What's new

JF-17 Thunder Draws First Blood

This is still hear say not fact.

Well, the Thunder pilot and his mates have been celebrating pretty hard. A video was already posted of them dancing, and another of them chanting victory slogans. And you can clearly see the JF-17 in the background.

A Thunder took out a Fishbed. That's pretty much fact at this point.

The speculation is the 2nd downed Indian aircraft, what was it and who hit it? A Viper or a Thunder? There's a lot of discussion on this, you should look through it and make your own opinion.

Anyone else has noted something missing ?
zdffUYx.jpg

Well, the Thunder pilot and his mates have been celebrating pretty hard. A video was already posted of them dancing, and another of them chanting victory slogans. And you can clearly see the JF-17 in the background.

A Thunder took out a Fishbed. That's pretty much fact at this point.

The speculation is the 2nd downed Indian aircraft, what was it and who hit it? A Viper or a Thunder? There's a lot of discussion on this, you should look through it and make your own opinion.
I have that is why i am stating, we are not sure on the second. It is very likely releasing of any footage may give any unwarranted info which is why they are holding off on any release.

I have that is why i am stating, we are not sure on the second. It is very likely releasing of any footage may give any unwarranted info which is why they are holding off on any release.
One more fighter and 1 heli went down within minutes of the engagement ..co incidence may be
PAF states a fourth aircraft going down shot by them while IAF states only 2 jets and 1 mi17 went down

India claim:1 shot down, 2 technical failure
Pak claim: 2 shot down the other 2 we have nothing to do with

Evdience:
1.Wreckage of mig21 on Pakistan side
2.BVR missle found by india, location/time.of fire and source cant be ascertained
3.Eye witness claiming multiple parashoots

One more fighter and 1 heli went down within minutes of the engagement ..co incidence may be
PAF states a fourth aircraft going down shot by them while IAF states only 2 jets and 1 mi17 went down

India claim:1 shot down, 2 technical failure
Pak claim: 2 shot down the other 2 we have nothing to do with

Evdience:
1.Wreckage of mig21 on Pakistan side
2.BVR missle found by india, location/time.of fire and source cant be ascertained
3.Eye witness claiming multiple parashoots
True. In reality, Awacs in air will know exactly which bird was where. They wont be saying much and it will be buried. I do understand very much on PAF side ... best policy is to keep quiet as blood has been drawn. I do agree completely with them - in this ambiguity lies strength.

Did the Indians themselves shoot down the Mi17s in the confusion of the fog of war?
Odds of mi17 going down exactly at same time when all guns were blazing is low..someone shot that mi17 down..people say they heard a blast and than saw chopper in flames coming down..but unless india disclose it we will never know

Odds of mi17 going down exactly at same time when all guns were blazing is low..someone shot that mi17 down..people say they heard a blast and than saw chopper in flames coming down..but unless india disclose it we will never know

Maybe that's what they shot down but they mistook it for a Viper. Or maybe the PAF did it and mistook it for another fighter jet.

Allahu alam.

yes, it is likely either friendly fire or some other issue on board. internal to IAF.

Back
Top Bottom