What's new

Jet Engine Supply Contract for LCA MK-1A signed, F-414 to be Made in India for LCA-AF-MK2.

Black Tornado

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India

No trolling here for that “indigenous” stuff, please.

recently HAL stated that first MK2 won't be ready till 2027

These engine are for MK1a i think

Make in india is slogan nothing in it reality fact is no one want to tot with india because they r also a copy cat country

It is a milky cow which west now want to milk more than their opponent russia

If India wants to be a global power, then it needs to make its own engine
Make in india is slogan nothing in it reality fact is no one want to tot with india because they r also a copy cat country

It is a milky cow which west now want to milk more than their opponent russia
Don't underestimate your enemy bro...
Big Push For Make In India: 63 Of The 83 Newly Ordered Tejas Mk-1A Fighter Jets To Boast Of Indigenously Developed Uttam AESA Radars (swarajyamag.com)

Yes

They are meant for the 83 Tejas MK1As
( 73 single seat and 10 twin seat) which were ordered in Feb 2021

Tejas MK2 will be powered by GEF414 engine which produces 98kn thrust

Compared the MK1/MK1A which use GE404 engines with 83KN thrust

Saying made in India is a misleading statement, this is just a journalist ( who dont understand the detail) or politician words ( to get political score ).

Same like Turkish always said F 110 engine is made in Turkey. It is just assembled in Turkey and few components (non critical ones) comes from Turkey industry, It is why Turkey is still having difficulties even to make engine for their cruise missile (which is still using Ukrainan engine)

Yup the order is for F 404 as the F 414 is still in the form of planning as India tries to make their industry involve in making the engine (their hope and proposal).

Back
Top Bottom