What's new

JCO Killed in Sniper Fire in Nowgam sector of Kashmir

PS: This is third Indian casualty in the same sector due to sniper fire in past one month.

And they are sure the sniper is sitting in Pakistan?

What distance was he shot from?

I think we can expect the border meeting to be cancelled with this

PS: This is third Indian casualty in the same sector due to sniper fire in past one month.
why sniper fire? how can we be curtain?
those who know Indian army they will know that the army is very disciplined and strictly follows the SOPs in safety and concealment. it is our men who get snipped due to misplaced bravery or lax attitude.

whatever the circumstances my respect for the fallen soldier. if it had happened in Sialkot sector then one could have said it was justified due to the killing of Pakistani villagers who died in their homes from Indian mortar shelling.

without declaring hostilities, I despise the practice of sniping. because it is premeditated and intentional whereas other fire is not preplanned

Last edited:
Don't know. Anyways Indian media is saying its another sniper fire. They get news within minutes from LOC.
must have made this up to stir up hatred. one would argue what is a difference in death from a sniper fire from any other fire like from MG or rifle / mortar etc.? the difference is that first one can be done even when the enemy is not provoking you, snipers sometimes infiltrate into no mans-land

R.I.P. Brave Soldier

who knows what change your martyrdom may bring !!!!

As the NSA level talks are cancelled india should respond atleast now . RIP to the brave soilder

must have made this up to stir up hatred. one would argue what is a difference in death from a sniper fire from any other fire like from MG or rifle / mortar etc.? the difference is that first one can be done even when the enemy is not provoking you, snipers sometimes infiltrate into no mans-land
Exactly, when so much cross fire is taking place between the two sides, how can the IA distinguish the difference between exchange of fire or sniper shot, unless off course the dead soldier was involved in some activity that he had to be targetted.
SRINAGAR/NEW DELHI: A junior commissioned officer (JCO) of Army was killed on Tuesday in cross-LoC firing by Pakistani troops in Kupwara district of Kashmir.

The JCO was hit by a Pakistani sniper near the LoC in Nowgam sector and later succumbed to injuries, an Army spokesman said in Srinagar.

He said Pakistan troops resorted to firing on forward positions in the sector around 1300 hours, violating the ceasefire once again.

Back
Top Bottom