What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
JF-17 NG
2q2264i.jpg

lo jawano mazay karo :D Similar load as that of F-16s in AntiShip operations
6407150933_6b587775d2_b.jpg

But with very different performance! JF 17 with this config could only use the smaller centerline fuel tank and would have very limited range, even if refuelled in air after take off.
The F16s on the other side, can carry 2 x Harpoons + up to 3 fuel tanks, the Block 52s could even add CFTs. So combining F16s and P3s with Harpoons in the anti ship role would make much more operational sense, than using JF17.

But with very different performance! JF 17 with this config could only use the smaller centerline fuel tank and would have very limited range, even if refuelled in air after take off.
The F16s on the other side, can carry 2 x Harpoons + up to 3 fuel tanks, the Block 52s could even add CFTs. So combining F16s and P3s with Harpoons in the anti ship role would make much more operational sense, than using JF17.

Its still a very big leap considering what we have for such roles currently, the Mirage IIIs i believe.

JF-17s basic role for now is to replace the existing 2nd Gen fighters with something which is much superior to all of them.

my friend speculation rules.

though jft II will offer much more than this
There is unlikely to be a JFT-II..
There is the second batch on which we have already had a lengthy debate..
Then there will be the third batch which may have some minor airframe changes along with major avionics changes.
NO CFT's...or anything that adds too much to the cost of the jet.

There is unlikely to be a JFT-II..
There is the second batch on which we have already had a lengthy debate..
Then there will be the third batch which may have some minor airframe changes along with major avionics changes.
NO CFT's...or anything that adds too much to the cost of the jet.

I agree about CFT bt i just used that image as i could nt find any JFT image with IFR and NO cft

Its still a very big leap considering what we have for such roles currently, the Mirage IIIs i believe.

JF-17s basic role for now is to replace the existing 2nd Gen fighters with something which is much superior to all of them.

Of course, but it's simply wrong to think that JF 17 will be the prime fighter of PAF in any roles now. It is better than those fighters you mentioned and might be better than F16s in future, but that still takes time. For other export countries, this anti ship config might be interesting, but for the mentioned reasons not for Pakistan.
I see JF 17 currently in interception, CAS and SEAD roles at the moment, the F16s will take over air superiority, deep strikes and anti ship. When J10B arrives things might change again, but that will depend on the final specs and capabilities.

Pakistan doesnt require extended ranges.
our shore line is less than 800 km..thats less than JF-17 radius of operation without fuel tank with fully loaded
assuming with two anti ship missiles it wouldnt be still fully loaded and will also have central fuel tank and will operate from masroor, it would easily be able to fulfill its role

one thing is for sure it has much better range from the current mirages3/5 used for naval attack

Of course, but it's simply wrong to think that JF 17 will be the prime fighter of PAF in any roles now. It is better than those fighters you mentioned and might be better than F16s in future, but that still takes time. For other export countries, this anti ship config might be interesting, but for the mentioned reasons not for Pakistan.
I see JF 17 currently in interception, CAS and SEAD roles at the moment, the F16s will take over air superiority, deep strikes and anti ship. When J10B arrives things might change again, but that will depend on the final specs and capabilities.

It will certainly not be and PAF has not been shy about accepting this fact. I believe in the future F16 and FC20 will fulfill the role of high end fighters in PAF's inventory. The JF17's has been primarily designed to conduct interception roles inside Pakistan due to her short legs; the whole premise behind the JF17 was to have a cheap fighter that is fast, agile, BVR enabled, carries decent avionics and data linked to PAF's C4I network. The idea is to have a fully enabled network centric organization that is able to hit the adversary hard and fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom