What's new

JF-17 Thunder – Lightning Strikes Twice

Status
Not open for further replies.
PAF should buy 25-50 JF17s with the Grifo-E and the Meteor missile, all integrated with the Sab 2000 AEW&C !!!! It will really make the indians double think as they will be facing the same missile which they claim, can and will "rule" the skies of south asia. The deterrence value will be immense !!!!!

But only if we can get a s400 from Russia and stick it on the JF-17s undercarriage pylon

That way the JF17 can be a big threat to other planes

Average of 12 a year up til 2024, very slow if we look at the current situation post 27 Feb, I would have thought as bare minimum PAC would be churning out 18 a year.

But only if we can get a s400 from Russia and stick it on the JF-17s undercarriage pylon

That way the JF17 can be a big threat to other planes
I have a better idea let's wait for S500.

can someone tell me why its taken years to finalise the ASEA?

its been going on for years and we are at minimum 2 years behind schedule for Block III

why do they keeping thinking which one to pick there is only two>

first was end of 2017 then it slipped to 2018 and now 2019 and now they are saying 2020

each time always excuse is PAF is deciding on which ASEA to pick

for goodness sake just pick the bloody thing and start the production, someone should be court marshalled for this

its been going on for years and we are at minimum 2 years behind schedule for Block III

first was end of 2017 then it slipped to 2018 and now 2019 and now they are saying 2020

for goodness sake just pick the bloody thing and start the production, someone should be court marshalled for this

Personally I think the desired radar hasn't met our standards or has teething problems that are delaying the selection.

Our choice is limited to China and and the maturity of Chinese AESA is debatable hence delays to block 3.

I know a friend in China who graduated from USA and is associated with JF17 for the last 15 years. Chinese are developing and maturing but their technology lags behind Western counterparts. AESA is very new and complicated hardware and Chinese have been struggling to come up with a good product. They are evolving and maturing and only when the product is good enough for us that we will sigh off. As for the Western AESA everyone said no except Italians . And their product is expensive and untested. They are still in the running for our AESA requirement

I know a friend in China who graduated from USA and is associated with JF17 for the last 15 years. Chinese are developing and maturing but their technology lags behind Western counterparts. AESA is very new and complicated hardware and Chinese have been struggling to come up with a good product. They are evolving and maturing and only when the product is good enough for us that we will sigh off. As for the Western AESA everyone said no except Italians . And their product is expensive and untested. They are still in the running for our AESA requirement

J10C uses AESA radar as does J11D as is J15D expected to as does J20

along with J16 and J16D

its not like China is completely new to AESA?

12 block 3 + 8 twin seat

Average of 12 a year up til 2024, very slow if we look at the current situation post 27 Feb, I would have thought as bare minimum PAC would be churning out 18 a year.

real world performance testing in all possible environments, weather conditions and scenarios is a very slow and time consuming activity, it's not like testing a light bulb.

12 block 3 + 8 twin seat

real world performance testing in all possible environments, weather conditions and scenarios is a very slow and time consuming activity, it's not like testing a light bulb.
Yes but it’s about fitting in a small nose cone, light weight, single
Engine and with the performance matching modern Western systems .... a lot to ask for from Chinese manufacturers .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom