What's new

JAS GRIPEN

the smaller the plane the harder it is to kill it.........! but its price is too much.. and if ders an embargo den its gone.........!

I don't think that's correct, it should be lighter even reports say it's still has some overweight, but I don't think it can carry more.

http://taiwanbbs.org/main/uploads/ng_jas39_01_5463.jpg

It maybe could match the old Gripen in payload and MTOW now, but Gripen NG is still far ahead.

Every MMRCA contendor should be superior to F16 block 50 BVR, because of AESA radar and except Mig 35 everyone can use the same AMRAAM that they use. WVR they should still have advantages in maneuverability, because of features like canards, or TVC, but it also depends on the pilots.
Why do you see Rafale not on the level of Typhoon and Mig 35?

yes you are right lca can carry about 15000kg . so it gets surpassed by gripen ng .

volvo aerospace is a swedish company and they have 50% involvement in the engines and other components and mostly they are made in sweden.

GE - Aviation: GE Launches F414G Engine for Saab's Gripen Demonstrator Program

The F414G uses a similar architecture to the popular F414-GE-400 engine powering the F/A-18 Super Hornet, with minor changes to the alternator for added aircraft power, and modified Full Authority Digital Electronic Control (FADEC) software for enhanced single-engine operation

So it's a complete US engine that Volvo only modified a bit! That makes their involvment far less then 50% and that's the problem. In case of US sanctions, they won't give Volvo the engines and they couldn't do anything against it.

Why do you see Rafale not on the level of Typhoon and Mig 35?

rafale is a medium mrca while typhoon and mig-35 are heavy weight fighters .
typhoon has some unique features that separate it from the rest
ex (lines from articles )

1) The Mauser BK27mm for Eurofighter Typhoon is a revolver gun system that features a linkless-closed ammunition feed system. This system eliminates the risks associated with the ejection of cases and links and provides a 60% reduction in volume over existing systems and a constant firing rate from the first round onwards.

2)Yet another factor separating Eurofighter Typhoon from the crowd is its voice commands ( VTAS )
yes rafale is working on it but as i said working on .

3) typhoon can supercruise
According to the official German Luftwaffe and Austrian Eurofighter website, the maximum speed possible without reheat is between Mach 1.2 and Mach 1.5 .

4) typhoon has a larger sustained subsonic turn rate, sustained supersonic turn rate, and faster acceleration at Mach 0.9 at 20,000 feet (6,100 m) than the F-15, F-16, F/A-18, Mirage 2000, Rafale, the Su-27, and the MiG-29

otherwise if you see on paper than mig-35 outclasses every other aircraft due to its supirior manouverability and better radar ( right now ) .

i would like to see MiG-35 with Israeli avionics.

Such As like Elta 2052 radar. It will be the most deadliest aircraft .......

Last edited:
i would like to see MiG-25 with Israeli avionics.

Such As like Elta 2052 radar. It will be the most deadliest aircraft .......

i also think the same but i dont think that russians are trutworthy anymore . in near future i see russian defence imports decreasing .
we cant take away all the contracts from them suddenly . it would be a slow process .

i also think the same but i dont think that russians are trutworthy anymore . in near future i see russian defence imports decreasing .
we cant take away all the contracts from them suddenly . it would be a slow process .

Can you enlighten us for your comments ??? why you said that ??
we trust russians more than naybody, we have lot of defence deals goign along with them - mostly in joint venture.
go through all the threads in this section.:disagree:

i dont know where we went wrong with the russians... was it the improving relations with the americans that pissed them off??? i mean they mark up every quote they give us... was it the formation of SCo?? what was it

rafale is a medium mrca while typhoon and mig-35 are heavy weight fighters .

Take a look at this comparison:

Indian MRCA competition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They are all medium mrca, specially EF and Rafale are pretty close in weight and size, I don't see much difference between them. The Mig has grown compared to the older Mig 29 and now comes close to real heavy class fighters like Su 30, or Su 35, but the MTOW is still less.

Can you enlighten us for your comments ??? why you said that ??
we trust russians more than naybody, we have lot of defence deals goign along with them - mostly in joint venture.
go through all the threads in this section.:disagree:

you mean what russia did in t-90, brahmos ( both now sorted out ) , gorshkov was perfectly ok for you . !

and yeah you trusted russians that they would not provide engines for jf-17 , but didnt they break your trust . !

Last edited:
also i think that russia almost stagnated in the last 10 - 15 years in tehnology , and other countries took benefit of that like israel . i see more french and israeli stuff in indian armed forces than russian in future and i will stand by it .

Back
Top Bottom