What's new

JF-17 at Zuhai Air Show 2010

Nov. 17 (China Military News cited from Flightglobal.com and written by Greg Waldron) -- China is in discussions about selling the Chengdu Aircraft/pakistan Aeronautical Complex JF-17 Thunder fighter to up to eight countries.

The third-generation, single-engine fighter, which was jointly developed by pakistan and China, is being pitched as a replacement for several existing types. These include the RSK MiG-21, Dassault Mirage 5, Northrop F-5 and Chinese models, such as the Nanchang A-5 and Chengdu F-7.

"We're talking with six to eight countries about the JF-17," says Zeng Wen, vice-president of the China National Aero-Technology Import and Export Corporation (CATIC), which markets military aircraft overseas on behalf of the country's manufacturers. "It is a low cost solution for developing countries."

Zeng declines to specify which countries are considering the aircraft. Officers from several African air forces, however, were having discussions with CATIC officials at the company's chalet at Airshow China in Zhuhai. Other countries that could be keen include Egypt, Sri Lanka and Venezuela, all long-time customers for Chinese military aircraft.

pakistan, China's "50:50" partner in the project, is playing a big role in helping CATIC market the aircraft abroad, says Zeng. Three pakistan air force JF-17s, along with a number of other Pakistani aircraft, are in Zhuhai and a JF-17 participated in the flying display. There were also around 170 officials from the service at the show.

Why are they sad and thier hands parking position shall be the back of beauty rather than their own backs and closer on cheeks reflecting some warm relationship of Pak-China!

And what's up with their fitness?

I guess non of them is pilot, i guess they are technicians/engineers.

Scared of their wives looking at this photo:lol:

plaff woman pilot and paf pilots

30170c98428ff205c1b70f5ef93f1de0.jpg

They are PAF technicians

Hi, these articles contain interesting details about ramping up JF-17 prodution, no requirement for western avionics or arnaments (yeah!), and the SD-10 as the primary JF-17 BVR weapon. It also mentions the potential purchase of the HQ-18. Enjoy!

Pakistan seeks closer military ties with China

Pakistan inks deal for Chinese missiles - GlobalTimes

That mean end all hopes of western avionics/missiles for PAF. Thanks to our economic situation, international politics and our corruption

Hi Mr. Zeee. I personally believe this is a very positive development. Buying western equipment puts the PAF and its sister services at the mercy of sanctions. China is more reliable. Yes, Pakistan is very corrupt and it is in a sad state economically right now. As such, given these current constraints, this reinforces this as the best option.

Moreover, this will give the PAF the ability to bring this technology in house. There is no way that France or any other western country would sell the complete technology required to build a BVR AAM, or build an AESA radar, or a turbofan engine to Pakistan. My personal opinion is that this is a very good development. Take care.

Last edited:
Perhaps one of mod.'s could answer this :
What I have noticed from comparing the pictures from Farnborough ( and other pics of Thunder) and now is that the afterburner has a "Red cone" ( seen in modern western engines) which I have never seen before.. ? did they "soup" up the engine ??
:pakistan::china:

I believe that red cone is the cover for the engine exhaust, so that nothing goes inside the engine while its parked.

Great news that all 250 fighters will be equipped with Chinese avionics... I am certain now that Chinese AESA for JF17 is around the corner along with new powerful engine

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom