What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know sir but the aim must be high : A journey of a Thousand Mile starts with a single step.

Aim should be high but this dream will only come true when the Chinese engine is there. And I think so our Lab-our is cheap than China and our plane might be a bit cheap. So we may have 500 planes for export.

JF-17 model exhibited in Singapore Air Show 2010:

facbe638cbe2cb29205a518062943ae5.jpg

Would love to see the link to this new 50 aircraft deal with China.
Becoz as far as i know, we had received 8 JF-17s, when the deal for 42 JF-17s was done last year in March i believe, so in those 42 Jf-17s contracted, we have so far received 6, making 14 of them in the first Sqd raised, as 8 were already there, 6 added more which got manufactured in pakistan and china both.

The new batch of next 50 or 100 JF-17s would only be ordered after the rumored French avionics deal is signed, as PAF has to be sure if we are gonna get the French avionics or not, before they order mor JF-17s.

What i perceive and what it looks to be happening is, PAF would like to have 50 JF-17s as per the initial batch to be in PAF colors by the end of 2011. By this year end, 14 already in the air, it seems the year end figure would reach 25 or so, and same number of aircraft next year, thus first 50 batch completed.

If the french deal is signed by this year, hopefully by next year, we will see the arrival of the french avionics to Pakistan. And the next batch of JF-17s would be ordered too by that time.

So if we get 50 JF-17s by 2011, it leaves 4 years to the target year of 2015 to have another 100 JF-17s to make the total 150, making on avg 25 JF-17s each year, the target of 150 will be reached by 2015.

To me this is the only realistic approach that i see.

As inducting 25 aircraft each year is a very tough and hard target, as per my understanding of how aircraft and pilots and ground crew gets inducted. And the 25 JF-17s would be the mutual ones, meaning ones coming from China and the ones being manufactured in Pakistan.

Anyhow, plz do show the link which says 50 JF-17s have been ordered, as the last order was for 42 JF-17s.

there is no thing like a new deal between PAF and china foe 50 more planes, i never said so. i guess we all got it confused. what i was trying to say was that for the first batch the planes will be comming from both pakistan and china. as you can see in the first 14 most of the planes are from china. same will continue to happen untill the first batch is complete as currently PAC is only operating one single production line so the numbers produced per year could only get as high as 14 to 16 planes per annum.
however PAF is commited to dedicate a second production line to JF17 project and if God willingly this does happens by the end of this year or somewhere around 2011, by that time we will be done with first block of JF17 and then we can see next block of planes all made here in PAC.
as for the second block production, it is true that PAF is looking to upgrade the plane in next block but nothing worth mentioning have been scored in this departments as yet. still i dont see the JF17 project next block productions suffereing massive delays just because of french avionics.

well i guess i have made my statement a bit more clear now.
thanks for understanding!

regards!

@ Sir FATMAN
sir je i agree with your statement that:
A/C are not given color scheams for fun sake
but sir the one in the following pic:

isnt this camo scheam more suited for Air defence roles whereas it is stated that the first squadrons will be dedicated for CAS duties.
sir could it be that PAF have changed there mind and are willing to wait for next batch for CAS roles when the planes will probably have a better engine and could carry more payload. there is only a grim possibility for this to happen but if it does atleast i am happy. Sir je dont you think that theJF in its current specs specially with current hardpoints in not very well suited for CAS duties considering that two of the actual seven hardpoints might well see external fuel tanks whereas a third one will be occupied by a targeting POD. well a palen with four hardpoints performing CAS!
what are you comments??

regards!

well here they are.I captured these from a video.
three pictures of normal jf-17 thunder color scheme and five of new f-16 like color scheme.
Thunder really look good in dark colors.

eb59e1005b7d718f8da41f35bbd55322.jpg

6112e468d88acd118b269859d9f4b63b.jpg

THE DARK GRAY AND LIGHT GRAY COLOR SCHEME.

edaadb4012c56c2b33fa3abcef423c62.jpg

386b1041c9875a75b6b228dec200e305.jpg

80b18224188f8495350056195c357a68.jpg

0510cbdab9e2182f4b2b7caacfcefd3a.jpg

37af4e948cd058798a7f00738e81f7f8.jpg

Last edited:
but there is a hell of a diffrence in the appearance of both aircrafts with same color scheme ...i thnk f-16 is the most graceful aircraft ever built

yeah! it is the bubble canopy for me that add to the beauty of Falcons!!

regards!

eventually later on JF-17 will have bubble canopy let them grow we'll see that in next 5/6 years

@ Sir FATMAN

isnt this camo scheam more suited for Air defence roles whereas it is stated that the first squadrons will be dedicated for CAS duties.
sir could it be that PAF have changed there mind and are willing to wait for next batch for CAS roles when the planes will probably have a better engine and could carry more payload. there is only a grim possibility for this to happen but if it does atleast i am happy. Sir je dont you think that theJF in its current specs specially with current hardpoints in not very well suited for CAS duties considering that two of the actual seven hardpoints might well see external fuel tanks whereas a third one will be occupied by a targeting POD. well a palen with four hardpoints performing CAS!
what are you comments??

regards!

they should put a new hardpoint on port intake for PODs....this would enable the fifth hardpoint...

PAF Inducts First Squadron of JF-17 Thunder Jet
February 18, 2010

ISLAMABAD: The first squadron of fighter jet JF-17 Thunder, a joint Pakistan-China production, was on Thursday inducted in Pakistan Air Force (PAF) fleet.

A special ceremony was held for this purpose at PAF Air Base near Kamra Aeronautical Complex, about 50km from here. Chief of Air Staff Rao Qamar Suleman formally received the squadron.

In his address, the Air Chief congratulated the nation and said it is a historic day for PAF and entire nation.

JF-17 Thunder aircraft is an advanced multi-role light combat aircraft jointly developed by Chengdu and Pakistan Aeronautical Complex under a strategic collaboration project. The aircraft is designed to be cost-effective and can meet the tactical and strategic needs of the Pakistan Air Force, and various other air forces.

The production facilities have been set up for the aircraft in Pakistan. The first batch of 50 JF-17 Thunder aircraft has been equipped with the Chinese/Pakistani avionics and missiles, while the later aircrafts are to be equipped with more advanced radars and missiles.

France offered Pakistan its RC-400 radar and MBDA MICA missile for the aircraft.

The serial production of JF-17 Thunder has already started and the production capacity would be gradually taken to 25 aircraft per year by 2011.

About 60 per cent of the aircraft’s frame and 80 per cent of its avionics have ?been manufactured in Pakistan.

eventually later on JF-17 will have bubble canopy let them grow we'll see that in next 5/6 years

is there any thing official regarding this or is it just your speculation???i mean i havent heared any thing about it and neither do i think any thing like this will happen as it will involve a complete design changing!!

@ Sir FATMAN

what are you comments??

regards!

yes sir you are quite right!!
atleast one hardpoint should be added immediately to accomodate a targetting POD!
in this way the problem will be sorted out to some extent as we can use multiple pylons to fit more them one bomb on one single hardpoint

thus it will be fine enough in CAS role!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom