What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The JF-17 is a fairly good plane, though there is nothing sensational about it. It is a class of lower than the F-16. I flew the simulator at Singapore air show. It is capable, but nothing that bothers me.
So you are that dumb journalist.....

Thanks we really laughed that day :lol:

The JF-17 is a fairly good plane, though there is nothing sensational about it. It is a class of lower than the F-16. I flew the simulator at Singapore air show. It is capable, but nothing that bothers me.

Nest time you will play HAWKS with cheats & come up with a lame conclusion that MiG15 is better than F22:rofl::rofl:

Man, can we please have decent discussions about the real JF-17 and not the toy stuff that they let some egoistic journalist play with?

I mean, even simulators cost millions of dollars and i doubt if the airforce will ever let any journalist come near the real thing.

000ffea67ffe0dd5ec5e26.jpg

At 12~13 second mark in video, a board passes by on which the GPS coordinates of the base are written.

According to the board, i.e.( N-31"49'42 , E-36"47'58 ), it is "Shaheed Mwaffaq" Airbase in Jordan.

Regards,
Sapper
Nice catch :tup:

nice pics.. i guess putting forward canards would have given this fighter more tactical advantage...

nice pics.. i guess putting forward canards would have given this fighter more tactical advantage...

That's debatable.

Not all planes benefit from Canards. Mirage series was experimented with and they didn't see practical gains,not enough to implement them.

Canards require additional structure strength which may increase the weight/cost of that part of the fuselage. Also, because the air hits them first, the main wing might need to be re-designed for higher speed turning when canards are up/down and hence disrupting the flow of air.

But most important drawback is that JF-17 has side mounted air-intakes for it's single engine. That leaves no space for canards, and even if they did manage to put one, like on Dassault Mirage Milan, it would disrupt the engine air flow.

If you notice, most modern planes that have canards, have air-intakes under the fuselage not on the sides.

Look at :-

J-10,
SU30 MKI,
Eurofighter Typhoon,
Rafale (In case of Rafale, intakes are not under but on the diagonal side. Canards are above and away from intakes)

lastly, they add to the Radar Cross Section, which goes against the PAF concept of having a plane of small RCS.

Usually Canards are not needed when Plane is fitted with stabilizers + Rudders.

Though it is not a bad idea but considering JFT a lightweight jet - canards seem like an odd option.

Usually Canards are not needed when Plane is fitted with stabilizers + Rudders.

Though it is not a bad idea but considering JFT a lightweight jet - canards seem like an odd option.

Well, Typhoon and J-10 both have rudder.

Canards have different roles, but as i said in my post above and earlier, canards cannot be just fitted on JF-17.

You will need large area beside the cockpit for hydraulic controls plus they will disrupt the air flow to engines at high speeds or when canards are moving.

Again as i said,

notice the location of canards on:-
Rafale,
J-10,
Typhoon and SU30 MKI.

Then see JF-17 and tell me if you can put canards there without disrupting airflow to engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom