What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
JF17 radar system exhibited in the show

9d32edcb043fc14f2aadeac9bb2d1732.jpg

Originally Posted by mohammadkhan70
Are we receiving any JF 17's in 2008?

As per ACM statements we will have 15 by the year end. We have already received 10 during the year but as the year ends I highly doubt there will be any more delivered in 2008. As scheduled there will be 25 to 30 delivered to PAF in 2009.

here is the reference of the interview by ACM in begining of this year, infact it was on Feb04,2008

"Chief of Air Staff Pakistan Air Force Air Chief Marshal Tanvir Mahmood Ahmed said PAF would induct 8 JF-17 Thunder aircraft by end of this year. The fighter aircraft is being indeginously assembled with the cooperation of China. Addressing the launching ceremony for manufacturing of JF-17 Thunder sub-Assemblies, marking formal assembling of the fighter aircraft at Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC), Air Chief Marshal Tanvir Mahmood Ahmed said around 60 % of the frame of the aircraft while up to 80 % of the avionics to be fitted in the aircraft would be manufactured in the country by 2010.

He said PAC has all plans to make JF-17 Thunder the world's first weapon system that will be able to carry all types of conventional weapons targeting from air to air, air to ground, air to sea and to pound from the air.

He said this state of the art, multipurpose, light combat aircraft, would be a complete combination of fighter and a weapon system which would also have optional capability to carry non-conventional weapons.

He said PAF would induct 150 aircraft in its inventory in the first phase,in accordance with the already signed agreement with the Chines company, cooperating Pakistan in assembling and manufacture of the aircraft.

"Still we will require some 100 aircraft, as the PAC envisages to take the yearly assembling and manufacturing capability of the aircraft from at present 8 aircraft to 15 then up to 25 by 2011," he said."

further he added that
"He said around 40 to 50 aircraft would have avionics of Chinese origin while in the next batch these would have indigenously developed avionics. He said in the next decade the aircraft would be available for re-export through China and the share in the financial receipts would be paid to Pakistan.

After formal inauguration of the sub-assemblies of the aircraft the Air Chief told media persons that PAC in the next two years would achieve the capability to make the fighter a "warfare suite" that would be matching to the needs of most of the countries in the sector".

Here are some more Pics From the Air Show,

oh i dont know why are they appearing in small size but you can click them to get the actual view, can anyone also please solve this problem for me!!

and which radar is this in the above pic by GPIT? Is it something relavent to the following points from anothe blogspot! ,

Two competing radars, one by Nanjing (lab 14) and other by Wuxi (lab 607). Doing testing on both radar as expected, they are both very good radar.
First couple to be equipped with Wuxi radar, the testing has already started, so far, the testing of performance has achieved extremely results
Out of the 8, some will be equipped with Nanjing and some with Wuxi radar
The first batch of JF-17 will definitely be using Chinese radar, they are already doing flight testing with them.

i want to ask that is that radar one of these mentioned or something else?

oh i dont know why are they appearing in small size but you can click them to get the actual view, can anyone also please solve this problem for me!!

and which radar is this in the above pic by GPIT? Is it something relavent to the following points from anothe blogspot! ,

i want to ask that is that radar one of these mentioned or something else?

The picture is from other Chinese website. There is no specification, sorry for that.

need help, sorry for this irreleavant post but i need to know this if anyone can help

need help, sorry for this irreleavant post but i need to know this if anyone can help

You can not tell which type of radar it is because it's not characteristic in the picture. In public it's known that JF17 has chosen the one from Nanjing 14 Institute, KLJ-7.

SD-10 AAM data from china Nov 2008, 199kg, its heavy, perhaps with rail??
>= 70km range, 0-21 km altitude

Attachments

• SD-10-AAM.jpg
    SD-10-AAM.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 75
PL-5EII data, 16km range, 83 kg

Attachments

• PL-5EII AAM.jpg
    PL-5EII AAM.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 60
SD10/PL12 Specifications

Length: 3.85 m
Body diameter: 203 mm
Wing span: n/k
Launch weight: 180 kg
Warhead: HE fragmentation
Fuze: Active proximity fuse
Guidance: Inertial mid-course and /or datalink updates, with active radar terminal homing
Propulsion: Solid dual-thrust rocket motor
Range: 70 km (in a head on engagement)

The SD-10 is outwardly very similar to the US-designed AIM-120 AMRAAM. The two share a comparable aerodynamic configuration, although with a length of 3.85m, a diameter of 20.3 cm and a weight of 180 kg the SD-10 is a little longer, wider and heavier than the AMRAAM. The SD-10 has four rear-mounted control fins that each have a very distinctive notch cut into their base. These fins are longer and more prominent than those of the AMRAAM and are cropped at an angle (rather than in line with the missile body). Four larger triangular fins are fixed to the mid-section of the missile. Internally, the leading edge of the centrebody fins is in line with the start of the missile's rocket motor. That motor is a variable-thrust sold rocket booster, that offers two levels of motive power for different sections of the flight envelope.
CATIC is known to be developing X-band and Ku-band active radar seekers, which may be intended for the SD-10. However the latest reports confirm that China has been co-operating closely with Russia's AGAT Research Institute, based in Moscow, and that AGAT is the source of the SD-10's essential active seeker. This joint development effort (perhaps with the name 'Project 129') has reportedly seen the supply of AGAT's 9B-1348 active-radar seeker (developed for the Vympel R-77, AA-12 'Adder') to China for integration with a Chinese-developed missile, the SD-10. Alternatively, technology from AGAT's 9B-1103M seeker family may be offered to China. Russia is also the source for the missile's inertial navigation system and datalink.
The SD-10 has four engagement modes. To take the greatest advantage of its maximum range it will use a mix of command guidance (via a datalink) plus its own inertial guidance before entering the active radar terminal guidance phase. The missile can also be launched to a pre-selected point, using its strap-down inertial system, before switching on its own seeker for a terminal search. Over short ranges the missile can be launched in a 'fire-and-forget' mode using its own active seeker from the outset. Finally, the SD-10 has a 'home-on-jam' mode that allows it to passively track and engage an emitting target, without ever using its own active radar or a radar from the launch aircraft. The seeker is connected to a digital flight control system that uses signal processing techniques to track a target. The missile's warhead is linked to a laser proximity fuse.
The SD-10 is claimed to have an operational ceiling of 20 km, with a maximum effective range of 70 km and a minimum engagement range of 1,000 m. The missile has a 40 g manoeuvring limit and, according to CATIC, it has been tested for a 100-hour captive 'live flight' life.

ASIA PACIFIC

Date Posted: 06-Nov-2008

Jane's Defence Weekly

Airshow China: Pakistan jointly exhibits JF-17 fighter with China

Trefor Moss JDW Asia-Pacific Editor - Zhuhai

Pakistan has underlined its close defence ties with China by jointly exhibiting the JF-17 (FC-1) fighter aircraft at Airshow China in Zhuhai from 4-9 November.

Alongside the Chengdu J-10, the JF-17 was the most high-profile military aircraft at the show, demonstrating the enthusiasm in both China and Pakistan for exporting the jointly developed fighter to third parties.

A Pakistani military official that asked not to be named said there were still no firm orders for the aircraft from outside China and Pakistan, but that discussions with potential buyers were proceeding steadily. The presence of a large Tanzanian military delegation at the JF-17 stand indicated the kind of customer the partner countries are targeting.

The official added that Pakistan was interested in acquiring the J-10 from China at a later date, but that serious negotiations were yet to take place.

The other significant Asian presence in Zhuhai was that of long-time Pakistani rival India, whose Surya Kiran Aerobatic Team was performing at the show. India has been keen to promote military exchanges with China to help avoid any misunderstandings as the two countries increase their regional influence.

As with the recent improvement in military relations between India and the United States, another long-standing ally of Pakistan, such contact has become a source of unease in Islamabad.

© 2008 Jane's Information Group

Hello.
I am from Serbia. I have just seen this thread and would like to comment FC/1 fighter. I believe that is one of the best i the class and sure hope that Serbian Airforce obtain FC/1 as new fighter.

Haider,

Nice picture, I posted this on one of these fourms. I don't remember which one. I am surprise to see that you put a copy write on my picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom