What's new

JF-17 "Extremely close" to the MIG-29: Mikhail Pogosyan

If JF17 is better than F16 stop buying F16. Just order more JF17.

If JF17 is better than F16 stop buying F16. Just order more JF17.

why can't you guys resist trolling in each and every thread ?? And that also a senior member.

Instead of posting ignorantly & if seriously interested in educating yourself, why don't you educate yourself by reading the JF-17 thread and see what F-16 Block is used for the comparison.

And don't come up with another troll post.

why can't you guys resist trolling in each and every thread ?? And that also a senior member.

Instead of posting ignorantly & if seriously interested in educating yourself, why don't you educate yourself by reading the JF-17 thread and see what F-16 Block is used for the comparison.

And don't come up with another troll post.

His question was legitimate but he should have looked over the comparison thread you mentioned.

Did you guys read his title?

"......Russian high quality jets...."

really?

Such high quality that only other nations can dream of....talk about MIG 21, MIG23, MIG27,MIG29 and SU30 and their deadly crashes.

Not to mention Sukhoi crashing jets at almost every airshow...

SU-30 and their deadly crashes? How many SU-30s have crashed? India has only had 2 crashes in 13 years and one was pilot error, besides those i don't know of any other SU-30's that crashed besides a few at airshows that were caused by pilot error, which would make the SU-30 one of the safest aircrafts today. I can also find videos of F-16's, F-14's, F-18, B-52's and Harriers crashing at airshows.

Most Mig-21 crashes have accured in the IAF and it is well know that half have been pilot error because the aircraft is difficult to fly and because the IAF lacks trainers, many more were from maintenance issues, bird strikes, and poor quality spares.

The Mig-23 have been retired from the Russian airforce for a long time, so the once that are crashing are due to the fact that they have old and unreliable engines, the older the aircraft/engine the higher the attrition rate, if you don't beleive me there has been 23 F-16 crashes in one year, that was back in 1988, so the older the aircraft, the higher the attrition.

SU-30 and their deadly crashes? How many SU-30s have crashed? India has only had 2 crashes in 13 years and one was pilot error, besides those i don't know of any other SU-30's that crashed besides a few at airshows that were caused by pilot error, which would make the SU-30 one of the safest aircrafts today. I can also find videos of F-16's, F-14's, F-18, B-52's and Harriers crashing at airshows.

Most Mig-21 crashes have accured in the IAF and it is well know that half have been pilot error because the aircraft is difficult to fly and because the IAF lacks trainers, many more were from maintenance issues, bird strikes, and poor quality spares.

The Mig-23 have been retired from the Russian airforce for a long time, so the once that are crashing are due to the fact that they have old and unreliable engines, the older the aircraft/engine the higher the attrition rate, if you don't beleive me there has been 23 F-16 crashes in one year, that was back in 1988, so the older the aircraft, the higher the attrition.[/QUOTE]

We still have oldies in our backyard but we don't have a higher crash ratio. It shows the capabilities/dedication of PAF ground crew (maintenance)!
:tup:

Guys, don't make it into another Vs competition or bringing in the Crashing history of things, dedicated threads are there for that.

Keep it to the topic, just 2 pages yet and already tried for derailing it.

:) Sir, you don't see what I see and read from our Indian members with regard to JF-17.

This may seem a perfectly legitimate question, but in reality it isn't :)

Sir, you are absolutely right in a way!
;)

JF 17 is one cute bird!!!

Assalam-o-Alaikum-Warahmat-ULLAH ALL,

What is the situation of 'sale' or 'orders' of this plane ?

Is Pakistan going to get supply of Russian made engines for these planes ?

Are Chinese going to build a comparable engine for this plane ?

Is Pakistan going to build a comparable engine for this plane ?

Hopefully by year end you guys will hear some good news and the status of which engine being used would also be cleared.

For now its premature to be guessing anything.

And for your other queries, plzz go through the aviation section and the JF-17s threads, you will get your answers.

Are Chinese going to build a comparable engine for this plane ?

Is Pakistan going to build a comparable engine for this plane ?

Mistehbab :welcome: to :pdf:
I suggest you to go over to JF-17 threads you will find answer to your questions. Am sure you'll learn a lot more.

Two things that makes JF-17 popular is cheap and poor African countries can afford it. Beside that in avionics,Radar and packages like Zukh-AE, Zukh-ME sends shivers down the western airforce pilot's spine. If people really knew anything about fighters. We wouldn't have fanboys

Affordability is being touted as an element in the seeming popularity of the JFT - but it's just that, an, as in a single, element in the populariuy of the JFT

If people really knew anything about fighters. We wouldn't have fanboys

Indeed, and such fanboys would not make idiotic statements that suggest Air Forces make decisions based not on the perception of threats and the capablities weapon platforms offer, but instead base their decision on whether it's affordable, and not cost effective.

Back
Top Bottom