What's new

JF-17 Also Part of PAF Aggressor Squadron

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the call sign for jf17 aggressor is spartan why are f16s on the badge???
All the patches are not official hence they have some descrepencies....like i don't think S/L Hassan belongs to Griffins unit or the JF-17 fired any SD-10s on the D Day.

hassan-jpg.578430

aa91ef1f-b6b9-4370-ab1c-c46e1c08b654-jpeg.581033

Who told you that?

No.29 Squadron Aggressors is only equipped with F-16s. They come under the umbrella of ACES.

The JF-17s stationed at Mushaf belong to a CCS squadron only.

Also just to add.

This particular patch DOES NOT belong to 29 Squadron Aggressors. This patch belongs to Tactics Development School (TDS) which falls under the umbrella of ACES.

29 squadron has different patches. I think only two have come out till now. Saw some guys wearing them around.

Hence the connection of this particular patch with 29 squadron is not only unfounded but wrong.

Do some home work.....specially on operation swift retort before making a bold statement.

You can celebrate your own heroes on such badges. If you too woudn't... who else will.

So you expect someone else celebrate our own heroes, what are you trying say

You are saying my words. Celebrate your heroes. If you wouldn't, who else will (If you too wouldn't celebrate them, no one is going to do it otherwise). Got it?

Needs more explanation? How much Greek heritage, what historical context, that we are putting Sparta on patches?

I say execute all these pilots and officers for kufr.
Shirk
Sparta, is collection of islands which covers southern greece and western turkey.. present day its only in greece.. turkey ruled greece for 200 plus years.. so whats the beef, just a patch of bravery .. stop creating fuss on trivial things, like a mullah will do

You guys are being way to serious on these patches being Greek. In fact a lot of modern science, Astrology, medicine and other Worldly affairs use Greek symbols and mythology. Are you guys going to start burning books and refuse to gain knowledge cause it has Greek stuff in it?

Sparta, is collection of islands which covers southern greece and western turkey.. present day its only in greece.. turkey ruled greece for 200 plus years.. so whats the beef, just a patch of bravery .. stop creating fuss on trivial things, like a mullah will do
@Oscar and Mullah......ram.....ram
He said that in a light hearted way.

....like i don't think S/L Hassan belongs to Griffins...
@Windjammer
Is it possible that because Sqn Ldr. Hasan Siddiqui is part of CCS, he can fly F-16's from any Squadron?

I'm asking 'cause a couple of years back when he was interviewed for a special - he had been flying the Sherdil's 14-732.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Photo-1342.jpg

Then another patch came out after the events of 27th Feb. which shows two No. 11 (Arrows) F-16's were involved in the mission.

0DDF1286-F460-4ED0-B795-9A48F8A51B70.jpeg

If that may suggest something - would mean that as part of CCS, the man can fly any F-16 for either squadron.

To equate Pakistan's genetic ancestry with the ancient Spartans is a mockery. I assume you have to be joking here. never mind the fact that SOME Pakistanis might have Greek-Macedonian DNA in their blood, it is a stretch to justify use of Spartan logos with our "greek ancestry." That's the kind of stuff one can expect from Indians. A more logical reason is that (historical accuracy notwithstanding), the Spartans have become a for warriors everywhere. The US military, for instance, is replete with Spartan symbols. Delta Force's A squadron even has Molon Labe (Come and get them) as its slogan. The point is, Spartans are an easily recognisable symbol of soldiery and courage against insurmountable odds, but thank you for your statement, I really needed a laugh today.
I'm serious but not abt the spartan thing. It should've been a bactiran solider but PAF can't get anything right.
Screenshot_20191027-112142_Samsung Internet.jpg

Needs more explanation? How much Greek heritage, what historical context, that we are putting Sparta on patches?
Bactria, putting spartan is wrong though. Greeks were separated in different tribes and the Spartans arent the tribe associated with Pakistan. It was the Bactrians that are.

I'm serious but not abt the spartan thing. It should've been a bactiran solider but PAF can't get anything right.View attachment 586332

Bactria, putting spartan is wrong though. Greeks were separated in different tribes and the Spartans arent the tribe associated with Pakistan. It was the Bactrians that are.
But yelling out Sparta!!! seems so much more fun

I'm serious but not abt the spartan thing. It should've been a bactiran solider but PAF can't get anything right.View attachment 586332

Honorable Pakktoon yum,

Both the modern-day Afghanistan & Pakistan have had significant Greek influence because of the Indo Greeks who ruled Afghanistan & major part of Pakistan for nearly two centuries with Bagram & Charsadda as their major cities. Archaeological digs at Barikot & Mingora (Swat) show a very strong Greek influence, in fact, what we know today as 'Gandhara Art' clearly resulted through a mixture of the Greek & local civilizations. Additionally, Hakims still rely on 'Unani tib' where some of the medicines still carry Greek names such as 'Jawarish Jalinoos' named after the Greek physician Galen.

Problem is that since the rise of Wahhabis during the bigot Zia regime, some of us have started believing
that our history only started with Mohammed bin Qasim as if the whole area was barren place and no one lived in Pakistan before 712 AD.

Spartans were the most accomplished warriors of the ancient Greece, who would die but would not run away, whereas the only ancient Bactrian I know of is ‘Roxana’ the princes (Daughter of the Bactrian chief Oxyartes) who became Alexander’s wife.

PAF has squadrons named after mythical creatures such as ‘Griffins’, why not Spartan?

Last edited:
Do some home work.....specially on operation swift retort before making a bold statement.

This is your best defence? Really?

@The Eagle @Mods

This is another example of misinformation by this member. I fail to understand why does he have to come up with something so odd after every couple of days. My best guess is to keep his engagement with the forum active. But on what cost?

@Windjammer

It is clear that your connections with the Air Force are unreliable. You're good at digging or copying pictures from here and there along with maintaining a database to come up with them for future references but the originality of your content is not qualitative at all. To worse things off. You have no desire to learn, fact check or even respect the integrity of this forum. Multiple threads on this forum had to be locked or renamed because you came up with something which was not true or nearly the case.

@Topic:

TDS and 29 Squadron have nothing in common. Except TDS is a sub institution of ACES which has a significant focus on the theoretical side air combat. Pilots of JF-17, F-16s, F-7s and Mirages have attended this school as part of their routine course work.

As far as No. 29 squadron is concerned. It has a mix of F-16 AMs/BMs only. Operation swift retort have nothing to do with inter squadron transfers or what the hell OP is referring to.

The guy in the picture wearing TDS patch is OC 2 squadron. He is one of the first students of TDS.

This thread is misinformation. And it needs to shut down. No JF-17s are in No.29 Squadron. Period

Last edited by a moderator:
This is your best defence? Really?

@The Eagle @Mods

This is another example of misinformation by this member. I fail to understand why does he have to come up with something so odd after every couple of days. My best guess is to keep his engagement with the forum active. But on what cost?

@Windjammer

It is clear that your connections with the Air Force are unreliable. You're good at digging or copying pictures from here and there along with maintaining a database to come up with them for future references but the originality of your content is not qualitative at all. To worse things off. You have no desire to learn, fact check or even respect the integrity of this forum. Multiple threads on this forum had to be locked or renamed because you came up with something which was not true or nearly the case.

@Topic:

TDS and 29 Squadron have nothing in common. Except TDS is a sub institution of ACES which has a significant focus on the theoretical side air combat. Pilots of JF-17, F-16s, F-7s and Mirages have attended this school as part of their routine course work.

As far as No. 29 squadron is concerned. It has a mix of F-16 AMs/BMs only. Operation swift retort have nothing to do with inter squadron transfers or what the hell OP is referring to.

The guy in the picture wearing TDS patch is OC 2 squadron. He is one of the first students of TDS.

This thread is misinformation. And it needs to shut down. No JF-17s are in No.29 Squadron. Period

You are no body or in no position to judge me or my contents.
I have been on this forum long enough to put you in your corner.
I don't need any Tom Dick and Harry to tell me my standing here,
You don't have the slightest idea to the phyche of my post or thread but habitually you are just being a smart Alec.
First acquire some comprehension abilities to the subject before acting like some self proclaimed judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom