What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think JF can easily take out a 4.5 gen fighter, then you're just fooling yourself.

These 4.5 gen planes aren't made of paper you see. If its easy for a 4 gen light fighter to take on a 4.5 gen fighter than tearing down a JF would be piece of cake for the 4.5 gen fighter.

Right now you're sounding just like the Indian you mentioned in your post.

Hi
who said a thing about other 4.5 gen fighters incompetency?, this is where the twisting syndrome kicks in?
Listen to your self your talking as if Jf-17 needs your permission to shoot a 4.5 generation fighter
no thanks i have never been fond of posting utter propaganda to calm my self down just because my antagonists have something to make me envious.
if wishes were horses beggars would ride......... just because if u think that jf-17 is not 4.5 or 4 gen how is that going to stop it from catching any jet at the range of 150+ km ( if jf gets long range radar, which was my actual point)( most probably KLJ-10) & firing a long range BVRM at it.

if wishes were horses beggars would ride......... just because if u think that jf-17 is not 4.5 or 4 gen how is that going to stop it from catching any jet at the range of 150+ km ( if jf gets long range radar, which was my actual point)( most probably KLJ-10) & firing a long range BVRM at it.

Just read the bolded part and that's what we call hypocrisy.

IF is one word not allowed in defense.

IF MKI gets a 2000 km missile and a radar, then VOILA it can down a F22.

See how much difference an IF makes???

Stop wishing

Just read the bolded part and that's what we call hypocrisy.

IF is one word not allowed in defense.

IF MKI gets a 2000 km missile and a radar, then VOILA it can down a F22.

See how much difference an IF makes???

Stop wishing
Hi
if IAF is looking for 2000 km radar then who knows ? but JF-17 is getting 150+ km radar so deal with it instead of living in your wonderland. and this is a JF-17 thunder thread where all aspects related to its development are discussed so if some one asks about its potential upgrades then its part of the research so don't be such a hot head if these question make you feel uncomfortable.

Hi
if IAF is looking for 2000 km radar then who knows ? but JF-17 is getting 150+ km radar so deal with it instead of living in your wonderland. and this is a JF-17 thunder thread where all aspects related to its development are discussed so if some one asks about its potential upgrades then its part of the research so don't be such a hot head if these question make you feel uncomfortable.

Name the 150 km radar please.

Name the 150 km radar please.
It's allegedly in the Chinese forum that CAC is working on Egypt specified JF-17/FC-1: new radar with detection of RCS 5m2 plane in 150km and reduction of FC-1 RCS to below 1m2. Egyptian assembly line delivery is said to be 2012.
Ask him to fill you in with details about it, also keep in mind my first question
Hi
If JF-17 can get a long range radar along with long range BVRM then i don't see a reason why it wont be worthy opponent to so called 4.5 gen fighters
000-3d-model-jf-17_f1.jpg
Also keep in mind that China is developing PL-13 which is reported to have a long range & for that you need long range radar as well.

Last edited:
ohh hell guys everyone needs to stop take a breath and first lay down the ground to what is a TRUE 4th GENERATION FIGHTER! :

1) Should be multirole aircraft & should be able to fire BVR missiles as well as guided bombs
2) It should be BVR capable
3) Should have a sound ECM in place
4) should be able to data link with AEWs

Now tell me which one of the following is JF lacking in?

List of fighter aircraft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ask him to fill you in with details about it, also keep in mind my first question

Also keep in mind that China is developing PL-13 which is reported to have a long range & for that you need long range radar as well.

We haven't seen the radar as of yet. It was just a rumor. Give me a credible link for the same.

We haven't seen the radar as of yet. It was just a rumor. Give me a credible link for the same.
hi
even if such radars are in existence then how am i supposed to know, isn't that is why i started with asking questions? but its these rumors who turn to reality when the time comes so if that happens JF-17 is gonna kick some serious *** :yahoo:

Hi,

It doesnot make a difference on the battle field what generation the plane is as long as it can do the job it is designed to do against the known advesaries.

Was it Robert Ludlum or John LeCarre who stated in one of their ancient books---if a fake document takes you across a desired check point---is it a fake document---it has done its job---so what is the difference---the difference is that your luck may not hold good at the next check point.

Similiarly---with JF 17---you have to ask---maybe be in the first one or two encounters in the first 2 minutes of the air war---the JF 17 may win just being it is an unknown commodity---but for how long. Once the opponent finds out its abilities, they will design counter measures.

They have the advantage of superior numbers, superior technology and more potent weapons systems.

Just because our JF 17 is going to be our number one fighter---we automatically compare it with the opponents number one.

Well---that is not right---their number one is in a totally different league than ours---.

Paf will have to face the mig BIS---mig 29's---mirage 2k's and upgraded jags as well.

Almost everyone is forgetting the other part of the IAF---which consists of some extremely deadly fighter and strike aircraft---.

Now some of you members are getting 'hopping mad' at me---to them my answer is---PAF knew getting into this plane what the outcome and results would be. This plane has not performed any miracle after it has taken flight---a lots of you are engineering students and others with some gray matter----you people ought to know that all these capabilities have been known through COMPUTER SIMULATION programs before hand.

After all this RA RA RA the bottomline is that this bird is not what we wanted in the first place---we wanted something to stand up against the MKI---.

PAF knows that it has lied to the people of pakistan---they came up with this thing ----wah wah wah wah----this plane can do things that others can't---all our pilots want to fly this plane---. GENTLEMEN IF YOU HAD BEEN FLYING A TIGER MOTH---WOULDN'T YOU GET ECSTATIC WHEN GOT GOT BEHIND A MESSERSCMHITT.

Pakistan didnot want this plane at this stage----now you know the reason why the world air forces don't design their own planes----because in their own minds they create their own war scenarios and come up with their own weapons systems---and that doesnot work in actual war fare.

Defence analysts analyze the need for an air superiority air dominance fighter and produce one accordingly---.

I want you guys to think calmly for a moment---if it was you---and you knew the enemy had MKI's in abundance and you were helpless and need to come up with something---I bet you kids could do better that what the PAF stalwarts did---.

Next time---in the last over---don't send Saeed Ajmal against the australins---Send your pacemen to take you through.

Last edited:
I know what modularity is. I was asking how modularity has been implemented. If you think, space is a problem then let me tell you its not.

The problem is the integration of different class of equipment on the aircraft.

MIL STD defines a bus as I said earlier. It is just an interconnect to transfer data and control signals.
Its like a telephone wire, a medium to send signals across. You can send all sorts of signals over it but that doesn't meant that the receiver and transmitter are compatible with each other. The signal are encrypted and can only be understood by someone who has the key to decrypt the data.

Western equipment has different cryptography methods and encryption standards. They are not compatible with Russian or chinese equipment, no matter what bus you use.

The above bus was used since it is a standard and reduced the costs of designing a new bus. And because buses have nothing exclusive about them. They are all the same except for the bus width, controller and bandwidth.

No. Read more about bus.

Being an IT engg I know more about buses and how they operate.
It was you who said that these buses allow western equipment to be operational with chinese equipment.
It was you who said these bus would enable AMRAAM could be used with chinese radar. And you've failed to prove the same.

As far as I know there are just NON OFFICIAL links telling me about upgrades. No official links suggest any composites or AESA radar.

The only AESA offering was the VIXEN-500E radar, but its worse than a PESA and PAF have rejected it. It has a scan angle of just 60 degrees with a look up range of just 35 NM ie 65 km. The KLJ is still better than this.

No aircraft in the world(except F-16) has seen upgrades as frequently as 5 years. Economically its just not feasible.

Even US has not upgraded its F-18, F22, F15, A10 so frequently, with a mammoth budget.

What makes you think Pakistan would be able to upgrade the aircraft every five years. You're talking like a fanboy now.

Hi,

I doubt very much that there will be any upgrade for the first ten years. Now as for the batches----they may offer different options like th F 16's did---the second batch will come into picture in three years I believe---just due to the function of time---it will have upgraded equipment---that is simply by default----just like in automobiles or any other machinery---.

You are right about cryptology---unless the U S allows it---it will never happen---Pakistan doesnot have the capability to integrate Amraam with a chinese system without the permission of united states---period.

Again---JF 17 is a fantastic air craft---it is a great step forward for PAF---BUT THE PROBLEM IS-----THAT IS NOT WHAT THE DOCTOR ORDERED.:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

I see.
Its great price wise. Great for replacing the old fleet of mirages.
It is a great jump from 3rd gen aircraft. It brings true BVR capability to Pak. Also SD10 missiles would be great jump from previous systems.

Precision bombing is another feat due to its datalinking capability.

It is cheap so can be mass produced. Another advantage is that it can be assembled in Pak itself. Even repair won't be a big deal. Even incase of sanctions you'll not have problems, not to mention the jobs it will create in Pak.

Hi,

Thankyou---that made him happy.

Hi
If JF-17 can get a long range radar along with long range BVRM then i don't see a reason why it wont be worthy opponent to so called 4.5 gen fighters
000-3d-model-jf-17_f1.jpg

Hi,

Thanks for the posts---that is what we have been saying.

But the need is that of today----not three years from now---three years from now-----there will be a different playing field---. That is what the core issue of the problem.----Today----Now----This Instance---.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom