What's new

JF-17 "Extremely close" to the MIG-29: Mikhail Pogosyan

Okey lets appreciate that someone other than Pakistanis or chinises has appreciated the JF17T. Wether it can match mig 29 or not one thing is evident JF17T has capabilities which some doubted in past and some are doing it right now.

Well Done JF17.

Not arguing with you but, that would be a misnomer than, cause in war time, fuel would be limited but weapons would be carried with max weight !

Well this is how normally T/W ratio is calculated of most of the fighters for people to understand, in layman's term, as already posted by BB above, T/W ratio differs as per situations. With weapon load, majority of the planes whose T/W ratio is being shown as 1 or greater goes down.

Here check this link, all the T/W ratios have been calculated with empty weight and fuel weight added, weapon load isn't.

Thrust-to-weight ratio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So with weapon load the T/W of JF-17 will also go down, similarly for other planes too.

I have no problem believing reduction in weight, be it 3 figure or even 4 figure reduction. That is possible. But can you elaborate a bit about better thrust?
Why and how would the Chinese increase the thrust of a Russian engine, it would give hard time to even the manufacturers themselves. Are you saying that the engines have better specs than what the manufacturer publicly state or Chinese have modified them?

Yeah, the engine's specs are better then what is normally told, why it is being done, well its natural and whether Chinese did it or it has come from the Russians in that way, well no comment for now about that.

Well this is how normally T/W ratio is calculated of most of the fighters for people to understand, in layman's term, as already posted by BB above, T/W ratio differs as per situations. With weapon load, majority of the planes whose T/W ratio is being shown as 1 or greater goes down.

Here check this link, all the T/W ratios have been calculated with empty weight and fuel weight added, weapon load isn't.

Thrust-to-weight ratio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So with weapon load the T/W of JF-17 will also go down, similarly for other planes too.

Yeah, the engine's specs are better then what is normally told, why it is being done, well its natural and whether Chinese did it or it has come from the Russians in that way, well no comment for now about that.

Hey Tamikhan I could be wrong on this but didn't the WS-10A, the Chinese replacement of the Al-31, have slightly higher thrust than the original Russian Engine? I think the greatest challenge with engine construction is not improving thrust output but enhancing engine lifespan and reliability (which is the problem plaguing Chinese engines right now).

There are talks doing rounds in parlay and other web sites that JF17 is based on single engined Mig fighter 35 fighter -- ..i believe he is talking about those.

We all know how true is that.

Do u know what is thrust vector........NO....
If u can see the image of jf-17 ...it don't have the engine which support thrust vector technology......whereas Mig-29's have thrust vector technology and it consist of two engines ...
S please don't make others fool.....PAF is just getting a single engined Chinese toy ...it don't have that range which Mig29 have
AND MIG29 can carry more missiles which this JF thunder can....:taz:

well buddy tell me the name of a single aircraft that is single engine and have tvc

If u can see the image of jf-17 ...it don't have the engine which support thrust vector technology......whereas Mig-29's have thrust vector technology and it consist of two engines ...
S please don't make others fool.....PAF is just getting a single engined Chinese toy ...it don't have that range which Mig29 have

You are done ??

Now shut up:coffee:

Our newest troll.. Welcome to the forum.. enjoy your stay while we decided how best to butt you out.

Welcome, welcome!!!!!!!!!!

We have been waiting for you since yesterday ;)

:lol: :lol: Shows your knowledge on the topic........
:tup:
:tup:

Dont think i am doing Thumbs up for you......Its just this site dont have any emoticon with middle finger so i am using the :tup: for that purpose....

ladies & gents this an endless debate, Indians will never accept that JF-17 is potent enough to compete with any aircraft in indian inventory & Pakistani's will refute the indian arguments.................. & then the cycle will continue. its pointless to even talk about RCS, Radars, Avionics, weapons etc.......i don't see a reason why thing thread is still open for discussion.

Indian is a rather emotional creature and his "feelings" are inflamed when he encounters Pakistan (in any light) but really Who cares what Indian accepts or does not, it does not change anything whether the Indian likes or dislikes - more threads and less Indians, works fine for the forum, I think.

Back
Top Bottom