What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Every inference is based on facts, not on "intuitions".

Russian and Chinese engines options installed on J-10C are highly unreliable. Down time and turn around time is high.

Inducting J-10C is a waste of valuable financial resource.
What fact do u based on to come to conclusion Chinese engine are unreliable? Your ZDK-03 AWACS are running on Chinese engine, so as Z-9 helo. How many crashed?

PLAAF J-11B, J-11BH ,J-16 running on Chinese WS-10 engine so far has zero crashed compare to Su-30MKK, J-11A and J-10A ,all running on Russian AL-31F engine has crashed a few times.

20210120_093854.jpg

Jeff with CFT. Its an edited picture but still looks real enough

You need at least one hardpoint for fuel tank, which is indispensable for a light fighter if you want any semblance of range.
we usually see jf17 flying in standard missions with 2 SD10s, 2 fuel tanks and with nothing on central hardpoint, may be it should be hardwired for other purposes as well

- Rcs mentioned is totally wrong
- 93 series is solely for thunder, MA for blk 3.
- AVIC pic shows the final config/ production model
- pl-15 bvr, 10e is wvr
- some changes were incorporated
- HMDS is there but not shown
- klj-7 aesa but with undisclosed improvements
- EW/MAWS is quite sophisticated

MA is literally indistinguishable from baseline 93. Even the nozzle looks the same.l

View attachment 708527
i wonder whether PAF will consider using a BVR on center pylon since it is usually not used anyway during routine mission
gripen can hardwire 3 BVRs in enter pylon by moving the landing gear slightly towards the wing

It would require a redesign, at which point they would try to reduce the RCS as much as possible, and that would dictate how many missiles they would place on the centerline station. Something like the KFX; three stations on the centerline in a somewhat reduced RCS manner
1611121824131.jpeg

- Rcs mentioned is totally wrong
- 93 series is solely for thunder, MA for blk 3.
- AVIC pic shows the final config/ production model
- pl-15 bvr, 10e is wvr
- some changes were incorporated
- HMDS is there but not shown
- klj-7 aesa but with undisclosed improvements
- EW/MAWS is quite sophisticated

MA is literally indistinguishable from baseline 93. Even the nozzle looks the same.l
Pl10e I assume is HOBS so 9x will not be required. Nice to know MA is integrated but to what extent has thrust improved? Do we know/what changes are in AESA and is it confirmed to be GAN based?
Help appreciated
A

Pl10e I assume is HOBS so 9x will not be required. Nice to know MA is integrated but to what extent has thrust improved? Do we know/what changes are in AESA and is it confirmed to be GAN based?
Help appreciated
A
minimum 15%

Rd 93 is based upon MK series. Offical website states that all new version of rd33/93 will be based upon MK that was built 15 years ago

MK had dry thrust if 56

We have wet numbers of 93kn available for rd93ma. This means a thrust increase of 15% with better efficiency

Basically thunder will be able to add 15% in weight without penalty ..seeing rest of weight is largely unchanged (same dimensions) radar is GaN based and thus lighter. I would assume that this thrust can be used to increase internal fuel capacity..
We will truely know the specs when exported

It will be interesting if someone cana anaylse block3 pictures side by side to block2 to test my theory that fuel soace has increased by looking at green panels

View attachment 708530
Jeff with CFT. Its an edited picture but still looks real enough

Want to compete... for edited pictures.... But, this place will be turned into something to dump all the internet garbage by so-called analysts and future tellers.

1611144256504.png

1611144518962.png

1611145072318.png

But I call this a masterpiece back then...
1611144903209.png

however, even the fans presented nice models during a ceremony in AirChina Show 2018 (I think) which were quoted as some leaks and it took almost a month for us to contain the spread of such rumor on this forum alone.

1611145087652.png

1611145170853.png

1611145133183.png

But, I like this one from the past.....

1611145290485.png

Attachments

• 1611144290537.png
    1611144290537.png
    36.8 KB · Views: 34
Want to compete... for edited pictures.... But, this place will be turned into something to dump all the internet garbage by so-called analysts and future tellers.

View attachment 708625

View attachment 708628

View attachment 708630
View attachment 708629

however, even the fans presented nice models during a ceremony in AirChina Show 2018 (I think) which were quoted as some leaks and it took almost a month for us to contain the spread of such rumor on this forum alone.

View attachment 708631

View attachment 708634

View attachment 708633

View attachment 708635
Roger sir. That's why I wrote that it is edited

It will be interesting if someone cana anaylse block3 pictures side by side to block2 to test my theory that fuel soace has increased by looking at green panels

With the addition of Full FBW, we should also check if any changes have been made to the air brakes. This could end the need to have a parachute/drag chute, and thus creating room to put a dedicated jamming pod in the tail.

This would allow every fighter to have a self protection jammer at all times and not take up a pylon.

similar to the setup on the Rafale
1611146753001.jpeg

Does anyone know how much (if any) weight block 3 is expected to shave off by switching from a hybrid to a full FBW?

Does anyone know how much (if any) weight block 3 is expected to shave off by switching from a hybrid to a full FBW?
Whatever weight benefit would have been would have more than taken up by the new AESA radar..

View attachment 708625

View attachment 708628

View attachment 708630
View attachment 708629

View attachment 708631

View attachment 708634

View attachment 708633

View attachment 708635

I found another one.
Screenshot 2021-01-21 at 5.29.16 PM.png

Back
Top Bottom