What's new

Jayalalitha demands Tamil be made an official language in India

Gibbs

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Whoa!! Now this is a shit load of demands.. :lol:

Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Tuesday took up a host of crucial issues relating to Tamil Nadu including declaration of Tamil as an official language with Prime Minister Narendra Modi and sought his prompt and positive response on them.

Charging that Tamil Nadu was systematically ignored and discriminated by the previous UPA regime at the Centre, the Chief Minister told Modi that she was looking forward to that trend completely changing under his guidance.

The key issues the Chief Minister brought to the table include inter-State river water sharing, including the Cauvery and Mullaiperiyar, Sri Lankan Tamils, restoration of the traditional fishing rights of Tamil Nadu fishermen, harassment of TN fishermen by the Sri Lankan navy infrastructure and declaration of Tamil as an official language.

The 25-point memorandum which runs to 65 pages seeks the Centre’s help on some key issues concerning Tamil Nadu including moving a resolution in the UN calling for a probe into genocide of Tamils during the final phase of war in Sri Lanka, besides holding a referendum for a separate Tamil Eelam.

Jayalalithaa also urged the Centre to immediately nominate its representative from the Central Water Commission in the committee to supervise the raising of water level to 142 ft in the Mullaiperiyar dam.

“The supervisory committee should be in position before the onset of the South West Monsoon so that the order enabling Tamil Nadu to store water in the dam up to 142 feet can be implemented immediately,” the Chief Minister said in the memorandum presented to Modi.

Jayalalithaa also urged Modi to form the Cauvery Management Board and the Cauvery Water Regulation Committee urgently for the implementation of the final order of the Cauvery Water Disputes Tribunal.

She also stated that a special committee for interlinking of rivers should be activated.

AMMA should marry now as her dream of becoming PM is over.

Imagine if amma,didi,mullayam became rulers of India.

Fake title news

Title & content insane

It is already Indian official language

Well either you're misinformed or the fat lady is.. Plus apart from the Language demand everything else seems to be about stealing other peoples resources and poking in to thier business

Water Tops Jaya’s Demand List -The New Indian Express

The key issues the Chief Minister brought to the table include inter-State river water sharing, including the Cauvery and Mullaiperiyar, Sri Lankan Tamils, restoration of the traditional fishing rights of Tamil Nadu fishermen, harassment of TN fishermen by the Sri Lankan navy infrastructure and declaration of Tamil as an official language.

Jaya meets PM, talks about inter-state rivers, fishermen, Sri Lankan Tamils | NetIndian

and declaration of Tamil as an official language.

Whoa!! Now this is a shit load of demands.. :lol:

Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Tuesday took up a host of crucial issues relating to Tamil Nadu including declaration of Tamil as an official language with Prime Minister Narendra Modi and sought his prompt and positive response on them.

Charging that Tamil Nadu was systematically ignored and discriminated by the previous UPA regime at the Centre, the Chief Minister told Modi that she was looking forward to that trend completely changing under his guidance.

The 25-point memorandum which runs to 65 pages seeks the Centre’s help on some key issues concerning Tamil Nadu including moving a resolution in the UN calling for a probe into genocide of Tamils during the final phase of war in Sri Lanka, besides holding a referendum for a separate Tamil Eelam.

Jayalalithaa also urged the Centre to immediately nominate its representative from the Central Water Commission in the committee to supervise the raising of water level to 142 ft in the Mullaiperiyar dam.

“The supervisory committee should be in position before the onset of the South West Monsoon so that the order enabling Tamil Nadu to store water in the dam up to 142 feet can be implemented immediately,” the Chief Minister said in the memorandum presented to Modi.

Jayalalithaa also urged Modi to form the Cauvery Management Board and the Cauvery Water Regulation Committee urgently for the implementation of the final order of the Cauvery Water Disputes Tribunal.

She also stated that a special committee for interlinking of rivers should be activated.

Tamil is already an official language of India.

Well either you're misinformed or the fat lady is.. Plus apart from the Language demand everything else seems to be about stealing other peoples resources and poking in to thier business

Water Tops Jaya’s Demand List -The New Indian Express

Jaya meets PM, talks about inter-state rivers, fishermen, Sri Lankan Tamils | NetIndian

Maybe Jaya should focus on further Urbanisation rather than Chennai. More power for Chennai, bridging the income gap. Upping the literacy rate to the 90 Per cent.

But populism is the order of the day I am afraid.

She didn't do that bad a CM so far. Despite her occasional craziness.

Is it ? Well Jayalalitha doesn't seem to know that.. Or she wants it to be the only official language.. See the multiple links i have provided in my last post

@Gibbs is right.

The article does list her demand. This is strange :unsure:

Is it ? Well Jayalalitha doesn't seem to know that.. Or she wants it to be the only official language.. See the multiple links i have provided in my last post

saw it. And read it too.

My understanding was the regional languages were official languages. Like Malayalam.

Oh, I see she listed the Mullaperiyar dispute with kerala.

:mad:

There is no need of making mountains out of the mile as lankans are pretending. Moreover, such things aren't possible in India as Telugu, Bengali and Marathi languages has more speakers than Tamil. So, everyone of us know such thing isn't going to happen.

@Gibbs is right.

saw it. And read it too.

My understanding was the regional languages were official languages. Like Malayalam.

Oh, I see she listed the Mullaperiyar dispute with kerala.

Well like i said apart from the Tamil language all the others seems to be demands from others that has nothing to do with TN.. Talk about audacity.. :lol:

There is no need of making mountains out of the mile as lankans are pretending. Moreover, such things aren't possible in India as Telugu, Bengali and Marathi languages has more speakers than Tamil. So, everyone of us know such thing isn't going to happen.

Who's making moles hills bub ?? (or in your case a mile ??) These are all Indian sources and is out of the horses own mouth.. Insecure much ??

Well like i said apart from the Tamil language all the others seems to be demands from others that has nothing to do with TN.. Talk about audacity.. :lol:

Who's making moles hills bub ?? These are all Indian sources and is out of the horses own mouth.. Insecure much ??

Yep, these are issues that Centre has purview over.

I have to give it to her though, she has bigger gonads than a lot of her male counterparts.

@Gibbs is right.

If you are in India, you won't be surprised.

Who's making moles hills bub ?? (or in your case a mile ??) These are all Indian sources and is out of the horses own mouth.. Insecure much ??

Because such news are of no worth, being an Indian I know it, only a Lankan can make a mountain out of a mole. :sarcastic::sarcastic:

Yep, these are issues that Centre has purview over.

I have to give it to her though, she has bigger gonads than a lot of her male counterparts.

You know Telugu has largest number of speakers among Dravidian languages and third place after Hindi and Bengali. ;)

Last edited:
Tamilnadu is doing Literacy Part
It already achieved 80%
In Next five years it will touch 90 %

Tamil Nadu Population Sex Ratio in Tamil Nadu Literacy rate data

actually in the next 10 years it will touch 86%. What about access to sanitation?

I

If you are in India, you won't be surprised.

Because such news are of no worth, being an Indian I know it, only a Lankan can make a mountain out of a mole. :sarcastic::sarcastic:

You know Telugu has largest number of speakers among Dravidian languages and third place after Hindi and Bengali. ;)

But Tamil is seen as more contentious because of the Anti-Hindi agitations.

actually in the next 10 years it will touch 86%. What about access to sanitation?

I say it is Improving(Improved when comparing AP & Karnataka)

I have 2 BHK House in Hometown even though i receive 10000 per Toilet
I use that money for my personal purpose.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom