What's new

JF-17 at Zuhai Air Show 2010

@ 5.22 in above video..

JFT appears to cross sound bareer.. is it so?

jft-sound-bareer.jpg

just like
Image31.jpg

No dear, the aircraft is pulling into "ballistic" mode and the air is being tortured. Had the aircraft crossed the sound barrier, you would hear a sonic boom.

yes WJ is right super sonic cone appears all around the rare body.

f18-super-hornet-forms-a-ring-of-water-vapor-flying-at-200mph-below-the-speed-of-sound.jpg

That was a tight turn making a vapour cloud above the body not all around it.

boeing%20f%2018%20hyperspace_picnik.jpg

F16WithAfterburnerAndVapor.jpg

BlueAngelPullingVapor.jpg

Miramar07-D2_F-15_Strike_Eagle_02.jpg

good to see that on thunder

JFT appears to cross sound bareer ?

please check the answer on the previous page and dont ask this question again because people will bombard the thread wth atleast 20 odd pictures although 1 is enough to establish that sound barrior effect is different from what we see in the still and motion videos of JF-17

the short answer is no.

One picture would have sufficed..
Those vortices help increase lift at high AoA.. above 10 degrees..
but are useless supersonic..(shamelessly reproduced from a post a read sometime ago).

i agree!
thunder was good but wasn't as good as the f-16 in the video^^
infact that was one of the best f-16 demo i've ever seen!

well i was disappointed a bit.........the pilot could've pulled couple of sharp manuevers...and not to mention the rolls were quite lousy.
but nevertheless seeing it flying in the sky was great!

Suffice to mention that almost all the JF-17 videos posted were made by members of public stationed at one spot, and were filmed using nothing more than hand held cameras, hence the footage is sometimes shaky, blurred, out of focus and even accumulated in parts. Where as the video of say the F-16 is filmed by professional aviation camera men, positioned at various vantage points for best results from various angles using state of the art equipment.

Last edited:
my only question to seniors is that . . . . . . . . .

after watching all thoses videos where our JFT stands Against MIRAGE 2000 and LCA and MIG21 India has . . . . . .

is it lower in performane . . . . . .
equal . . . . . .
or
Better . . . . . . . .

if its equal or better than its enough for me because its just the bigning . . . . . . . .

:china::pakistan::china::pakistan::china:

Hi, Air Forces Monthly did mention that the PAF extensively flew and evaluated the L-15 trainer. It could be a lead in trainer for the FC-20. Also Pakistan was going to receive a small number of trainers from China, but it did not mention what type. Pakistan did recently receive its final shipment of glass cockpit K-8Ps recently, so it could have been alluding to the K-8P.

It was also mentioned that the PAF was going to develop a 2-seat trainer/attack version of the JF-17, but nothing has come of that lately. Take care.

If JFT had crossed sound barrier, the crowd below would be running all over the place (damaged ear drums likely). Sound of sonic boom at such close distance is unbearable for untrained ears! These vapor trails do show how efficient the plane is at such short turns and climbs. A treat for sure :)

dear friend dont be so down.

now say it with me... God bless windjammer and refer to his post 773 and 775 and watch the video and check out from 04:50 onwards

http://www.defence.pk/forums/jf-17-thunder/74163-jf-17-zuhai-air-show-2010-a-52.html#post1290870

if you still need the need check out the 775 post and check out at 02:18 and onwards

http://www.defence.pk/forums/jf-17-thunder/74163-jf-17-zuhai-air-show-2010-a-52.html#post1290904

now say Subhanallah

God bless... I had my doubts and thought I am just having to love it because it is our first and only creation but these videos were a feast to the eyes

now get your shoulders back up and smile for us :wave::wave:

:pakistan:

whayever u say sir!
but i didn't find what i was hoping in those videos....
but its just my opinion.

I can say with certainty that in dogfight regime, JFT will be a hard nut to crack, considering the air display.

whayever u say sir!
but i didn't find what i was hoping in those videos....
but its just my opinion.

dont expect cobra maneuvers of SU-30 or thrust vectoring of F22, because thats not going to happen
appart from that whatever you have seen an F-16 or Euro fighter doing just hold tight and wait till a professional high defination video comes out

having said that, for very valid reasons its full potential might never come on public display. nothing beats the agony of its potential adversaries where they have to keep guessing about its capabilities

dont expect cobra maneuvers of SU-30 or thrust vectoring of F22, because thats not going to happen
appart from that whatever you have seen an F-16 or Euro fighter doing just hold tight and wait till a professional high defination video comes out

having said that, for very valid reasons its full potential might never come on public display. nothing beats the agony of its potential adversaries where they have to keep guessing about its capabilities

all i wanted to see was a couple of "sharp" maneuvers, which i didn't see in any video...
but ofcourse i loved seeing it flying! and it was a very good performence over all!

Back
Top Bottom