What's new

JF-17 and Israel.

i wonder why they would be worrying about jf-17 when they have much potent aircrafts in their arsenal to encounter .....in lights of f-16 sufa's , f-15s and soon going to have f-35s

why we always create hype or make jf-17 look like something out of this world ......its still a 4th generation aircraft .... the only potential customer in the isralei enemy circle would have been egypt ...but to be honest with the current mess egypt is in ....it seems near to impossible that there will be any acquisition soon.....

if u ask me just a useless thread...

What about the JF-17 deal to Saudia :(

why wud ur airforce need this aircraft anyway? ur guys have enough bucks to buy the best from around the world...u guys already are purchasing tyhpoons and f-15s .....i dun think its gonna fulfill ur any purpose .....yes less reliance on the west can be one justification but still i dun thnk there will be any interest from ur side.....for me al-khalid tank was a more realistic purchase but ur guys didnt go for it either ...may be the name of the seller is more imp than the product itself in this case

I have been hearing news that they r very much interested to know abt this A/c specially its electronics package and other secrets.

Is that true and why?

I highly doubt an nation with an AF with such advanced airborne electronic systems would be at all interested in the JF-17. Perhaps they are interested in its flight performance and the like. The Thunder isn't even marketed as a particularly advanced fighter but as a low cost product that is better than a F-7 or Mig-21. By official admission the avionics particularly the radar on board are pretty poor especially when you compare it to Western/modern fighters.

Hey bro,

I worked for the SANG last semester, and I saw them conducting tests on them :), I believe they had recieved a bunch of Al-Khalid few years ago.

And I quote

The Saudi Arabian Army began conducting trials of the Al-Khalid's desert performance in April 2006, after expressing interest in purchasing a batch of the tanks 2 years earlier. However, no order for the tank was placed despite the symbolic naming of the tank after Khalid ibn al-Walid.

As for the JF-17, There had been some speculations that since KSA upgraded its National Saudi Guard from a presidency to a ministry, the SANG may build its own Airforce bro, which means there is a HUGE room to host the JF-17s.

why wud ur airforce need this aircraft anyway? ur guys have enough bucks to buy the best from around the world...u guys already are purchasing tyhpoons and f-15s .....i dun think its gonna fulfill ur any purpose .....yes less reliance on the west can be one justification but still i dun thnk there will be any interest from ur side.....for me al-khalid tank was a more realistic purchase but ur guys didnt go for it either ...may be the name of the seller is more imp than the product itself in this case

Thanks for the poor attitude bro!

Pakistan has finally found a worthy and reliable customer for JF-17.
Long live Pakistan and Israel Alliance:yahoo:
This is not about sale of the JF-17 to Israel. As has been brought out by Alibaz and Umair, they would like to know its 'secrets' including its avionics, communication frequencies and nav systems, as the aircraft may be sold to its adversaries in the Middle East. They would need to develop electronic counter measures and study the aircraft's capabilities in order to be prepared in case of a conflict.

This is not about sale of the JF-17 to Israel. As has been brought out by Alibaz and Umair, they would like to know its 'secrets' including its avionics, communication frequencies and nav systems, as the aircraft may be sold to its adversaries in the Middle East. They would need to develop electronic counter measures and study the aircraft's capabilities in order to be prepared in case of a conflict.

Damn you are ruining it:cry:

already told ya -- they are researching on it -- some slight upgrades to the Block-I -- such as radar modification,mid air refeulling,avionics,EW suite etc -- it takes time ---! now i won't want to instigate trolling here --- you better take care of your suppa duppa 'home grown' LCA --- it's already 2013 :D

oh wait --- what non-sense im talking --- JFT was never built to be compared to LCA or to compete with LCA --- By the time LCA takes Final operational clearance -- JFT will be way ahead!

anyways indians don't look good using timeline argument -- do you? :D

Oh you guys are so predictable!! Now IF the LCA was going to be the mainstay fighter of the Indian Air Firce within the next decade THEN Indians have a right to be scared out of their minds. HOWEVER that is NOT the case, within the next decade they are ging to get new,upgraded, MKIs, Rafales, FGFAs not to mention upgrades to their M2K and MIG-29 fleets.

As such any JF-17 vs LCA comparsion wrt their significane to their respective air forces is very skewed and unfair to both projects. It is a common tactic used to paint over any failings in the Thunder but it's pretty transparent what the intent is.

It will be interesting to see where both projects are in,say, 5 years time when both projects have their BLK.2/Mk.2 versions out as this, apparently, is what both AFs truly want. I would say, and this is just my opinion, that the LCA will be ahead at this point and by some margin purely because of the Western design philosophy and is set to incorporate many advanced Indian and Western tech.

But we will see....

First of all the thread is based on some hear and say..... even if we believe what op said may be Israel want to know how good or how bad the aircraft is.... Its always good to know your enemy/likely enemy better.....

Would you cite this official admission.

I'm sorry sir, I can't remebe where I read this. I could be way off he mark but the last I heard the PAF were quite dissatisfied with the radar on the Thunder.

1) It may be just a rumour.
2) They may see it as a potential choice for their Arab adversaries and would thus like to know of it's capabilities.
3) They may want to offer tech for the platform to Pakistan and any subsequent buyers.

I think these are the most plausible theories.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom