What's new

JF-17 Also Part of PAF Aggressor Squadron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although it's generally believed that the PAF Aggressor squadron only fields F-16 Fighter Aircraft, however i can confirm that this unit also has JF-17s on strength which actively took part in operation ''Swift Retort''.

21369144_10155644235684919_4053110858551891101_n-jpg.423984

56474572_1745812928852502_7035078318277787648_n.jpg

72565408_1373462122829180_5986065494333980672_n-jpg.585156
Great pics. But no JF-17s fly with Aggressors. Vipers only. PAF has not had a mixed squadron type since A-5s and FT-6s.

@airomerix contributes very well to the forum however for any misguided content, his corrections are more valuable than misleading information.

Last edited:
:rofl:

Is it normal for your airforce to have plastic patches or is it just when making propaganda pieces?
Oh dear looks like a facist hasn't picked up a nonfacist history book that teaches him about history. Son before making yourself look like a fool go read a history book, of your country has any nonfacist, history books left. That is

WE WUZ arabs and shieeet
Then
WE WUZ central asian and shieet
Now
WE WUZ spartans and sheeit
We WUZ a mix of all of those mentioned. Have a problem?

I say execute all these pilots and officers for kufr.
Shirk
Is that sarcasm or are you for real

Dude it's just a Spartan badge because Spartans were bad *** ,
Oh if only you knew who the Spartans really were. I do agree with you tho...they dis have a bad as from all that arse ducking.

You guys are being way to serious on these patches being Greek. In fact a lot of modern science, Astrology, medicine and other Worldly affairs use Greek symbols and mythology. Are you guys going to start burning books and refuse to gain knowledge cause it has Greek stuff in it?
I mean they forget that all of Pakistan from the west of the indus was Greco bactria. A local Greek empire.

Honorable Pakktoon yum,

Both the modern-day Afghanistan & Pakistan have had significant Greek influence because of the Indo Greeks who ruled Afghanistan & major part of Pakistan for nearly two centuries with Bigram & Charsadda as their major cities. Archaeological digs at Barikot & Mingora (Swat) show a very strong Greek influence, in fact, what we know today as 'Gandhara Art' clearly resulted through a mixture of the Greek & local civilizations. Additionally, Hakims still rely on 'Unani tib' where some of the medicines still carry Greek names such as 'Jawarish Jalinoos' named after the Greek physician Galen.

Problem is that since the rise of Wahhabis during the bigot Zia regime, some of us have started believing
that our history only started with Mohammed bin Qasim as if the whole area was barren place and no one lived in Pakistan before 712 AD.

Spartans were the most accomplished warriors of the ancient Greece, who would die but would not run away, whereas the only ancient Bactrian I know of is ‘Roxana’ the princes (Daughter of the Bactrian chief Oxyartes) who became Alexander’s wife.

PAF has squadrons named after mythical creatures such as ‘Griffins’, why not Spartan?
Can someone give him a postive rating. @WebMaster @HRK @waz

In the spirit of vetting, how authentic is this photo as posted by the OP ? Can a jet really fly that close to the troops while firing cannons ?

View attachment 586384
Lol....Rat flocking on the ship......after getting humilated on that URDU thread, one expected you to have some shame but then if that was the case why would you be hiding behind a fake ID.
Now let me once again try to knock some sense into you......the image you keep digging up to make your self worthy is not my creation but was released by the ISPR. :lol:

Says the kid who thinks he can 'corner' others based on his years of service.

LOL.

You have repeatedly failed to address the topic and resorted to personal attacks. This says alot about your credibility.

Next time remember this. Whatever you post. Will be vetted. And will be called out if found out incorrect.

With this bombshell.

You're dismissed.

Make sure you give yourself a good night kiss.

This thread just turned south a couple of posts ago, ain't no fun to watch two grownups fight like girls. Banday ban jao dono

Great pics. But no JF-17s fly with Aggressors. Vipers only. PAF has not had a mixed squadron type since A-5s and FT-6s.

@airomerix contributes very well to the forum from any misguided content, hence his corrections are more valuable than misleading information.
They very much did on 27th Feburary......but then if one wants to score brownies, then no point in arguing.

In the spirit of vetting, how authentic is this photo as posted by the OP ? Can a jet really fly that close to the troops while firing cannons ?

View attachment 586384

During strafing the minimum height on the final heading is 200 ft.

Hence, by all means, this picture is photoshopped.

@airomerix contributes very well to the forum from any misguided content, hence his corrections are more valuable than misleading information.

Thanks @Knuckles

I know sometimes people find it necessary to exaggerate the information to further the discussion but it should never happen at the expense of the facts.

EDIT: As for his claim of JF-17s 'Aik din 29th Sqn k sath" episode on 27th feb is just another futile attempt to save face. The JF-17s which took part in Op Swift Retort belonged to 14 squadron. A couple of airframes belonged to 16 squadron but the pilots very much belonged to 14 sqn.

The entire involvement of JF-17 units in op. swift retort.

By looking the first two posts of this thread, it seems that Aggressor TDS has been confused with No 29 Squadron which is also known as Aggressor. This is just my understanding of subject and nothing more so I can be wrong here too. Would be happy to be corrected. The reason i deduced this conclusion is that" 1st Aggressors of PAF" line on the patch shared in first post of the thread while Patch of 29 Squadron has nothing like that. It seems a generation of pilots is being trained as aggressors at newely established TDS while more will follow after it while No. 29 will be like it is. So, in first case, TDS includes all sorts of aircraft F-16/JF-17 may be Mirages as well trained as Aggressors in their job (just like Strike Corps in army) while No. 29 is dedicated F-16 Squadron named Aggressor.

It also makes a sense in context of 27/2. After IAF attack on 26th, we did a sort of AGGRESSION on next day and F-16, Thunders and Mirages were all part of it. TDS was developed more than couple of years earlier than Op Swift Retort which also points to this possibility making @Windjammer 's assertion correct to an extent while completely vindicating @airomerix 's point of view.

Last edited:
Is it normal for your airforce to have plastic patches or is it just when making propaganda pieces?
Why not Ask your home boy Abinonedone or the pilots of Mighty SU-30 who's rear you pulled out that AMRAAM of ours whether it was all propaganda or not?

By looking the first two posts of this thread, it seems that Aggressor TDS has been confused with No 29 Squadron which is also known as Aggressor. This is just my understanding of subject and nothing more so I can be wrong here too. Would be happy to be corrected. The reason i deduced this conclusion is that" 1st Aggressors of PAF" line on the patch shared in first post of the thread while Patch of 29 Squadron has nothing like that. It seems a generation of pilots is being trained as aggressors at newely established TDS while more will follow after it while No. 29 will be like it is. So, in first case, TDS includes all sorts of aircraft F-16/JF-17 may be Mirages as well trained as Aggressors in their job (just like Strike Corps in army) while No. 29 is dedicated F-16 Squadron named Aggressor.

It also makes a sense in context of 27/2. After IAF attack on 26th, we did a sort of AGGRESSION on next day and F-16, Thunders and Mirages were all part of it. TDS was developed more than couple of years earlier than Op Swift Retort which also points to this possibility making @Windjammer 's assertion correct to an extent while completely vindicating @airomerix 's point of view.

You are correct in your analysis. This is somewhat how we operate.

The confusion part is true reason being we see a misplaced picture of a 29 Sqn viper tail in the OP's post. Also OP has tried to establish a link between a thunder pilot wearing TDS patch with Thunders in the background followed by a 29 sqn Agressor tail photo.

As I have repeatedly said. These are two different squadrons. Just like Sherdils aerobatics team and Sherdil squadron based at Bholari.

No. 29 Squadron brings the top notch pilots from 5, 9 and 11 to carry out missions of a particular kind. The kind is classified.

While TDS is a school which innovates the tactics which pilots use in light of the modern capabilities introduced in the PAF eg. BVR's, ASMs etc.

As far as Op Swift Retrot goes. Again, the JF-17s which participated had nothing to do with TDS. The pilots who flew 14 sqn jets might have attended a few courses at TDS. Otherwise there we have no record of even CCS JF-17s taking part let alone aggressor marked JF-17s (which dont exist).

I cant believe we have a thread running due to mass confusion.

During strafing the minimum height on the final heading is 200 ft.

Hence, by all means, this picture is photoshopped.

Thanks @Knuckles

I know sometimes people find it necessary to exaggerate the information to further the discussion but it should never happen at the expense of the facts.

EDIT: As for his claim of JF-17s 'Aik din 29th Sqn k sath" episode on 27th feb is just another futile attempt to save face. The JF-17s which took part in Op Swift Retort belonged to 14 squadron. A couple of airframes belonged to 16 squadron but the pilots very much belonged to 14 sqn.

The entire involvement of JF-17 units in op. swift retort.

Without siding with one or another in this debate/fight I say this much, the ranking here based on posts means absolutely jack all. Therefore, I agree up to that point nobody should take the stated ranks to their hearts. They are just proof that you can throw up lot of twaddle, together perhaps with some good stuff too.
I joined 2011 and in 8 years my post count has just barely reached 2000. I think I contribute enough, at least in recent months.
When I joined back in 2011, I posted few times before realising the same that the stated ranks on their nick has gone to the hearts, and more importantly to their heads of some members. This doesn't mean as disrespect to @Windjammer or any other member here.
I am just stating what I some time feel in case of some members here, not applicable universally.
By the way, I want to learn from @Imran Khan school of thought. How to reach 50,000 posts in quick time!!
This geezer joined in 2007 merely 5 years before me but have notched up close to 50,000 posts. way to go my friend. Any time soon by 3019 I will catch up on you, Inshallah :azn:

Without siding with one or another in this debate/fight I say this much, the ranking here based on posts means absolutely jack all. Therefore, I agree up to that point nobody should take the stated ranks to their hearts. They are just proof that you can throw up lot of twaddle, together perhaps with some good stuff too.
I joined 2011 and in 8 years my post count has just barely reached 2000. I think I contribute enough, at least in recent months.
When I joined back in 2011, I posted few times before realising the same that the stated ranks on their nick has gone to the hearts, and more importantly to their heads of some members. This doesn't mean as disrespect to @Windjammer or any other member here.
I am just stating what I some time feel in case of some members here, not applicable universally.
By the way, I want to learn from @Imran Khan school of thought. How to reach 50,000 posts in quick time!!
This geezer joined in 2007 merely 5 years before me but have notched up close to 50,000 posts. way to go my friend. Any time soon by 3019 I will catch up on you, Inshallah :azn:

Absolutely true.

I joined pakistanidefenseforum.com in 2005. Lost my account after some 5000 posts or something. The site was taken down i think.

Frequently browsed this site as a guest. Until I saw people saying stuff which made no sense and was far from truth. That is when I decided to make an account here. And thats all I do. Seldom post to filter out misinformation and answer a few questions which otherwise no one can answer without direct input from the Air Force itself.

Absolutely true.

I joined pakistanidefenseforum.com in 2005. Lost my account after some 5000 posts or something. The site was taken down i think.

Frequently browsed this site as a guest. Until I saw people saying stuff which made no sense and was far from truth. That is when I decided to make an account here. And thats all I do. Seldom post to filter out misinformation and answer a few questions which otherwise no one can answer without direct input from the Air Force itself.

Let me tell you one secret. I am probably among very few people here, who can reach the "highest" people in PA with a very very short notice. But I have never used my connections to post on this forum. I am sure my connections are doing a great job saving Pakistan from the enemies. They are their in case we need them in emergency in bad world of Pakistani politics. Otherwise, let them carry on their fantastic work.
Despite that I still criticise PA if they do something wrong, to be objective.

They very much did on 27th Feburary......but then if one wants to score brownies, then no point in arguing.

Stop it windy and move on, there are no JF.17's in 29 squadron. Not sure from where you got this information.

Oh my god, really shocking to see an aspiring Moderator like Windjammer do things like this ! Why , @Windjammer ?

Now I am beginning to think that even this post by him could be photoshopped ....!

View attachment 586425
Yes it's photoshopped, both the pilots would get grounded for flying that low if this pic was for real.

I mean they forget that all of Pakistan from the west of the indus was Greco bactria. A local Greek empire.

There is absolutely no doubt that Pakistan and A-Stan was actually the Greek Kingdom Greco-Bactrian. This area and its citizens were literally Greek. But hey, there are idiots who do not want to look at historic facts. And not only that, there is deliberate pathetic propaganda by the Tree Monkeys from the East trying to wash away the historical roots of Pakistan. There are deliberate efforts by vested powers to hide the real DNA ancestry of the people of Pakistan. Also, I am surprised Pakistan and Greece do not have more ties. Pakistan is almost a 2nd Greece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom