What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deployment I am not sure of.. but they are vociferously testing the aircraft with their own systems(not those tailored for us)..and seem to be very interested in replacing the F-7 line with this as their primary export model.

There are considerable chances that the FC-1/JF-17 will remain a PAF only plane, without any significant export successes, for many reasons.

There are considerable chances that the FC-1/JF-17 will remain a PAF only plane, without any significant export successes, for many reasons.

That is not necessarily a bad thing

Yes there are chances that despite all the hype.. no JF-17's may be exported.. but not a PAF only plane.
The Chinese do seem VERY committed to the aircraft and clearly have a niche for it in their fleet.. where? is the question.

Yes there are chances that despite all the hype.. no JF-17's may be exported.. but not a PAF only plane.
The Chinese do seem VERY committed to the aircraft and clearly have a niche for it in their fleet.. where? is the question.

I implicitly included China as a domestic market, and Pakistan as the sole export country, with a partnered development program of course.

Probably replacing their F-7's, JH-7 and J-8's if they go for the JF-17

The JH-7 will stay for a while.. it has replaced the A-5's.
The F-7's seem to be the prime target.. current Chinese fleet numbers will dwindle down to around 800-900 combat aircraft I think.
With the Su-27 variants replacing the J-8's on interception duty entirely and the J-10 taking up a multirole task.
the final niche left for a light interceptor/CAS jet that was filled by the F-7 fleet will most likely be taken up by the FC-1.

I implicitly included China as a domestic market, and Pakistan as the sole export country, with a partnered development program of course.

Yes, well in that case it is likely there may not be an export..
The PAF itself DOES NOT desire an export TILL its own orders are fulfilled.
That means till 2016 there may not be ANY export orders or co-production of any sort.
Now..that also implies that any AF looking for aircraft in that timeline will not opt for the JF-17.
What will be the world arms market in 2016 or 17? how many nations will there be left that will still want a replacement for their older mig fleets or a balanced combat aircraft for around 15 million USD(inflation not adjusted)?
That is perhaps best left to an investment banker who specializes in the defense industry.

Yes, well in that case it is likely there may not be an export..
The PAF itself DOES NOT desire an export TILL its own orders are fulfilled.
That means till 2016 there may not be ANY export orders or co-production of any sort.
Now..that also implies that any AF looking for aircraft in that timeline will not opt for the JF-17.
What will be the world arms market in 2016 or 17? how many nations will there be left that will still want a replacement for their older mig fleets or a balanced combat aircraft for around 15 million USD(inflation not adjusted)?
That is perhaps best left to an investment banker who specializes in the defense industry.

Good points; the world in 2017 may be very different.

so when all F-7 retire we should expect all the FT-7 and FT-6 to be retired and replaced by the twin seater jf-17?

P.S
well econmy is recovering despite idiotic approach of govt in energy sector, thanks to increase in gas production expected by early this year ...if the firends of pakistan committee approves the WAPDA 2020 plan..we can see 100% shifting to hydro power in next 10 years i am pretty sure that would turn economy . but lets hope PPPP is not reelected

so when all F-7 retire we should expect all the FT-7 and FT-6 to be retired and replaced by the twin seater jf-17?

Its possible that a two seater JF-17 comes of age but that is not in the immediate plans.
The FT-6 has been phased out already as they were there to maintain currency for A-5 pilots which is now redundant.
The FT-7 may be replaced by the JL-9 but that too depends on the finances of the PAF.

Pakistan may consider either one of these

The JL-9

640px-Guizhou_jl9.jpg

OR

L-15

640px-HAIG_L15.jpg

why we need JL-9 or L-15 when we have K-8P

The PAF itself DOES NOT desire an export ....
...Well then someone should tell that guy who keeps showing up at premier Airshows to fly and sell JF-17 thunder and touts the cost benefits of owning a fleet of Thunders versus Western combat aircrafts- to give it a rest. I mean why spend all that money to fly out to UK? and Emirates?

One more thought; the reported breakeven point for this project is 300. Is PAF picking the full tab on this?

Perhaps House of Saud could oblige if they were not busy buying 30+ Billions worth of US hardware. I mean not even a single measly squadron for a Half billion or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom