What's new

Jawans may soon have top-class Italian machine guns

DRDO take responsibility for too many projects, why not establish another organization to compete with it? Competition will bring out the best in it.

DRDO take responsibility for too many projects, why not establish another organization to compete with it? Competition will bring out the best in it.

DRDO is the collective name of hundreds of organizations working under it.

True, its even the oldest weapons factory in the world. Even the US army might choose it for its new AR.

True that, they were selling guns even before the advent of gun powder. :D

Why can't some private Indian company start a joint venture or buy a US based company to manufacture small arms and ammunition in the US, spend some money on research and offer their products to the Indian Defence Forces...Also looking at the order potential they can then set up and replicate their operations in India later

Why can't Indians make a simple machine gun?

Tell your own army to stop procuring this same gun first, then rant. Idiot illegal immigrant American.

US USING THIS SCARH (POLISH)

Scar is not Polish, it's Belgian. From the stable of FN Herstal, the same firm which made FN Fal operational with Indian Armed Forces.

FN_SCAR_POWER_by_Drake_UK.jpg

Why can't some private Indian company start a joint venture or buy a US based company to manufacture small arms and ammunition in the US, spend some money on research and offer their products to the Indian Defence Forces...Also looking at the order potential they can then set up and replicate their operations in India later

Indian current law prevents private entities to manufacture small arms.

Indian current law prevents private entities to manufacture small arms.
There was an article in the papers some 1-2 years back that the Russian company Izmash was to issue a licence to a private indian firm for manufacturing their AK103 in India to supply to the paramilitary forces...and besides i was suggesting that the private entity start in the US first and then do some R&D to come up with a new product and then offer them first to the Indian police and para-military forces as that too is a large market and then innovate for the armed forces also...as this way there will be some incentive to company also that they supply to the CAPF's and paramilitary too

There was an article in the papers some 1-2 years back that the Russian company Izmash was to issue a licence to a private indian firm for manufacturing their AK103 in India to supply to the paramilitary forces...and besides i was suggesting that the private entity start in the US first and then do some R&D to come up with a new product and then offer them first to the Indian police and para-military forces as that too is a large market and then innovate for the armed forces also...as this way there will be some incentive to company also that they supply to the CAPF's and paramilitary too

In US, much of the profit comes from civilian demands and over seas export. Unless they liberalize Indian civilian arms market, i don't see any private venture getting substantial profit in making guns. As R&D doesn't ensure success.

In US, much of the profit comes from civilian demands and over seas export. Unless they liberalize Indian civilian arms market, i don't see any private venture getting substantial profit in making guns. As R&D doesn't ensure success.

I am not saying that they supply to the civilian market in India as the current laws prevent civilians from owning automatic rifles...there is a huge market to supply to the defence forces and that is a very big incentive to do R&D

I am not saying that they supply to the civilian market in India as the current laws prevent civilians from owning automatic rifles...there is a huge market to supply to the defence forces and that is a very big incentive to do R&D

As i mentioned, you cannot be sure R&D will be successful. If the prototype doesn't meet the expectation, all the money poured into R&D will be wasted. And being a private firm they cannot afford that.

I'm not saying to sell automatic rifles to civilians, but pistols and small handguns to maintain the profit margin for the company. So that they can afford to spend substantial money in R&D. As civilians guns made by OFB, in plain word, sucks.

As long as we can mass produce them in India I would say: Srew those incompetent folks at DRDO. If they cant deliver what the Army wants, they should go for the best in the world.

Are u an idiot or cant read english? where does the drdo come into picture? The article clearly mention one of berettas gun fialed.... still army asking them... actually you are no different from those foreign maal lovers.... even if they cost much more than desi. Same happened in arjun vs t90. We also forget that More than 1 million insas are in service. drdo just need to develop everything superfast without any support and less money.

As i mentioned, you cannot be sure R&D will be successful. If the prototype doesn't meet the expectation, all the money poured into R&D will be wasted. And being a private firm they cannot afford that.

I'm not saying to sell automatic rifles to civilians, but pistols and small handguns to maintain the profit margin for the company. So that they can afford to spend substantial money in R&D. As civilians guns made by OFB, in plain word, sucks.

Every company in the world does R&D without having a confirmed order in hand...there wouldn't have been world class products made if the company would be afraid without making a start in the first place...success depends on more or less how good your product is

Are u an idiot or cant read english? where does the drdo come into picture? The article clearly mention one of berettas gun fialed.... still army asking them... actually you are no different from those foreign maal lovers.... even if they cost much more than desi. Same happened in arjun vs t90. We also forget that More than 1 million insas are in service. drdo just need to develop everything superfast without any support and less money.

80 of the 34000 guns imported failed due to bulging in the barrel, which is caused by defects in bullets, made by OFB. :D

Back
Top Bottom