What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoL:D...therez nothing like that...not even close;-)

Unfortunately you tell them that and they feel we are cutting down their hopes.
What most dont realize is that the JF-17 is an achievement in its own right as it is.
NO other fighter offers so much for so little.

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

My thinking is they are going for 150 FOR NOW! As the years go by, and money becomes available, I see anoth 50-100 ordered some 5 years or less from now.

Depends on planned sq strength the PAF wants to keep.|
At current levels.. 150 JF, 100 odd F-16's and perhaps 50-60 FC-20's are enough.
But the FC-20 program is not coming unless the economic conditions improve.

Santro.

But the FC-20 program is not coming unless the economic conditions improve

This is a SHOCKING admission. UNTIL THIS MOMENT 99% of you guys have TOLD US time & time again the FC20 is coming ITS A DONE DEAL and they are PAF answer to both a FUTURE MMRCA threat from IAF and indeed the ultimate game changer re
SU30MKI...

is this anything do with the recent speculation that IAF may cancel MMRCA due to financial pressure. ???

Santro.

But the FC-20 program is not coming unless the economic conditions improve

This is a SHOCKING admission. UNTIL THIS MOMENT 99% of you guys have TOLD US time & time again the FC20 is coming ITS A DONE DEAL and they are PAF answer to both a FUTURE MMRCA threat from IAF and indeed the ultimate game changer re
SU30MKI...

is this anything do with the recent speculation that IAF may cancel MMRCA due to financial pressure. ???

No.. it has to do with the economic conditions of Pakistan.
The program is not cancelled.. call it a delay. If tomorrow the PAF wants it.. the CHinese will have the FC-20(whatever is the req forwarded by the PAF) sitting on the tarmac at Kamra...BUT.. on a loan..which the PAF does NOT WANT.
We too have some respect. ;)

GREAT $40m fighters on loan

Now thats a FIRST in the history of AIR FORCES.

lucky PAF and massively generous CHINEASE

[/COLOR]

lucky PAF and massively generous CHINESE

Nope.. there have been a lot more expensive things given by the Americans to certain nations on loan. Nothing new.
And yes.. thanks to the Chinese.. they have proven our faith in them time and time again.

If tomorrow the PAF wants it.. the CHinese will have the FC-20(whatever is the req forwarded by the PAF) sitting on the tarmac at Kamra...BUT.. on a loan..which the PAF does NOT WANT.
We too have some respect. ;)

That would also appear to suggest that the PAF is not overly concerned about potential military threats at the moment that would necessitate acquisition of the FC-20 ...

No, as far as the respect part is concerned, could well be true, along with reduced threat perceptions, but given continued testing on the J-10B (with DSI etc.) the PAF may have also decided to wait till the Chinese have the J-10B further refined ...

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

OK, since both Santro and PN replied to the posts I deleted, I undeleted them.

Goan64 de Argentina:

Please post in English in the future.

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

@Santro:

OK - timeout - I am going to stop moderating this thread for now since we are tripping over each other :D

Its all yours.

That would also appear to suggest that the PAF is not overly concerned about potential military threats at the moment that would necessitate acquisition of the FC-20 ...

No, as far as the respect part is concerned, could well be true, along with reduced threat perceptions, but given continued testing on the J-10B (with DSI etc.) the PAF may have also decided to wait till the Chinese have the J-10B further refined ...

Not exactly.. the PAF is still focused on the threats on BOTH sides of the border.
But believes that concrete projects that will deliver quicker deserve the funds...such as the JF-17 and F-16 procurement.

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

Its k Agno.. the Argentinian dude doesn't seem to know english.. so Ive PM'ed him the answer and asked him to use a translating software to make the posts here in english.. now it depends how interested he is
HOWEVER. all other offtopic lame-o posts need to be thrown out.. whether you do it or I.. people need to get the memo on keeping themselves on the topic and avoiding smart alec comments.

Unfortunately you tell them that and they feel we are cutting down their hopes.
What most dont realize is that the JF-17 is an achievement in its own right as it is.
NO other fighter offers so much for so little.

The price of JFT is quite low because of low design and development cost.

It is a 4.5 generation a/c , with best maintainece and upgrade possibilities.
No risk of control and sanctions. Easy integration and low operating cost.

Other reason for low price may be PAC/CATIC wish to win some customer.

Depends on planned sq strength the PAF wants to keep.|
At current levels.. 150 JF, 100 odd F-16's and perhaps 50-60 FC-20's are enough.
But the FC-20 program is not coming unless the economic conditions improve.

As we have already learned from PAF on various occasions in past and now latest from ACM that the number of squadrons will not increase and i guess they may also not go down. considering new threat perceptions and dedicated squadron for naval role.

I don't see any reason, either to believe figure of 100 F-16 in PAF inventory, where as the eventual numbers of JFT had been announced 250-300, distributed over 3 blocks.

I also don't see China re-exporting Al-31, neither current block of J-10B match to the PAF requirements of stealth.
PAF is not looking only for extra payload. further more, plan of PAF is to limit the number of frame types to 2.
Beyond JFT PAF is only looking for stealth version and ultimate machine.

It appears that PAF may skip J-10B and jump to 5th generation.

The price of JFT is quite low because of low design and development cost.

It is a 4.5 generation a/c , with best maintainece and upgrade possibilities.
No risk of control and sanctions. Easy integration and low operating cost.

Other reason for low price may be PAC/CATIC wish to win some customer.

As we have already learned from PAF on various occasions in past and now latest from ACM that the number of squadrons will not increase and i guess they may also not go down. considering new threat perceptions and dedicated squadron for naval role.

I don't see any reason, either to believe figure of 100 F-16 in PAF inventory, where as the eventual numbers of JFT had been announced 250-300, distributed over 3 blocks.

I also don't see China re-exporting Al-31, neither current block of J-10B match to the PAF requirements of stealth.
PAF is not looking only for extra payload. further more, plan of PAF is to limit the number of frame types to 2.
Beyond JFT PAF is only looking for stealth version and ultimate machine.

It appears that PAF may skip J-10B and jump to 5th generation.

Nope.. you earlier hypothesis which you stated in the opening sentence is actually very accurate.

Current planned strength is around a 100 odd F-16's..depending on the availability of F-16's and a 150 JF-17's spanned over three batches of roughly 50.

Discúlpeme , pero solo Español , estoy usando el traductor de GOOGLE , reitero que me disculpen por la traducción ...
Forgive me, but only Spanish, I am using the translator of GOOGLE, repeat that they forgive me for the translation...
Hello to All the foristas, me gustaria to know if it is A Project of Pakistan to put Avionics of the Rafale to the JF-17 of Pakistan and if already They Are Made By probe of fuel.

No Amigo, the avionics of JFT are Chinese, until some customer request for different and is also willing to pay for the engineering.
While IFR probe is already integrated and is expected to be in service by mid of this year.

lucky PAF and massively generous CHINEASE

Dear,

Ever heard of 2 Billion Dollar Submarine on Lease ? I give you the INS Chakra. I hate stooping to your level, but then again, if thats the only language you understand ...

Try not to troll every single thread you come across, leave some for the rest. Please ...

Regards,
Sapper

Nope.. you earlier hypothesis which you stated in the opening sentence is actually very accurate.

Current planned strength is around a 100 odd F-16's..depending on the availability of F-16's and a 150 JF-17's spanned over three batches of roughly 50.

just 250 combat jets? That's a dangerously low level.

The sentence you referred is not a hypothesis, its a fact.

Your second statement may be result of your personal relations, otherwise what is announced is 250-300 JFT.
qty.:50 (blk-1) qty.:100 (blk-2) qty.:100-150 (blk-3)

100 F-16 is only possible if Pakistan buy more MLU kits and more used F-16.
How bright are the chances of additional 30-40 MLU kits is any ones guess.

New F-16 will never be ordered. Simple reason, JFT blk-2 exceed in specs. than of F-16 blk-52.

The sentence you referred is not a hypothesis, its a fact.

Your second statement may be result of your personal relations, otherwise what is announced is 250-300 JFT.
qty.:50 (blk-1) qty.:100 (blk-2) qty.:100-150 (blk-3)

100 F-16 is only possible if Pakistan buy more MLU kits and more used F-16.
How bright are the chances of additional 30-40 MLU kits is any ones guess.

New F-16 will never be ordered. Simple reason, JFT blk-2 exceed in specs. than of F-16 blk-52.

Can you prove this or just another fan boy ???

Can you prove this or just another fan boy ???

No one can prove any thing to you ever.

There is no solution for your denials.

BTW... what do you know about F-16? or just collecting inputs for DRDO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom