What's new

Japan's economy to grind to a halt in 2nd quarter: JPMorgan

rapid aging , steep decline in population, rising debt, almost zero natural resources, nuclear meltdown & radiation, volcano eruptions, earthquakes, tsunami, women attracted to gorilla instead of men. the end result: japan is finished.
:rofl:

Japan is the third largest economy on Earth.

It is among the top 5 trading nations, and has quite a bit of world renowned companies.

It is still the 3rd/4th largest patent filer in the world.

Its home grown scientists win Nobles.

Apart from China and Korea, it largely has good relations with all countries.

It has the third largest R&D budget in the world.

It is still the only Asian (non-resource based) country that has made it in the rich league. A member of G7.

The sophistication of its technology base is also very very high.

What do you mean by Japan is not relevant?

Or for you, apart from China and US everyone is irrelevant?

Dont mind some ultra nationalistic chinese members here bro. They are a minority even in china. There are very reasonable Chinese members here like @shortguner51 and Chinese dragon who all recognise Japan's weight/position. I have been to China myself and i can attest to this, the chinese even though they despise/hate japan, they still rightly respect and admire japan for its advanced tech, high living standards, quality products and the fact that it has achieved so much despite having virtually no natural resources/vast land unlike China who has both(coupled with almost 11 times Japan's population) and yet it has barely twice Japan's economy(and that too after rapid double digit growth for 30 years).:what: Japan is/should be a model for all of Asia (China included ) to follow.

I Have said it time and time again on here, if China was to achieve even half of what Japan has achieved in living standards /wealth and productivity per head, then the West and even the mighty U. S will stand no chance towards China we will all be dwarfed by it's size /economy etc. So China's aim should be to be half as productive as the average Japanese. :chilli::cheesy:

Japan's economy is growing at 3.9% just this 1st quarter, and its mobilizing even further, stronger for 2nd quarter.

I think I'm okay with Japan, as an advanced and super-developed country with the average Japanese earning well above $37k (USD) ---- and the nation growing at a healthy 3.9% rate.

Not bad. Not bad at all for a nation of over 128 million. :)

Addendum: As a super developed nation, Japan's target growth rate of at least 1.5 to 2 % per annum is benchmark.

Other under-developed nations should take note. And before they even talk about us, at least hit our per capita level and development status.

At least when Japan hit the bubble , our GDP per capita was one of the highest in the world, as well as the Japanese economy one of the largest. This has remained the reality even now. :)

Exactly by Japanese standards 2-3% is a good growth rate since you are already so much developed

Exactly by Japanese standards 2-3% is a good growth rate since you are already so much developed

Certainly, for developed nations, low growth rates are probably even desirable so long as the fundamentals of the economy are sound. But when crisis hit, even advanced economies (people, to be exact) suffer immensely.

I have been to China myself and i can attest to this, the chinese even though they despise/hate japan, they still rightly respect and admire japan for its advanced tech, high living standards, quality products and the fact that it has achieved so much despite having virtually no natural resources/vast land unlike China who has both(coupled with almost 11 times Japan's population) and yet it has barely twice Japan's economy(and that too after rapid double digit growth for 30 years).:what: Japan is/should be a model for all of Asia (China included ) to follow.

I have been to UK myself and even though the average person might hate/despise the US, they still show great respect for the US. But there are many ultranationalist zealots that are unable to overcome their post-colonialist syndrome. But they are in the minority. Most UK people are as non-nationalist as yourself.

Dont mind some ultra nationalistic chinese members here bro. They are a minority even in china. There are very reasonable Chinese members here like @shortguner51 and Chinese dragon who all recognise Japan's weight/position. I have been to China myself and i can attest to this, the chinese even though they despise/hate japan, they still rightly respect and admire japan for its advanced tech, high living standards, quality products and the fact that it has achieved so much despite having virtually no natural resources/vast land unlike China who has both(coupled with almost 11 times Japan's population) and yet it has barely twice Japan's economy(and that too after rapid double digit growth for 30 years).:what: Japan is/should be a model for all of Asia (China included ) to follow.

I Have said it time and time again on here, if China was to achieve even half of what Japan has achieved in living standards /wealth and productivity per head, then the West and even the mighty U. S will stand no chance towards China we will all be dwarfed by it's size /economy etc. So China's aim should be to be half as productive as the average Japanese. :chilli::cheesy:

Japan did not go through the turmoil that China experienced. During the self strengthening movement in the late Qing Dynasty (Kinda the contemporary Chinese counterpart of the Meiji restoration), the imperial Qing was still centralized and strong enough to chuck a spanner into the gears of reform. Empress dowager Cixi fcuked everything up and later when a revitalized 100 days of reform was implemented, Cixi fcuked that up as well. She then went on to fcuk around with the boxers to attack foreigners with their fists leading to 8 nations attacking China at once. The reparation demands were 400 million taels!

Oh yeah, might I add that your countrymen were nothing but drug peddlers on an industrial scale? Imperial commisioner Lin took 500 laborourers 23 days to destroy the opium you forced the indians to grow so your started a war. Charming.

Everything was fcuked from the beginning and it is only by the seeming miraculous endurance of the Chinese people that the country got to where it is today. So far less that four decades of real reform and look how far the country has come. Another four decades and we will see the 'real China' for the first time in centuries.

Yes you are. If china has achieve a over 20000 dollars GDP per capita, then acording to the vast population of China and the total of the non-renewable resources in the world, there will be many fading developed countries, which can only achieve a GDP per capita under 30000 dollars most likely including your Britain and Japan.:agree:

Last edited:

Japan has a higher GDP than China due to population size. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that enriching the lives increasing higher living standards of 1.3b is a lot harder than 126 million people.

The question you ask yourself is there is really nothing Japan can manufacture that China cannot except for 14nm fab chips but that is due to the kindness of US giving them the technology. Don't even go into the military or space side because most if not all of Japan's advance hardware comes from US. And think about this, we were asleep for 200 years and have bounce back. In a way we gave Japan 200 years head start and they are still a lackey.

China has surpassed Japan as a power.

China has a bigger economy, bigger consumer market, bigger manufacturer, bigger exporter, bigger importer, bigger trader, has bigger banks, has bigger stock market, more tourist spending, has more powerful military, bigger military budget, exports more weapons, has nuclear weapons, has ICBMs, UNSC veto power, more supercomputers in Top500 list, more brands in Fortune Global 500, more annual patents granted, wins more gold medals at olympics, more advanced space program (including the prestigious manned program), has an independent foreign policy, more raw material resources, more energy resources, more agricultural resources, etc.

China vs Japan is not even a fair contest anymore.

Japan is ahead of China in a few technological fields (semiconductor equipment, robotics) and the Yen is currently just ahead of the Renminbi in usage. Apart from that, Japan has nothing over China as a power.

No serious person would trade China's position with Japan. Per capita is not a measure of global importance, Luxembourg has the highest per capita but in no way is it stronger country than China or US.

China's lead over Japan will only extend from here. Anyone that thinks Japan can close the gap with China is beyond delusional.

The only way Japan stayed ahead of China was when China closed itself off. Japan had its 15 seconds of fame and now its being put in its place by China.

Sure, Japan can pretend to believe its ahead of China as a power and delusional people can pretend to believe it.

Last edited:
rapid aging , steep decline in population, rising debt, almost zero natural resources, nuclear meltdown & radiation, volcano eruptions, earthquakes, tsunami, women attracted to gorilla instead of men. the end result: japan is finished.
Can you give any link to that particular piece of news.I am dying out of laughing.:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

Last edited:
Japan economy is OKay ... world N.o 3 will stay for a long time, back N.o 2 will wait for China collapse.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom