What's new

JF-17 Thunder Block III is no match against Rafale

Status
Not open for further replies.
KLJ-7A is a downscale version of the AESA radar used by J-20, while J-10C is equipped with another downscale version.

All made by the same institute.

Seriously what is childish talk from the indian side since they received their first rafale. They are excited like they already won the war and defeated pakistan :lol: Or they achieved some huge milestone .Today my depression vanished in thin air when i watched the show of arnab Cowswamee on rafales and his excitement was out of this world :rofl:
Is su30 any less of a fighter jet than your rafales ?? If that did not work for you on 27th February rafales wont help you either because who is going to fly those rafales ,the same IAF pilots with poor training and the same ground crew known for poor maintenance is going to maintain those jets.
Also its a well known fact that french aircraft and in general french arms are very expensive to maintain ,they will ask you a huge price to repair or replace old parts and in the long run it will be a pain in the arse. Just like we suffered when we bought augosta french submarines ,according to musharraff maintaining them was extremely costly and painful.And with such falling indian economy how you people are going to afford that??
Ok you can afford to buy expensive jets i agree you have a big economy but you always failed to value quality over the quantity. Few indian defence analysts know this but their voice has no value in front of arrogant indians suffering from superiority complex(fortunately) .Just keep it that way you are actually doing us a favour :lol:
We on the other hand have less money thats we are force to focus on quality and a bang for the buck.
IMHO india wasted money on 36 rafales ,this money should be spent on pilot training and maintenance of jets.
But oh wait modi and his corrupt cronies needed to get their piece of commission so buying rafales were necessary.
For the last time... the JF-17 is not meant to be a match for the Rafale... it is meant to replace our older aircraft.
Sorry beg to differ ...
Actually JF17 was meant to be a evolving jet as well in accordance with the needs of modern warfare it was not just made to replace the older jets.

The KLJ-7A is GaN based modules? I heard it does, but it is unconfirmed.

IMHO, we are relying too much on JF-17 Block III, lets be realistic, it will be no match against Rafales. JF-17 is a liteweight aircraft, Rafales is the medium weight. Rafales has more hard points and long range BVR missiles. I think PAF missed the trick, They should have gone for the J-10C for the stop gap. I even doubt J-10C are at par with Rafales.
we all know that F-16 Block 70/72 is at par with Rafale, but we dont have any of those. I am not talking about men behind machine, i am talking about machine vs machine. sure 36 numbers arent that big, but those 36 units can turn the table in air combat. dont forget that S-400 is also coming. we have no answer for it. quoting 27th Feb incident all the time, wont save us from future short comings. we should never underestimate our adversary. thats what indians do. we shouldnt do it, instead find the solution for it . our AZM project is still on paper. it will take some good 15+ years to complete. our current F-16 fleets going to retire in 10 to 12 years. so wheres the stop gap ? its a serious issue. i am sure PAF knows about it. but we didnt see anything solid coming out from PAF. i am not going into financial issues becoz, when we go for battle or war, we should be prepared for it, no matter whats the cost. JF-17 and Rafales are like Apples and Oranges. our only answer and option is F-16 Block 70/72.
senior members on PDF can share some thoughts on this topic.

One thing you should understand that air wars are not just fought by one type of system vs another type of system, now its all about collection of systems and how they are deployed/used and 27 Feb is prove of it.

Just develop DF-100, YJ-18A, YJ-12 class missiles and their launch platform from air, land and see then no Indian system will be safe from Pakistani strike.

One thing you should understand that air wars are not just fought by one type of system vs another type of system, now its all about collection of systems and how they are deployed/used and 27 Feb is prove of it.

Just develop DF-100, YJ-18A, YJ-12 class missiles and their launch platform from air, land and see then no Indian system will be safe from Pakistani strike.
Yup on top of that there is very rarely a 1 vs 1 situation. There will be other players on the chess board as well such as AWACS and Falcons etc alongside Blk 3.

Proof is in the eating. A single front war will be a 'dhabardhooz' for india. Our most dangerous scenario is a two-front war.
Can India face the same situation ie a double front war? We may encounter problems from our west but a full scale war would be unlikely unless you are counting the mullahs of Iran as an adversary which again seems unlikely.
A

it is better than russian jets but chinese technology is not tested yet against rafale and it can surprise indian airforce as chinese economy is better than france and they are spending more in research and development so pl15 is expected to be much better than meteor bvr

China has surpassed European countries in many fields but some idiots will keep lying. Chinese Fast trains are better in quality than any thing western and here in Sweden we are considering buying next gen trains from China.. not Japan, France or Germany. Similarly, UK selected Chinese technology for its next gen of nuclear power production despite objections from USA...and same goes for 5G technology and quantum communication etc.

The KLJ-7A is GaN based modules? I heard it does, but it is unconfirmed.
I'm sure it is GaN (Gallium Nitride) based since China is using its upscaled version (i.e. more TR modules) in J20 and we all know that China is the world's leading supplier of the rare earth metals and other exotic elements of the Periodic table.

KLJ-7A is a downscale version of the AESA radar used by J-20, while J-10C is equipped with another downscale version.

Yes and No. one is a spec finalized based on tech 5-7 years ago but still is potent. The other is based on tech from last years but doesn’t have the power to match.
Power modules/source can in fact be upgraded. Isn't it?

Last edited:
JF-17 may not be the frontline fight to take on to Rafael 1 on 1, but when properly employed with AWACS, other F-16s or future stealth fighter in numbers, it will create Havoc in air battles.

With AESA radar, PL 15s and low RCS and share numbers. Not only it’s a potent fighter itself but also It’s a force multiplier in many scenarios.

Currently Indians are struggling to find cheaper yet potent replacement for 2nd line fighter to replace their migs.

Ability to pump out decent jets as a replacement and in number without going bankrupt, during conflict means winning or losing.

According to USAF study, for every three Su-35 or J-16, they are expected to lose one F-22. Just keeping this in prospective, Rafael is not even stealth.

So given the Finincial restraints and the immediate threat spectrum, Old men of PAF seems to be doing just fine.
IMHO, we are relying too much on JF-17 Block III, lets be realistic, it will be no match against Rafales. JF-17 is a liteweight aircraft, Rafales is the medium weight. Rafales has more hard points and long range BVR missiles. I think PAF missed the trick, They should have gone for the J-10C for the stop gap. I even doubt J-10C are at par with Rafales.
we all know that F-16 Block 70/72 is at par with Rafale, but we dont have any of those. I am not talking about men behind machine, i am talking about machine vs machine. sure 36 numbers arent that big, but those 36 units can turn the table in air combat. dont forget that S-400 is also coming. we have no answer for it. quoting 27th Feb incident all the time, wont save us from future short comings. we should never underestimate our adversary. thats what indians do. we shouldnt do it, instead find the solution for it . our AZM project is still on paper. it will take some good 15+ years to complete. our current F-16 fleets going to retire in 10 to 12 years. so wheres the stop gap ? its a serious issue. i am sure PAF knows about it. but we didnt see anything solid coming out from PAF. i am not going into financial issues becoz, when we go for battle or war, we should be prepared for it, no matter whats the cost. JF-17 and Rafales are like Apples and Oranges. our only answer and option is F-16 Block 70/72.
senior members on PDF can share some thoughts on this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom