign side
numbers
better ECM and probably maneuverability
and few other things:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom