What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
In layman terms, what is difference between HMD and HMS

And as we are talking about some relief for the pilots on board ; some preference should also be given to Side stick ,block 3 could be the right choice to experiment with "things" inside the cockpit.HOTAS's insertion will surely make my day.

ssc-1.jpg

And as we are talking about some relief for the pilots on board ; some preference should also be given to Side stick ,block 3 could be the right choice to experiment with "things" inside the cockpit.HOTAS's insertion will surely make my day.

ssc-1.jpg

There was a lengthy study on this when the JF-17 was under development, and it was decided that many of the PAF pilots who would come to eventually fly the JF-17 would be coming from center stick aircraft and that many pilots who did have an opportunity to shortly transition to the F-16 a few years after becoming flying officers also had trouble adapting to the sidestick.
Its just a matter of preference, the Rafale is sidestick.. so the is F-35.
Another advantage of the centrestick is the ability for gradual replacement of hydraulic systems with fly-by-wire system ... the HF-17 wasnt completely fly-by-wire from the start.. but the flight program could proceed smoothly for PT-01,03 and 04 using hydraulic systems while fly-by-wire was gradually introduced on the initial batch.

P.S.. the JF-17 already has an excellent HOTAS.

Compared to a center stick I don't the the side stick is ambidextrous enough ( even though many modern military and civil aircraft use the side stick)

In layman terms, what is difference between HMD and HMS

HMS provides target reticle and Line of sight, HMD is its more sophisticated version which displays information from various sensors, shares/receives information from Targeting/FLIR pods, communicates with Mission computer and other target information related symbology. HMD can also be used with NVGs too.

There are some more aspects that are keep in mind while equipping a pilot with HMD. Its weight, brightness/contrast, mounting on helmet (without making vibration during high-G maneuvers) should be calibrated. Information should be displayed in front of pilot's retina...if he/she has not adjusted it properly, it will create problems during flight.

i am more concerned about the reduced number of JF-17s to 150 than any HMS or HOTAS debate. I mean, with the largest budget ever in history of PAF today, why are they reducing the number of planes?

i am more concerned about the reduced number of JF-17s to 150 than any HMS or HOTAS debate. I mean, with the largest budget ever in history of PAF today, why are they reducing the number of planes?

No statement by PAF officials so far.

50 JFT
and 100 JFT II.

if so than why work on JFT III is started and stated to be mass produced onwards 2016?

PAF intial plan and order was 150 aircrafts..
so in 2015 PAF will see what to do ...
in the end PAF requires to add 370-400 4 gen or advance aircrafts..

so it will depend how many F-16s/J-10s we will get and whether a good 5th genreation option arises or not and other things...
150 is just the minimum number of aircrafts

No statement by PAF officials so far.

50 JFT
and 100 JFT II.

if so than why work on JFT III is started and stated to be mass produced onwards 2016?

Some senior member have stated that 150 is the total number of JF-17s.

I am not in Pakistan at the moment or i could have asked my own sources within the PAF's JF-17 program about it.

300+ JF17 Thunders , and not 150
150 was option for extra J10B fighters

Break Down , 100 JF17 thunders - Manufactured in Pakistan 2010, 2011, 2012
50 Block 2 fighters form China -- Manufactured in China 2011, 2012

Conversion Project for Block 1 to Block 2 standard * 2012-2013

Block 2 100 - JF17 thunders made in Pakistan 2013-2014

50 Block 3 or Block 2 JF17 Thunders made in China 2015

Total 300 planes approximately

2014-2015 we are also expecting 36 - J10B deliveries with option of 150 more jets

300+ JF17 Thunders , and not 150
150 was option for extra J10B fighters

Break Down , 100 JF17 thunders - Manufactured in Pakistan 2010, 2011, 2012
50 Block 2 fighters form China -- Manufactured in China 2011, 2012

Conversion Project for Block 1 to Block 2 standard * 2012-2013

Block 2 100 - JF17 thunders made in Pakistan 2013-2014

50 Block 3 or Block 2 JF17 Thunders made in China 2015

Total 300 planes approximately

2014-2015 we are also expecting 36 - J10B deliveries with option of 150 more jets
yar your number is alwalys double then whats expected..the initial contract was 150 for pakistan and 100 for china...we do expect the number to rise to 250 but that would depend upon lots of factors

yar your number is alwalys double then whats expected..the initial contract was 150 for pakistan and 100 for china...we do expect the number to rise to 250 but that would depend upon lots of factors

، خو موږ د پيسو؟

There is a magic word in the Question in order to get 250 JF-17s (If you understand pashto) :cheesy:

j-10 and f-16 acquisition that might not depend upon money (who knows we get the j-10 on loan and f-16 for free ) will also define its number...and the availability of j-2xx a good fifth gen aircrft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom