What's new

Japan's defense minister calls for "self-defense" on Chinese navy ships

We were talk about the the gentleman 'Korean' knows more Chinese writings, which is very hard to master, than Korean writings, hence we think he is not a real Korean. He might be a third party trying to stir up the animosities between China and South Korea.

I don't want to fall on this issue more, but along to your analysis, one hates both China and Japan, why is not a Korean friend? :lol:

This "Korean" guy always add his own sh*t to the news. Where in the original Japanese news mentioning about PLA navy? And attacking US ship?

I don't want to fall on this issue more, but along to your analysis, one hates both China and Japan, why is not a Korean friend? :lol:

FairandUnbias has been observed him on very post and found out his Korean language is less than fair while he can read Chinese. And you should Chinese writing is very hard to master. So if his Chinese is better than his Korean it's very unlikely that he is Korean.

I see that I was mentioned in the thread. It is clear that this Korean is not me. I will tell you why. I am a Bangladeshi with some first hand knowledge of some parts of the world and also I am a lone traveler who has his own philosophy and strategy which I presented in the "world order thread".

As I presented my ideas in the thread, Japan, Korea, Vietnam and other countries in South East Asia can create a ASEAN+ union and if Bangladesh and Sri Lanka are welcome there, both will gladly join it. I know more than 85% of my countrymen are with me on this. This ASEAN+ group will have more than a billion population and will have all internal ingredients to neutralize threat from either China or India or US or EU or Russia.

I do not believe it will bring any country anything good in being a pawn of the US or China, in the long haul.

Japan and Korea may bungle through for a few more decades before they come to this realization. Till that time, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka may have no choice but to maintain an alliance with China. And this alliance may even become permanent, if Japan does not wake up within a certain window of opportunity.

I personally think that the West and NATO alliance did a disservice to Asia by defeating Japan and dismantling its empire. This created a vacuum which is now being filled by both China and India. I believe the rolling back of Western influence from Asia and creation of an independent ASEAN+ led by Japan, Korea and Vietnam will be a good thing for Asia and the world.

I see that I was mentioned in the thread. It is clear that this Korean is not me. I will tell you why. I am a Bangladeshi with some first hand knowledge of some parts of the world and also I am a lone traveler who has his own philosophy and strategy which I presented in the "world order thread".

As I presented my ideas in the thread, Japan, Korea, Vietnam and other countries in South East Asia can create a ASEAN+ union and if Bangladesh and Sri Lanka are welcome there, both will gladly join it. I know more than 85% of my countrymen are with me on this. This ASEAN+ group will have more than a billion population and will have all internal ingredients to neutralize threat from either China or India or US or EU or Russia.

I do not believe it will bring any country anything good in being a pawn of the US or China, in the long haul.

Japan and Korea may bungle through for a few more decades before they come to this realization. Till that time, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka may have no choice but to maintain an alliance with China. And this alliance may even become permanent, if Japan does not wake up within a certain window of opportunity.

I personally think that the West and NATO alliance did a disservice to Asia by defeating Japan and dismantling its empire. This created a vacuum which is now being filled by both China and India. I believe the rolling back of Western influence from Asia and creation of an independent ASEAN+ led by Japan, Korea and Vietnam will be a good thing for Asia and the world.

I agree with you, except for things that you mentioned: India; Russia; and "led by Japan, Korea and Vietnam".

It's was clearly my fault and I apologize.

My original though was only you have the talent and temperament to fit that character but then my second though overruled that because you're simply too nice a person to do these things. Sorry we seem to be a couple of gossiping old ladies/men.

It's was clearly my fault and I apologize.

My original though was only you have the talent and temperament to fit that character but then my second though overruled that because you're simply too nice a person to do these things. Sorry we seem to be a couple of gossiping old ladies/men.

No offense taken. Internet is the wild new frontier. We cannot see the faces behind the keyboards, so it is easy to be paranoid. It is probably much better to do diplomacy on a personal level face to face.

But I have this belief that getting the geopolitics right, considering the "human" factors such historical sociology and evolution of societies, will affect the fate of masses, in any given country, much more than any internal factors. Sometimes it makes or breaks a country. At least I have seen from our own experience in our history. From one of the richest bread-basket of the mighty Mughal empire, we have now become a country known for its poverty and under development, although we made some small strides lately. So I think Geopolitics is crucial for survival of any people, where ever they may be on the planet, however large or small.

LOL this guy wants to be ruled by Japan, Korea and Vietnam because they are such small, peaceful and innocent countries.

What you are proposing is not very different from the Non-Aligned Movement - just an updated version. The reason why NAM was unsuccessful was not the intent but the execution. Any country even in the ASEAN or ASEAN+ as you call it would put national interest over ASEAN interest. Same thing is happening to the Eurozone. I guess it is mostly a lack of connection. Spain and Germany might be geographically closer than a Texas and Alaska - but the Americans would still feel a bond that the Europeans would never feel.

LOL this guy wants to be ruled by Japan, Korea and Vietnam because they are such small, peaceful and innocent countries.

No, not ruled but be equal partners in a Union. No one said anything about being peaceful and innocent. We are small individually, but together we can be close to China or India in size of population, as well as economic and military strength.

And this is not an anti-China or anti-India alliance. It will be for self-protection and defensive purposes and for mutual economic benefit.

Solidarity is the power of small countries. At least the Solidarity makes big fish is also more difficult to "swallow" the small fish. :lol:

6526-onlinecart123.gif

What you are proposing is not very different from the Non-Aligned Movement - just an updated version. The reason why NAM was unsuccessful was not the intent but the execution. Any country even in the ASEAN or ASEAN+ as you call it would put national interest over ASEAN interest. Same thing is happening to the Eurozone. I guess it is mostly a lack of connection. Spain and Germany might be geographically closer than a Texas and Alaska - but the Americans would still feel a bond that the Europeans would never feel.

NAM was a concept of non-alignment with the then existing two blocs for individual countries, no integration was involved. ASEAN+ will hopefully be the South East and East Asian version of European Union. While EU states are still pursuing national interest, the EU integration framework continues to evolve to reduce the effect of narrow national interest and increase the promotion of greater EU interest. The transformation in EU and ASEAN or ASEAN+ will take their own unique course with their own unique time table, having ups and downs and hiccups along the way.

Feeling of bond depends on shared experience of working together to solve common problems. The evolution of the United States is not the same as EU integration process. But if EU continues to exist, the bond between different EU countries will only increase with every passing year.

Back
Top Bottom