What's new

JF-17 "Extremely close" to the MIG-29: Mikhail Pogosyan

Current JF17 are not for A2A purpose but for A2G purpose, so comparing them doesn't make sense.
Our current JF17 configuration is for replacing A-5 and Miraj. But if a customer wants current configuration instead of block2, he can get it at much lower cost compared to Mig29.

Sir
why you are posting both type of posts some times you say that jf17 is near to Mig29 and now telling that it was not for A2A purpose but block 2 will we able to that role

I am not talking about future please talk about present situation in future we will got best 4.5 gen plane (MMRCA)

dog&

a_dog_chasing_its_tail_249495.jpg

Sir am asking abt the induction of JF17 in plaaf but u have not replied anthing related to tat.. Where did FC-1 came in now and it's off topic. I just want to know why paf alone inducted this aircraft and not plaaf

How many times will indian keep asking the same thing??

OBVIOUSLY China won’t induct the JF-17 when they have much more superior aircrafts at their disposal, which they are making in-house. JF-17 Thunder has a role to play:

A multi-role fighter that is affordable, yet still incorporates 4th, 4.5 and perhaps in the future even some 5th gen technological capabilities. It is designed to be able to integrate Chinese and Western technologies, leaving lots of room for future upgradations. It was designed jointly with Pakistan for the sole reason that it would be inducted in reasonably large numbers not just by Pakistan; but also other potential export customers ---Egypt is already confirmed to buy kits and assemble them locally (Algeria, Azerbayjan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka –perhaps even Nigeria are all high-potential customers).

For the price it will cost to manufacture each individual unit, it’s a great bang-for the buck. China has no constraints on ‘’bucks’’ so they are enabled to induct the crème-de-la-crop. PAF runs on stated budget with stated objective.

And to answer your question, JF-17 Thunder is the export designate name of the aircraft. As mods rightfully pointed out, there is a plethora of info on the subject, on the specs, on existing and future upgrades of the aircraft here:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-aviation/68207-jf-17-thunder-multirole-fighter-thread-4-a.html

Please read it first; if you don’t want to spend time sifting through pages of dialogue, then use the search function. (it works great)

Sir, we already discuss about RADAR, batter maneuvarable, range now speed

what else left ???

mileage ??? :lol:

Summary for you comfort!
Radar:
* KLJ10, RC400, Grifo-S7 all at par or above than Zhuk Me.
Thus a good competition for Mig29.

Manuverability:
* HMS in JF17 can out perform Mig29's manuverability.
* Mig29 manuverability causes big stress on pilots thus causing black out.
* JF17's manuverability combined with stability is a big advantage infront of unstable platform like Mig29.
Thus again a very good competition for Mig29.

Range:
Who need range? Aircrafts with big range is usefull for the countries like Russia and India. Existing range of JF17 is enough for Pakistan or our customers. Even AWACS are their to increade the range where needed.

Regards,

I think we are comparing radar of both planes

BTW what is RCS????

You don't know what RCS is and you are here arguing about planes.

Now understand why you are stuck at speed, payload and engines, as that are the simplest things one can see and understand.

Whole thread gone wasted, thanks for helping in that.

Summary for you comfort!
Radar:
* KLJ10, RC400, Grifo-S7 all at par of above than Zhuk Me.
Thus a good competition for Mig29.

Manuverability:
* HMS in JF17 can out perform Mig29's manuverability.
* Mig29 manuverability causes big stress on pilots thus causing black out.
* JF17's manuverability combined with stability is a big advantage infront of unstable platform like Mig29.
Thus again a very good competition for Mig29.

Range:
Who need range? Aircrafts with big range is usefull for the countries like Russia and India. Existing range of JF17 is enough for Pakistan or our customers. Even AWACS are their to increade the range where needed.

Regards,

Why wasting time guys, go and do something else better.

No matter what you guys say, write and explain, it will not change things nor the view from other side.

Understand the mentality, they can't withstand such statements, hazam nahien hotaaa aisii batain.

Why wasting time guys, go and do something else better.

No matter what you guys say, write and explain, it will not change things nor the view from other side.

Understand the mentality, they can't withstand such statements, hazam nahien hotaaa aisii batain.

Let me expose him and his intellect!!!!!!!!!!! Lets see how far he can go!!:lol:

Another point not yet discussed is the fact that the JF-17 has very good, intuitive controls. In a recent video that I translated the Pakistani pilots reported that the JF-17 was "a pleasure to fly" and that the controls were very manageable. The JF-17 pilots flew the F-16 previously and complained that the controls were oversensitive, forcing them to nudge their control sticks very carefully when performing manuevers.

This may be an important aspect of the "pilot factor". While the JF-17 may not be able to match other top fighters performance wise the ease of controls (just ask your local videogame nerd :azn:) may very well make the difference in combat.

You don't know what RCS is and you are here arguing about planes.

Now understand why you are stuck at speed, payload and engines, as that are the simplest things one can see and understand.

Whole thread gone wasted, thanks for helping in that.

RCS: Reduced Cross Section and less batter right ?

# Mikoyan MiG-29K - Due to special coatings Mig-29K radar reflecting surface is 4-5 times smaller than of basic MiG-29. RCS to about 0.60-0.75 m2 [24]

# MIG-29SMT with LO enhancement: 1.0~1.2 m2

MiG-29 FULCRUM

Mig-29K's RCS is officially confirmed to be 4-5 times less than a old Mig-29, due to composites & RAM. So taking an average value between 4 & 5 = 4.5. When the unofficial RCS of 5 is divided by 4.5 we get an RCS of 1.11.

fighter planes fighter plane fighterplanes fighterplane military jets militaryjets

not whats the RCS of jf17

Taimi sir it would better if you mention for whom you post that :toast_sign:

The jf is mainly designed to be a interceptor/air-defence rather than multi-role
Considering it payload and range. But some members are here arguing that block 1 is meant to the role of air to ground role:no:

What I am surprised is why people who know about planes are not posting e.g. Sancho, Gambit and DBC to name the few.

Taimi sir it would better if you mention for whom you post that :toast_sign:

Well from Indian side, don't need to tell, from Pakistan side, as usual, no need to tell for whom it is :)

The jf is mainly designed to be a interceptor/air-defence rather than multi-role
Considering it payload and range. But some members are here arguing that block 1 is meant to the role of air to ground role:no:

No, it has been designed as Multi-role capability in mind.

Its range is less, no doubt, but have you guys seen how many Indian air bases and targets are from Pakistani air bases or from the border ?? I believe i had read somewhere, all the major air bases which are Pakistan specific and ground targets are within 300-400KM range of the border, thus JF-17 can very easily go and attack such targets if required. Even if it can't go 300KM deep, it can very easily target things within 200-250KM from the border and plenty of targets would be there.

JF-17 was designed with India in mind, thus it can perform an interceptor role as well as a ground attack role.

Plus, for deep strike role there would be F-16s & FC-20s.

And yeah, the initial batch would be for ground attack role as primary objective as they are replacing 2 Sqds of ground attack A-5 fighter, while air 2 air would be as secondary role till the more capable 2nd batch starts coming in which would be purely for air 2 air role and ground attack role too, the pure multi-role version.

What really seems to be rubbing the Indians the wrong way is that Russians are saying the JFT is giving the MiG29 a run for it's money - Indians are just "customers" of the MiG29, it seems their "confidence" has taken a hit. Indians, it seems, are experiencing a great deal of heart burn that Russians think the JFT and the MiG29 are in the same league, as "customers", the Indian seem to be expressing the need to justify their purchase, but they don't need to, they know their needs and short comings better than most, even better than the Russian, it would seem.

Well from Indian side, don't need to tell, from Pakistan side, as usual, no need to tell for whom it is :)

No, it has been designed as Multi-role capability in mind.

Its range is less, no doubt, but have you guys seen how many Indian air bases and targets are from Pakistani air bases or from the border ?? I believe i had read somewhere, all the major air bases which are Pakistan specific and ground targets are within 300-400KM range of the border, thus JF-17 can very easily go and attack such targets if required. Even if it can't go 300KM deep, it can very easily target things within 200-250KM from the border and plenty of targets would be there.

JF-17 was designed with India in mind, thus it can perform an interceptor role as well as a ground attack role.

Plus, for deep strike role there would be F-16s & FC-20s.

And yeah, the initial batch would be for ground attack role as primary objective as they are replacing 2 Sqds of ground attack A-5 fighter, while air 2 air would be as secondary role till the more capable 2nd batch starts coming in which would be purely for air 2 air role and ground attack role too, the pure multi-role version.

Sir in my opinion weapon payload also play a big role as being a multi-role fighter. Other wise it requires high number of sorties during conflict.

Unless SMART BOMB - of usa used otherwise it only make minimal damage in enemy side

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom