What's new

Javed Chaudhary VS Faisal Raza Abidi

Javed Ch. Nawaz Sharif's tout got Humiliated Rightly. Shahbash Faisal Raza Abidi. This Third rated man used to be on the heads of President Musharraf and his allies (Decent People in their Nature). Now time to pay back with his kind Mash'Allah.

Shame On Him.

Just listen to Javed Chaudhary. He just lost it and showed his true self. Couldn't control his hatred, biases and his illiteracy. He's nothing more than a glorified gossiper who gets to narrate tall stories in his newspaper columns and his rants that appeal to populist ideas without any references or sources. He just rants without any proofs all the time. Just listen to him literally starting a fist fight in a tv show. I don't approve of all Abidi says or all he claims (in other shows as well) but Javed Chaudhary revealed his true self today.

Javed Chaudhary is one of the few people I claim to despise. I do not voice opinions on people's overall personality without meeting them, but a person's writing reveals a lot. Everyday he resorts to mud slinging on politicians (right wing and Islamist sympathies exist). I cannot describe how much I despise him. He writes oftenly on global and geo-politics and his meager intellect is unable to grasp anything beyond Jew-Israel-Hindu-India-Amrika-haye-haye and this irks me because people read him, hundreds of thousands of people and million watch him. For the average person, he is a person of credibility and when somebody fools the public, it irks me a lot. The sole reason I hate him is because of this agenda that he carries on, the same delusion that sickens our public at large and thanks to journos like him the cycle of delusion continues.

He's a super hit journalist who has an extremely average intelligence, maybe even borderline deficiency or dullness. Don't accuse me of being haughty or arrogant, but that is what I seriously think of him. He narrates long stories and this appeals to most people who need a catharsis and a source to abuse a person, in this case as in most cases the person is the "politician". A perfect establishment tool, JC would have no place in any journalistic media anywhere in the world.

He even complains about the BISP and accuses the Finance Minister of saying that BISP support is enough. The idiot cannot even appreciate a support program that has indeed started to work. People earning <5,000 per month consider the additional 1,000 to be heavenly. He couldn't and cannot understand in his meager intellect how an economy works. When Abidi says that the PSEs did not generate profits, then he start saying "lain na". What a douchebag...

By saying that the budget has been prepared in the US, he leads credence to the anti-Americanism among the millions of people.

Arguments like "tax lein na", "profit kamein na" "ten downing mein kitna staff hai", "aap bathein, aap bathein" and especially "deshat gardi sey nikla gaye hain" are the usual idiotic comments he can make. He could not control his hatred and his jahliat. Javed Chaudhry, as I have said earlier, is an uneducated, unintelligent, unimaginative gossiper.

A talk show is not supposed to preach. Open a opinion show if you want to tell the people your rants, and use Luqman Hakeem and Umar Khattab quote to demean people rather than hosting a unbiased debate.

I hope Senator Abidi sues him and demands a public apology and resignation from journalism at large instead of defamation damages.

LOL.

I am so surprised to the skewed mentality of this forum. There's no match between a Karachi goon and a decent anchor. Staying at the expense of Federal Government may be acceptable to those who are also part of the current corrupt regime for me, i would not like to see my tax penny to be wasted on ****** characters like Raza (thig) Abidi.

Abidi has no place in a well mannered Senate. Javed Chaudhry has no place in a journalistic media of any repute. Abidi goes on defending indefensible acts on many talk shows and here he did make some downright idiotic statements, but that does not mean that JC is an angel for he revealed his inner self in this fist fight.

I hope Senator Abidi sues him and demands a public apology and resignation from journalism at large instead of defamation damages.

let's see if the senator has the balls to sue. Lol, this stupid man is the same person who challenged Dr Shahid masood to bring the killers of BB to justice within a month. at least i don't take him seriously :lol:

Abidi has no place in a well mannered Senate. Javed Chaudhry has no place in a journalistic media of any repute. Abidi goes on defending indefensible acts on many talk shows and here he did make some downright idiotic statements, but that does not mean that JC is an angel for he revealed his inner self in this fist fight.

p ersonally think no ANCHOR is an ANGEL! however, exposing these **** like raza abidi! is necessary!!! so for once i support Javed Chaudry because of him the true corruption & true expenses of our ministers & president are exposed!!! & yet this awaam is not concerned about RAZA ABIDI & his corruption and are more concerned about what what Javed chaudry is saying & how javed chaudry is a moron!!! :hitwall:

i guess same logic applies to jamshed dasti!

Javed Chaudhry is no doubt a famous columnist, but it is for those who are not aware of his real face. I often found that most of his column either tells his future, or current itinerary or any of his visits to the foreign lands in the past. It&#8217;s not a sin to travel the world but is it ethical to flaunt such thing in the articles? Especially when the article&#8217;s subject is not matched with his travel adventures? Also this is the man who blast at the politicians that they spend their time abroad and he criticizes severely at them that they should remain at home and empathize with the people. Now why doesn&#8217;t he check his own luxurious tours and remain in the country in sweltering heat and loadshedding and live like a common Pakistani? Is this not a double standard.

"Aaj tak zardari nay Aiwan-e-sadar key akhrajaat apni jaeb say pay kiyay hain"... Is this a jokes thread... then he says budget allocation was for staff only... & then didn't reply to Javed's question that it was more than staff salaries,,, He talks of 5-star meeting of media personnel.. this person forgets that they don't use people's tax money for those meetings.

This liar pays for his stay in PC from him pocket... yeeh right... even he pays from his personal account he would get it as tada from PIA... so what's the magic...

Well done Javed Choudry,,, contarary to some replies, this video actually exposed lying face of Faisal Raza Abidi.

did sb above say Javed totally lost it...!!! I think opposite is true.

Last edited:
Cyril Almeida at Dawn.com wrote a beautiful article within last few months talking about how the 'wastage' and even 'corruption' by the politicians in Pakistan cannot take away from the benefits of democratic consensus a nation can enjoy. Indeed, a few billions here n there are nothing compared to consensus, sense of participation by various ethnic/regions, and a popular sense of having public representatives as projection of people's will.
That article by Almeida is extremely worth reading.
As to Javed Ch.: He is a jerk, impolite, biassed and right-wing nutjob.

Faisal Abdi and his PPP fellows think their President is an angel ... Pakistan has become Benaziristan ....every school , every hospital, every airport ,every road , every project been named after a person who did n't even get 35&#37; of the total electoral vote in any election ... SHAM DEMOCRACY.

JAVED CHOUDHARY seems very fearless person..openly accusing a minister for corruption is not an easy task..

JAVED CHOUDHARY seems very fearless person..openly accusing a minister for corruption is not an easy task..

Nothing uniquely fearless about JC. Pakistani media--both electronic and paper--has seen so much freedom that even Musharraf's ministers were regularly taken to task by anchormen and journalists.

As much as I dislike the journalists and anchormen like JC and many other rightwingers it is better to have the noisy media than to have the quiet media. What I especially dislike about some of these journalists is their selective attacks: Cornering politicians they dont' like while conveniently ignoring other ones.

Well our leading media anchor persons are very powerful.No one can touch them not even Military Establishment.

The article by Cyril Almeida I am alluding to above. Already dated in some minor ways (NFC is signed now; even the 18th Amend. is passed since then) but still valid. By the way, I am not against taking down the corrupt politicians. But I am for establishing the 'context' Almeida is talking about. Pakistan is in an ugly cycle of civil-military rules--where both kinds of rules are ultimately labeled as 'corrupt'.
Pakistani politicians are not uniquely corrupt in the world--I bet India's are probably even worse off. But the way some journalists--especially the rightwing ones-- focus on 'corruption'--at the expense of other issues leads to the deligtimization of the whole institute of democracy itself.
Enough of that.

DAWN.COM | Columnists | The corruption conundrum

The corruption conundrum
By Cyril Almeida
Friday, 20 Nov, 2009
Allegations of corruption must be backed up by hard fact.
CORRUPTION&#8217;S back. Well, back in the news anyway. (You&#8217;d have to be incredibly naive to believe it ever really went away in substantive terms.) But I am sceptical. Let me explain.

I&#8217;m sure that those with their hands jammed down the cookie jar at the moment are having a phenomenally lucrative time of it &#8212; and that is galling. The people&#8217;s representatives, those employed by the state and political appointees aren&#8217;t meant to be working to enrich themselves. That much is obvious. Equally obvious is the fact that they often do enrich themselves through graft, bribery, corruption, all of the above, whatever.

But watching and reading the anti-corruption brigade baying for the blood of corrupt officialdom, I can&#8217;t help but wonder: do they fully understand the costs? The costs both of corruption itself and of trying to take down the corrupt in government? And does the anti-corruption brigade have a plan that could work?

My scepticism is fuelled by the fact that to each of those three questions, the answer appears to be: no, they don&#8217;t.

Start with the issue of the scale of corruption: is it ten billion or a hundred billion or a thousand billion rupees a year? Is it a tenth of one per cent of GDP or one per cent or five per cent? Depending on how angry the person making the charges is and how many &#8216;official&#8217; &#8212; inevitably, unnamed &#8212; sources they quote, the figure is &#8212; well, whatever they want it to be, because the truth is, no one knows.

This is terribly problematic, and here&#8217;s why. From a societal point of view, corruption matters in the main not because it exists per se or because it is morally wrong, but because of the deleterious impact it has on the provision of public goods. For instance, we spend less than half a per cent of GDP on healthcare and two per cent on education &#8212; so if corruption is eating a comparable amount of the government&#8217;s budget, that means we are losing out on educating more of our children and keeping our population in better health.

Not knowing the scale of corruption means we cannot contextualise it at the national level and so we really don&#8217;t know how big a problem it is in the first place.

OK, who are you kidding, you ask. Corruption is massive and, in any case, it doesn&#8217;t matter how much our officials are thieving, it&#8217;s the principle of the thing &#8212; our officials shouldn&#8217;t be crooks and pilferers.

Fine. Let&#8217;s switch from the economic to the political, then. How do we resolve the corruption issue? The answer generally proffered: remove the corrupt from government, of course. We don&#8217;t need &#8217;em, they are parasites feeding off this poor, luckless land and its people. Throw them in jail.

In the current round of corruption hysteria, the targets are pretty clear: Zardari and his buddies. But if the desire to see them ousted is fulfilled, there will be a next round and in that round the target will be Sharif, the army&#8217;s chosen political ones, whoever. The reason: we can debate whether some politicians are more corrupt than others, but few would argue that any of our potential national leaders have clean hands &#8212; so the corruption monster will rear its head again.

Now to that second question, the cost of taking down a government&#8217;s leaders. The direct cost would be further political instability, but in a country that is long used to it, the temptation is to shrug and say, so what? This too shall pass.

But what many miss are the hidden costs, which in fact may outstrip whatever &#8216;savings&#8217; we can get by kicking out the corrupt. Consider just one potential cost of political upheaval at the moment: the possible scuttling of the National Finance Commission award that the centre and the provinces are trying to hammer out.

The what? Not many beyond policy wonks and geeky number crunchers care about the NFC award. But the NFC is in fact one of the planks on which the federation of Pakistan survives &#8212; and is meant to thrive. Essentially, it carves up the tax revenue and distributes it between the centre and the provinces. It even gets its own article in the constitution &#8212; Article 160.

In a very direct way, the NFC award impacts on the services and goods that the state is able to provide to us, the citizenry &#8212; government can only provide what it can pay for, and it can only pay for what its budget allows. So if the people want services, and some of those services are best provided by the centre while others by the provinces, what the centre and the provinces get to spend matters fundamentally.

Agreement on resource distribution is fiendishly difficult, though &#8212; think of it as the financial Kalabagh dam. The NFC award is constitutionally supposed to be made every five years, but 17 years lapsed between the first consensus award in 1974 and the next in 1991. The reason? Political turmoil in the late &#8217;70s and the mid &#8217;80s. And since the 1996 NFC, the game-changing one constituted by the caretaker prime minister Malik Meraj Khalid, we have had no new award.

Shaukat Tarin is currently trying to change that, and given that there are elected provincial governments, it would be the first award hammered out by elected representatives in nearly two decades.

So if the storm brewing over corruption allegations takes down the government or the president, the righteous will be pleased, but the finance guys will be left holding their heads because the NFC award would be scuttled yet again. That would translate into the loss of very real services that the provinces are hoping to provide by getting a larger slice of the national tax pie.

Causality would be readily determined: obsession with corruption in high office leading to political instability/change leading to the continued denial of services the people need from their provincial governments.

Preposterous, you say? Perhaps. But the point of the conjecture outlined is to highlight the desperate lack of nuanced thinking about corruption. We may not like it, and may not even realise it, but we live in a very complex world where an instant &#8216;good&#8217; can lead to more &#8216;bad&#8217; over the longer term.

Put another way, would you care as much about purging the corrupt from office if that means you can&#8217;t get the basic services you believe the state is supposed to provide you?

So are we supposed to do nothing about corruption? Of course not. But what we need is for the anti-corruption watchdog to be snapping at the heels of the corrupt, not sinking its teeth in the jugular of the state. And what we also need is an institutional mechanism for dealing with corruption, not emotional attacks against the corrupt.

Heard of the PPRA? That&#8217;s the Public Procurement Regulatory Authority. The only time I have seen it mentioned in the context of fighting corruption is in the excellent editorial columns of the Business Recorder. What can a muscular, independent PPRA do to fight corruption?

The answer doesn&#8217;t matter &#8212; at least as long as we are happier hunting the villains rather than trying to fix the system.

Back
Top Bottom