What's new

Jet, Set, Go: Army Man ‘Packs’ a Punch to Tackle Siachen like Disaster

This is protective gear for skiers to avoid head injury but the avalanche that hit our army man hit the whole camp with 30 feet snow, who most of them would in the wind shield tent at that time.

Rule of thumb, respect Nature, and give path to the Bigger ones instead of facing.

Nope. An flowing avalanche is just like a River. The "balloon" will ensure that the person will "Float" to the top of the snow and will not be buried when the avalanche stops.

The head injury is just an added benefit.

It makes a huge difference weather you are buried at the bottom of 30 feet of snow or at the top of the snow from where you can dig yourself out.

WRT all the discussions, just keep trying. Where there is will there is a way!!

The loss in Indian side have been brought from 100 per year to 10, with better gears, tents, equipment's but what is needed is not only DRDO to create such gears, Special nutrition, equipment, tents, clothing or the Special mountaineering skill development prior to the deployment but a specialized institution to study these natural calamities, and provide tactics to avoid standing in the path of such nature.

I disagree to the red part mate! This is essential as well as proper logistics to re-supply those men.
It should be procured period! Import the whole kit and fund a couple helos to bring it to or near them.
Forget DRDO as they work and only buy finished products from them. When they have the full line
that you need, stop the imports! All nations skimp on equipment and it is always sad but for those of
their forces that risk the most, for the equipment that saves lives, it's unacceptable!

I know it's additional spending for a while to choose that route and possibly hard to sell to a poor public
but those men are there to safeguard and represent the nation as sovereign. Built them a giant fort &
an ultra long cable car if you have to.

R.I.P. again BTW, Tay.

I disagree to the red part mate! This is essential as well as proper logistics to re-supply those men.
It should be procured period! Import the whole kit and fund a couple helos to bring it to or near them.
Forget DRDO as they work and only buy finished products from them. When they have the full line
that you need, stop the imports! All nations skimp on equipment and it is always sad but for those of
their forces that risk the most, for the equipment that saves lives, it's unacceptable!

I know it's additional spending for a while to choose that route and possibly hard to sell to a poor public
but those men are there to safeguard and represent the nation as sovereign. Built them a giant fort &
an ultra long cable car if you have to.

R.I.P. again BTW, Tay.

Tay that red part was misunderstood. You are right the best equipment from any where, because safety is the first, but actually I was referring to the DRDO making gears for such terrain for our soldiers which it did like Shoes for the soldiers in mountains. There is something else which is called the local requirement, and local support because the army cannot asked for the foriegn OEM to make certain things for them, say a simple solution for their special requirement in small numbers, because they will only do that if asked in quantity.

E.g a small post 150 KM away in remote area from the closest city have the requirement of 2Lt of Milk daily, who is going to supply that 2 L of milk daily at the market cost by any local vendor. another example the special Pataka head gear or Helmet you can see for SPF in Kashmir, been developed with the inputs from the soldiers who actually uses them, and is popular due to less wt, cumbersome, and could hold 9mm bullet from close shot and 7.2 mm AK47 bullet from medium to long range well.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom