What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Approximately how many aircraft does the PAF induct per year?

The key concept here is institutional maturity.
It is true, by nature a soldier is not equipped to lead a development project.
However what the Americans have done to solve the problem is developed very robust
procurement and evaluation processes.
They have worked on standardization to an extent that it doesn't matter who is at the top,
work will get done as it should.
This is where PAF , Army and Navy are lacking.

I have said this many times before, the day Pakistan or any third world country for that matter; properly engineers and automates their public procurement system more than half the corruption and nepotism dies.
Actually this the biggest peoblem. There are no standards only personalities who run all of projects as per their wishes.

It looks all funny headlines "JF-17 Block 3 Fighter Has J-20 ‘DNA" after knowing that our actual slavery rich DNA.

Look and analyse the deep divide that have been successfully created between our nation, between institutions,between provinces

have you ever felt the strong civil-military divide as we see & feel today?

Don't be surprised if China starts restricting JF-17 components specially AESA Radars.

First of all, thank you very much for your kindness in answering. Certainly, the incorporation of the JF-17 has become a political issue given the problems that the ruling coalition faces today and the little or no help it receives from the opposition parties and coalition. Next year is an election year in Argentina, and it is almost a fact that Peronism is not going to prolong its administration for four more years. Although the acquisition of a defense system such as the JF-17 is approved in our 2022 budget law, if the negotiation with Pakistan and China is not formalized this year, it will be difficult to achieve anything in 2023. The issue would be delegated to the coalition that ultimately wins the 2023 elections, and that coalition would not align itself with China or Pakistan, but with the US. In such a case, the system that could reach the FAA (Argentine Air Force) could be the F-16. Specifically, according to the offer that the US has already made to Argentina, it would be the F-16A/B MLU that the Danish Air Force operates today.

Talking about ws-13, you are correct again. As far as I have had the opportunity to access information from official sources, FAA personnel have received details on the JF-17 (most of which have been provided on the visit to China and Pakistan), have evaluated it and also is thoroughly investigating the details regarding the WS-13 prior to placing an order for them. I know that conversations have been held with Chinese personnel, who have provided some information about WS-13, but I do not know exactly what version is being offered. As far as I understand, the WS-13 has between three and four versions, one of which appears to be called the WS-19. As you say, the choice of WS-13 has a lot to do with the fear of US sanctions, but it also has to do with the fact that Argentina does not want more vetoes from England in the acquisition of material for the FAA. You know what happened to the KC-390, the Gripen NG and more recently the FA-50.

Regarding the RD-93, I need to know about its TBO and its useful life, since the information that comes out of UEC does not correspond to what I have been able to read from sources in Pakistan. It would seem that the time between revisions has been prolonged and that its useful life is greater than 2,000 hours. If that progress has been made, it is not clear to me if it was achieved in Pakistan or if the improvements have been made by Klimov. On the other hand, the power of the engine seems to have changed, although I have read that the RD-93, unlike the RD-33 SRS 2, has an emergency mode similar to the one used in the RD-33K RD-33MK.

F16 A/B is inferior plane compared to JF17 Block II it also has many problems with maintenance cost and limitation on weapon's choices

Pakistan is now in JF17 Block III upgrade path which has no limitation in Weapon Choices and Abilities

Argentina should certainly focus to grow Airforce to at last 100 JF17 Thunders in order to maintain it's Natural Resources, the Developed world is eyeing the Argentine Resources

FYw19UnXwAATibk

FYWzkNMXwAIR7EV

Don't be surprised if China starts restricting JF-17 components specially AESA Radars.
Its the opposite, its PAF which is restricting the purchases so it could diversify. Someone informed on this forum that Pakistan received TOT and making own AESA radar combining the benefits of the various options offered by Chinese companies. This would allow Pakistan more flexibility in weapon integration as well as build capacity infrastructure. The said radar would make its way to production B3s once available and could be fitted modified/uprated for other platforms like future J-10s/Azm.

Its the opposite, its PAF which is restricting the purchases so it could diversify. Someone informed on this forum that Pakistan received TOT and making own AESA radar combining the benefits of the various options offered by Chinese companies. This would allow Pakistan more flexibility in weapon integration as well as build capacity infrastructure. The said radar would make its way to production B3s once available and could be fitted modified/uprated for other platforms like future J-10s/Azm.
You are wrong. PAF is restricting its purchases because the tajori is empty.

Back
Top Bottom