What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
some versions of F-16s have gold filmed canopy to reduce radar signature. They are expensive but have been proved as quite effective. There are no plans to coat JFT canopy with gold because it already has less radar signature than the F-16.

I dont know what it will take to hammer in the Idea the the main concept, the driving force.. the reason behind the JF-17 was to have a cost effective upgrade to the PAF's abilities.
Which is it doing beautifully.

let me make it clear.

We got 8 JFT from China between 2007-08

now let me make a picture of 42 JFT manufactured at PAC

PAF starts JF-17 Thunder production
Updated at: 1130 PST, Tuesday, June 30, 2009

KAMRA: Pakistan Air Force (PAF) has started assembling of the first Pakistani-built JF-17 Thunder combat aircraft.

than we saw first squarden by feb 2010.of 14 JFT.

Pakistan-China jointly developed JF-17 Thunder multirole fighter airplane is formally inducted in the Pakistan Air Force (PAF). Number 26 squadron is established in Kamra in which 14 airplanes are initially inducted.

if someone remember the 2nd squarden was ready by feb 2011 bt official re equiping ceremony was held on april 2011.
2nd squarden was made ready by april 2011 and total of 30-32 Aircraft were in service.

As of dubai airshow 38 aircraft are in service(nov 2011) and now this is jan end 2011.at most the production of JFT 1 will stop by 2012 Feb

now count from 30 june 2009 to feb 2012.
so in 31 months we have successfully manufactured 42 JFT.
SO it took us 2.5 years to manufacture 42 JFT.
which equals to 1.35 JFT per month..
now we have from june 2012 to 2015 dec time for Block III.
42 months and 100 aircraft target
if we go by old 1.35 JFT target per month than we can manufacture 60 JFT in 42 months
bt if we increase our speed to 2 JFT per month than we can reach our target by 2015 end.

So it took us 2.5 years(31 months) to manufacture 42 JFT
and if we manufacture 2 JFT per month than we can reach our 100 JFT target with little up and down in time.

Again.. the production line will not start churning out x amount of JF's per month.. it will be a gradual increase as it was with Batch-1.
There are subtle but noticeable changes in Batch-2 that will require some time to streamline.

so any official statements about the number we will have till 2015 end ? or has the number been specified in block 2

as it stands today its 150. 50 blk-1, 100-blk-2. then upgrade the blk-1 to 2.

300 3rd gen fighter fleet and JFT is meant to replace

here you go
Its not like replacing this with that... these days multipurpose combat jets are available which can do multiple tasks and fit in different roles simultaneously.. hence reducing the cost of two-three different types of planes... so say a 150JF-17(Multirole) fighters can replace 150F-7+150Mirage at the same time and supplement F-16 hence more work done at less cost...

some versions of F-16s have gold filmed canopy to reduce radar signature. They are expensive but have been proved as quite effective. There are no plans to coat JFT canopy with gold because it already has less radar signature than the F-16.

Correct! And Also The canopies of production F-16A/B aircraft were clear, though with the introduction of the gold-tinted canopies with the F-16C/D (designed to reduce the aircraft’s radar cross-section), the tinted canopies quickly were introduced into the F-16A/B fleet. Many photos of F-16A/Bs with tinted canopies and clear rear canopies as the fixed rear sections were not changed out as quickly. These aircraft (along with most of total F-16 fleet) are being switched back to clear canopies to make the aircraft night vision goggle (NVG) compatible.

so when should we expect the mirage3/5 rose upgrade and F-7pg to retire ? around 2020?

Jf-17XL..

jf17xlcopy1OO.jpg

Military Photos and Photoshops: Jf-17E Block 3 : Thunder XL

Another version of Jf-17 XL.

Military Photos and Photoshops: Block 3 Jf-17 XL : Cranked arrow delta wing

Just like many of my edits, this one too is not so high on the artistic side of things. Small patches of discoloration, rough texture, out of line pixels etc leave much to be desired, but basically i just want the idea to get around. Like in this particular edit, i just want to show how a crancked arrow wing would look on JF-17 thunder, minor bugs and labour intensive tweaks , i'll leave them for some other time to be addressed.

P7xnl+copy.jpg

P7xnl+copy.jpg

Sir i don,t think these wings can facilitate much hard points .... next blocks must have more hard points and more power full engine

full computer-controlled fault diagnosis and analysis system is present in jft according to this article.... can this be backed up with some other source?

Grande Strategy

VIDEO: China's master fighter designer speaks - The DEW Line

Yang Wei is credited by Chinese media for designing the JF-17, J-20 and the flight control system of the J-10. At the Dubai Air Show, Yang briefed journalists and industry members on the capabilities of the JF-17. It's a rare opportunity to hear Yang describe his work in English.

full computer-controlled fault diagnosis and analysis system is present in jft according to this article.... can this be backed up with some other source?

Grande Strategy

Yes, its official. It is mentioned some where in his presentation.

Sir i don,t think these wings can facilitate much hard points .... next blocks must have more hard points and more power full engine

Twin_F-16XL_duo.jpg

^^ this is the basic idea, i'll try to add increase wing area more in further edits . Even though i know it is a far cry, im just throwing the idea out there never-the-less . but i think this option should be considered by PAF, as the increase in performance and capability stats is simply too impressive to ignore, as demoed by F-16 xl programe. It would require major re designing, no doubt, but if the resulting product gives range and weapon load capacity equal to Fc-20, then we can have a less expensive weapon system at our disposal. Not to mention the reduced operating and maintence costs as major sub systems, avionics and engine will be standardised as the rest of Jf-17 fleet .

I posted this before, but no response..

Jf-17 block 2 will expect how many hard points?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom