What's new

JAS-39 Gripen-C VS JF-17 Thunder Block-2.

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
A humble attempt by me to compare the JAS-39 Gripen-C with the JF-17 Thunder Block-2. Enjoy :enjoy:

Gripen vs JF-17 Thunder_PDF0001.jpg
Gripen vs JF-17 Thunder_PDF0002.jpg
Gripen vs JF-17 Thunder_PDF0003.jpg
Gripen vs JF-17 Thunder_PDF0004.jpg
Gripen vs JF-17 Thunder_PDF0005.jpg
Gripen vs JF-17 Thunder_PDF0006.jpg
Gripen vs JF-17 Thunder_PDF0007.jpg

Speed is no longer the issue. Speed was meant for interceptors which are no longer needed. F/A-18 Super Hornet's top speed is Mach 1.8, F-35's top speed is Mach 1.6. What matters is acceleration. We do need a ~100kn engine and reduced weight for JF-17s. We need to improve its payload, its acceleration, thrust to weight ratio and rate of climb.

We need speed, our combat radius though is massive compared to other jets.

i think gripen clearly beats jf17 in terms of ata missile.meteor,aim-120,derby,python,iris-t are some of the finest missile in current warfare.
while jf17 is ahead in anti-ship missile.
btw,op should've added atleast something about radar and their detection capabillity(if info is available)

BS.The RD-93 engines onboard JF-17 have a thrust of 19,000lbf and not 22,000lbf.Russia has not even properly tested a RD-93 variant in 98Kn class

BS.The RD-93 engines onboard JF-17 have a thrust of 19,000lbf and not 22,000lbf.Russia has not even properly tested a RD-93 variant in 98Kn class
What is the thrust of RD93 on Mig29k?

i think gripen clearly beats jf17 in terms of ata missile.meteor,aim-120,derby,python,iris-t are some of the finest missile in current warfare.
while jf17 is ahead in anti-ship missile.
btw,op should've added atleast something about radar and their detection capabillity(if info is available)
Few minutes back I am going to ask you to add Tejas then I thought something
JF-17 in service nearly a decade back
Block II inducted and in production and news reports are for Block III dual seat version to be tested in 2017
Where Tejas is still not inducted and without the success of MK 1, MK 2 is underway which mean a total failure of MK1 version because no other nation on earth produce another upgraded version without induction previous versions.

On topic JF-17 light year ahead of khichdi fighter Gripen sorry no offense I said khichdi because more then 5 countries supplying parts for Gripen and if a buyer select Gripen would face approval from many nations.
And above all check the specs and please for one second for yourself don't be biased.
@Horus

Sir please check Indian trolls and I am sorry post something off topic.

Last edited:
Few minutes back I going to ask you to add Tejas to added then I thought something
JF-17 in service nearly a decade back
Block II inducted and in production and news reports are for Block III dual seat version to tested in 2017
Where Tejas is still not inducted and without the success of MK 1, MK 2 is underway which mean a total failure of MK1 version because no other nation on earth produce another upgraded version without induction previous versions.
how's that trolling?
so a indian said something about jf which is pretty obvious and it becoms trolling.pretty much everybody excepts that meteor is superior to any other counterpart.
whats tejas gotta do with any of this?.
if its hurting so much,go ahead delete it.

RD-33

JF-17 test Pilot, Wing Commander Ronald Felix.

View attachment 290516

Hi,

And that power was clearly visible at the take off at the Paris air show. Thank you for your effort---.

This drama is going to be unfolded in the coming 6 months----some very interesting progress is going to become public information regarding the JF17.

MashaALLAH Great to see JFT flourishing day in day out.

@Horus thanks for sharing :)

RD-33

JF-17 test Pilot, Wing Commander Ronald Felix.

View attachment 290516
That;s Technical Miracle Sir If its True
Gripen with Volvo RM-12 Engine Which Thrust of 80.5 KN Wet can go up to Mach 2 and Pull Up +9g

Which JF-17 Cannot Not with RD-93 with 98 KN Wet Limited to 1.8 and 8g

How ???

I'd say it has more to do with Gripen's superior Digital Fly by Electrical Wire Control System than its engine.

That;s Technical Miracle Sir If its True
Gripen with Volvo RM-12 Engine Which Thrust of 80.5 KN Wet can go up to Mach 2 and Pull Up +9g

Which JF-17 Cannot Not with RD-93 with 98 KN Wet Limited to 1.8 and 8g

How ???

On topic JF-17 light year ahead of khichdi fighter Gripen sorry no offense I said khichdi because more then 5 countries supplying parts for Gripen and if a buyer select Gripen would face approval from many nations.

Does Pakistan produce everything required for the JF-17?

--------------------------

Additionally, as for the charts, last i read Gripen had a pretty sophisticated data link ability, infact one of the main selling points of the aircraft, over here only rudimentary links to AWACS that JF-17 is able to do also are mentioned.
Iirc Gripen's link enables several planes to talk to each other, share info, has some CAS function to link with troops on the ground etc etc....none of this is mentioned.

Also, i get the impression "LERX" was included just to score a "yes" for JF-17, as it makes no sense to include it (and drop "canards" category as equivalent), as it's a design feature best known from the quite unimpressive F/A-18.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom