What's new

Japanese war criminals' confessions of crime in invading China

sweetgrape

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
China
I think twice on whether should open the thread, it is not "news", but records.
People from other countries may doubt my motive: defaming Japan and Japanese, here don't deny I have my small selfish motives as a Chinese, But I also want more people know the crime Japanese did in invading China before 1945 that now many or most Japanese don't know or deny, hope more Japanese know that dark history they gave to Chinese.

If Mod judge the thread violating the rule of PDF, spread hatred, can close the thread.

Below is the website, Start from today, will updated with a new confessions of Japanese war criminal one day, this will last 45 days, later may be more, hope other Chinese can help updating the thread.
日本战犯的侵华罪行自供_环球网

Introduction
  On August 14 1945, Emperor Hirohito of Japan issued an imperial edict on armistice, announcing Japan's unconditional surrender. In accordance with the Potsdam Proclamation, the International Military Tribunal for the Far East was formed by 11 countries, including China, the United States, the United Kingdom and the Soviet Union, and had trials on Hideki Tojo and other Japanese war criminals responsible for launching the Japanese War of Aggression against China and the Pacific War.
  After the birth of New China, a total of 1,109 Japanese war criminals were taken over and held in custody in the two places of Fushun and Taiyuan. In 1954, the Supreme People's Procuratorate Office of the Central People's Government (later renamed the Supreme People's Procuratorate of the People's Republic of China) was responsible for the investigation and prosecution of the Japanese war criminals. It had trials on their crimes committed during the Japanese War of Aggression against China, including violating China's sovereignty, planning and implementing the policy of aggression, conducting spy and espionage activities, manufacturing bacteria weapons, releasing poison gas, killing, arresting, enslaving and poisoning the Chinese people, raping women, plundering money and materials, destroying towns and villages, expelling peaceful inhabitants, and violating international norms and humanitarian principles.
  According to the Decision on the Handling of the Criminals in Custody from the Japanese War of Aggression against China adopted by the Standing Committee of the National People’s Congress (NPC) on 25 April 1956, the Supreme People's Procuratorate of the People's Republic of China announced the decision to exempt from prosecution and immediately release, in three batches in 1956, a total of 1,017 Japanese war criminals in custody, who had relatively minor offenses and good behaviors of repentance. Meanwhile, a public prosecution was initiated to the Special Military Tribunal of the Supreme People's Court of the People's Republic of China on 45 Japanese war criminals, who were of higher positions and heavier offenses (the other 47 war criminals died in custody).
  From June to July 1956, the Special Military Tribunal of the Supreme People's Court of the People's Republic of China publicly tried in Shenyang and Taiyuan the 45 war criminals including Suzuki Keiku, and, based on the defendants' criminal facts, circumstances of the crimes, repentance, etc., treated them with leniency in accordance with the decision of the NPC Standing Committee, sentencing them to from twenty years to eight years in prison respectively.
  Archives related to the trials of the war criminals of the Japanese War of Aggression against China, such as documents issued by the NPC Standing Committee, the Supreme People's Procuratorate and the Special Military Tribunal of the Supreme People's Court, are stored in the Central Archives. The confessions written by all the war criminals and the detailed trial records contained in the archive files are irrefutable evidence of the heinous crimes committed by the Japanese militarist aggressors against the Chinese people.
  Since the Abe cabinet came into power in Japan, it has openly confused right and wrong to mislead the public, in an attempt to whitewash the history of external aggression and colonialism. This is a total disregard of the historical justice and human conscience, as well as a challenge to the outcome of World War II and the post-war international order. On the occasion of the 77th anniversary of the Marco Polo Bridge Incident, we at the Central Archives have selected from the archive files the written confessions of the 45 Japanese war criminals tried by the Supreme People's Court, including the original texts of the written confessions, supplements, corrections, postscripts, etc. as well as the then Chinese translations with abstracts, to release to the general public, in order to expose the anti-humanitarianism, anti-humanity, and anti-civilization atrocities during the Japanese invasion of China.
  The past, if not forgotten, can serve as a guide for the future. Only by truly remembering the history and learning from the history, can we avoid a repeat of the tragedy of war and achieve real and lasting peace and stability in the world.

Last edited:
笔供英文内容提要(Abstract of the Written Confessions in English)
Suzuki Keiku(铃木启久)
001.jpg

According to the written confession of Suzuki Keikuin July 1954, he was born in Fukushima Prefecture, Japan in 1890 and went to northeast China in 1934 to join the Japanese War of Aggression against China, serving as assistant commander of the 28th Infantry Regiment. In April 1945, he became lieutenant general and commander of the 117th Division. He was captured in Jilin on 31August 1945.
  Major offences:
  Around June 1934: “killed two Chinese peasants” in Jinzhou;
  Around early March 1935: assisted Colonel Takagi in “burning down two villages with a total of 300 households near Shangban City and killing many Chinese people”;
  September 1940: “used poison gas to brutally kill all” of the 50 or so anti-Japanese soldiers hidden indoor in a battle in Xuancheng, Anhui;
  1941: set up a comfort station in Chaoxian County, Anhui and abducted 20 “Chinese and Korean women as comfort women”;
  November 1941: in an attack on the Eighth Route Army in Zaoqiang, Hebei, “killed 10 soldiers, burned down two villages with around 600 households, and also slaughtered 100 Chinese peasants”;
  December 1941: “forced inhabitants” “in the area within 2 kilometers of the Great Wall” “to relocate and made the area a depopulated zone”;
  January 1942: ordered Colonel Taisuke to “burn down the houses of about 800 households and slaughter 1,000 Chinese peasants in a mop-up operation” in Tangshan area;
  April 1942: in Tianguanying, Fengrun, Hebei, “brutally killed soldiers of the Eighth Route Army and used poison gas in an attack to murder about 100 cadres and soldiers of the Eighth Route Army in the caves in Lujiayu” and “cruelly killed 235 Chinese peasants seeking refuge in a village near Lujiayu (cutting open the bellies of pregnant women among them), burned down houses of about 800 households, killed 5captives to be delivered to Yutian, and raped as many as100 women”;
  July 1942: in Fengrun, “burned down civilian houses of around 500 households and brutally killed about 100 Chinese peasants”;
  From September to December 1942: in order to “create depopulated zones, i.e. to force all the residents to move out” of regions including Qian’an and Zunhua, “burned down the houses of over 10,000 households in those regions, forced tens of thousands of people to relocate and also massacred many people”;
  October 1942: “murdered 1,280 peasants in Daizhuang Village, Panjia, Luanxian County in such cruel ways like shooting, bayoneting, slashing and burying alive, and burned down the houses of all 800 households in the village”;
  1942: ordered “to set up comfort stations in all” regions where Japanese troops were stationed and “to lure about 60 Chinese women to serve as comfort women”;
  May 1944: in Xinxiang, Henan, “attacked anti-Japanese guerrilla forces and killed around 10 of their soldiers, burned down about 300 houses in villages close to the battlefield, and killed about 100 Chinese peasants”;
  July 1944: in Fengqiu, Henan, “killed about 40 soldiers of the anti-Japanese guerrilla forces, burned down a neighboring village of about 400 households, and killed about 100 Chinese peasants”;
  August 1944: “attacked and killed about 10 soldiers” of the anti-Japanese troops in Huaiqing, Henan, “burned down farmhouses of about 400 households, and brutally killed some 30 Chinese people”;
  November 1944: “I ordered the infantry to invade the southern part of Linxian County, and, when the troops were pulling out of the region, I ordered the Epidemic Prevention and Water Supply Squad to spread cholera virus in three or four villages. Afterwards, I received a report saying that ‘more than 100 Chinese people in Linxian were infected with cholera, and the death toll was also high’”; after this, in a village in Changlu County, “burned down the houses of around 300 households and killed 660 Chinese peasants of the village in extremely brutal ways like shooting, bayoneting and burning”; “Also during this attack, 30 captives were killed by soldiers under my command.”;
  “In order to test the method of killing people with air injection, I ordered in spring 1945 the division field hospital in Huaiqing to “conduct an experiment, which is to test it on a hospitalized Chinese soldier of the Puppet County Guards with an extremely high price”;
  Spring 1945: “killed about 500 peasants and burned down the houses of all the 600 households” in a village in Huaiqing;
  Around spring 1945: “burned down the houses of around 400 households in villages” near Jiaozuo, and “brutally killed some 100 Chinese peasants”;
  1945: “ordered to set up comfort stations in the regions occupied by the Japanese troops, and lured about 60 Chinese and Korean women to serve as comfort women”;
  Mid-July 1945: “invaded Liquan, and slaughtered about 40 Chinese people”;
  “During the aggression against China”, and “based on my memory alone, 5,470 Chinese people were killed, and the houses of 18,229 Chinese households were burned down or damaged. The actual number (may) be much higher.”

Fujita Shigeru( 藤田茂 )

002.jpg

According to the written confession of Fujita Shigeru in August 1954, he was born in 1889 in Hiroshima Prefecture, Japan and went to Shanxi, China in August 1938 to join the Japanese War of Aggression against China, serving as colonel and commander of the 28th Cavalry Regiment. He took the position of lieutenant general and commander of the 59th Division of the 43rd Army in March 1945. He was captured in Hamhung, the Korean Peninsula in August 1945.
  Major offences:
  August 1938: arrested 6 local inhabitants in Hejin, Shanxi, “interrogated these arrested people through torture and beating, and killed them”;
  November 1938: “searched for and killed most of the inhabitants of Sanluli Village” in Sanluli Village, 40 kilometers to the northeast of Yuncheng, Shanxi;
  Mid-January 1939:in Zhangliang Village, Anyi County, Shanxi, “told all officers, ‘Killing people is a quick way to get soldiers accustomed to the battlefield, as it can test their courage. For this purpose, it is better to use the captives.’ ‘Bayoneting is more effective than shooting.’” In April, in Xiaxian County, “I ordered the commander of the First Squadron…to order 9 soldiers under his command to bayonet to death 9 captives.” On 15 August, in Zezhou, Shanxi, “I ordered the First Squadron and the Second Squadron to take 8 and 9 captives respectively as teaching materials and bayonet those captives to death”;
  From March 1944 to April 1945: “used 74 gas shells (green colored shells)” while serving as commander of the 4th Cavalry Brigade;
  10April 1944: “I called all regiment commanders together at the Brigade Headquarters in Guide and ordered that” “regiment commanders could authorize the use of gas shells. During the battles, 20 gas shells are equipped for each cannon of the cavalry and 10 gas shells for each cannon of the regiment”, and “try to kill captives on the battlefield as far as possible and calculate them into ‘combat achievements’”;
  2 May 1944: “bayoneted 4 captives” in Huangqiwei Village, 10 kilometers southwest to Xuchang, Henan;
  21 May 1944: “shot dead 12 Chinese people (including 1 woman)” in Luoyang, Henan;
  27March 1945: “massacred all inhabitants of about 50 households in a village along the Dengxian County-Laohekou road, which is 200 meters to the north of Zhulinqiao, killing seniors, women, children… and other inhabitants”; “used gas shells during the attack in Maqushan” on the same day;
  9 May1945: “killed many Chinese people” in Shiqiao, 25 kilometers northwest to Yishui, Shandong, and “burned down the entire Shiqiao Village”; in the same month, “ordered the Epidemic Prevention and Water Supply Squad to use cholera virus to fight a germ war during the battles”; “gas shells and gas canisters were used” when attacking the Eighth Route Army in Haoshan; “to prevent soldiers from stepping on land mines placed by the Eighth Route Army, more than ten Chinese people were ordered to lead the way, i.e. to walk in the mine field in front of the troops”;
  June 1945: “maltreated and killed captives in Jinan”, and “over 600 captives of the Jinan Internment Camp who had been forced to build battle positions were bayoneted to death in soldier training after 15 June”;
  “Arrangements after announcement of armistice: I called all squad commanders together on 17 August (1945) and ordered them to do the following: first, to destroy all kinds of documents (to get rid of criminal records of the Japanese imperialism, especially the evidence of cracking down on the Communist Party of China); second, to bury special bombs (gas shells, incendiary ammunition, smoke projectiles, light tracers and some fuse tubes); third, to destroy gas masks … …”

Kamisaka Katsu( 上坂胜 )

003.jpg

According to the written confession of Kamisaka Katsuin July 1954, he was born in 1892 in Oita Prefecture, Japan. He served as deputy battalion chief and battalion chief of the Infantry Regiment in Taiwan with the rank of major and lieutenant colonel respectively from March 1934 to November 1941. He became major general and commander of the 53rd Infantry Brigade of the 59th Division in June 1945. On 20 August 1945, he was captured by the Soviet Army near Hamhung, the Korean Peninsula.

Major offences:

“In February 1942 when I served as commander of the 163rd Infantry Regiment stationed in Baoding, Hebei”, “I arrested or put into jail about 20 Chinese people” and “killed them through beheading, bayoneting, etc.”; “around March”, “for the reason that about 10 meters of rails were removed from the Beijing-Hankou railway between Wangdu Station and Qingfengdian Station”, “more than 10 suspects were arrested and 3 or 4 of them were killed after interrogation and torture”; “around May, a Japanese blockhouse along the railway near Wangdu (about 1 kilometers west to Wangdu) was attacked and destroyed by the Eighth Route Army”, “30 residents were interrogated and tortured, 6 conspirators were killed, and 3 civilian houses close to the blockhouse were burned down”; “around June”, because another Japanese blockhouse in Wangdu was attacked and destroyed by the Eighth Route Army, “many residents were interrogated and tortured, 6 conspirator suspects were killed, and several civilian houses were burned down”;

27 May1942: during the battle in central Hebei, in a place 22 kilometers to the southeast of Dingxian County, Hebei, “I ordered the 1st Battalion to kill over 800 people, including soldiers of the Eighth Route Army and local inhabitants”, and “poison gas in red and green canisters were used; not only soldiers of the Eighth Route Army, but also the local inhabitants who lost their way in the escape, were shot by machine guns. We carried out a mopping up operation in the village and threw poison gas contained in red and green canisters into the tunnel where many local inhabitants hid, suffocating many and killing through shooting, bayoneting and hacking those who could not stand the poison gas and ran out.” “The result of the war” in central Hebei “was the following losses on the Chinese people: around 1,100 people were killed, 10 houses damaged, 3 houses burned down, 450 houses appropriated for 10 days, and 240 Chinese people were forced to build 8 blockhouses (for 10 days)”;

Spring 1943:in the mountainous area in the northwest of Xingtang, Hebei, the 2nd Battalion “killed about 250 people, including soldiers of the Eighth Route Army and residents, and burned down about 50 houses”, and “all troops (vanguard troops as mentioned before) organized residents into detection groups and ordered them to go in front of the troops to detect land mines, killing them in this way”;

May 1944:because one Japanese soldier was missing in Songxian County, Henan, “more than ten residents were arrested, 5 or 6 of them were killed and 12 or 13 houses were burned down”;

June 1945: During “the march from Xichuan to Xixia” in Henan, “we took (I think maybe 50) captives along with the troops. When we got to a place to the south of Doufudian, we felt it increasingly difficult to move forward with these captives, so I ordered that all troops ‘must kill burdensome captives’”, “and all captives were killed”.

Last edited:
One a day,45 days in a roll?

Skeletons in Japan's war closet。

Good job!

Nosuke Sasaki( 佐佐真之助 )

004.jpg

According to the written confession of Nosuke Sasaki from August 1954 to May 1956, he was born in 1893 in Fukuoka Prefecture, Japan. In September 1932, he came to China to join the Japanese War of Aggression against China and served as major and battalion chief of the 3rd Brigade of the 63rd Infantry Regiment of the 10th Division of the Kwantung Army. In July 1945, he became lieutenant general and commander of the 39th Division of the 3rd Front Army of the Kwantung Army. On 23 August 1945, he was arrested by the Soviet Army.

Major offences

October 1932:
“during my garrison duty in Jiamusi”, “about 30 Chinese people were arrested as spy suspects”. “Among them, 15 soldiers and 6 civilians were killed after interrogation with torture.” In a village 10 kilometers to the northeast of Jiamusi”, “damage was made to people in the villages on the battlefield and 5 people were killed under my command”;

August 1940: in Moganshan, Zhejiang, “the battalion under my command inflicted great damage to the soldiers of the Chongqing Army (i.e. the Kuomintang Army, note by the editor) by using poison gas (green colored canisters)”. In October in Zhuji, Zhejiang, “about 600 soldiers of Chongqing Army were killed, and among them, 40 had been seriously wounded in combat or taken as captives. This crime was due to my daily instruction that the captives should be killed. All the battalions used poison gas (green colored canisters) in the battles to do great damage to the Chongqing Army soldiers”;

January 1941: in Hangzhou, Zhejiang, the First Battalion under his command “arrested about 20 spy suspects and around 7 of them were killed after interrogation with torture”; the Second Battalion “arrested about 20 spy suspects and around 9 of them were killed after interrogation with torture”; and the Third Battalion “arrested about 25 spy suspects and around 8 of them were killed after interrogation with torture”;

December 1943: in “Ambon Island, Dutch East Indies”, “ forced more than 10 Indonesian women to work in a comfort station to serve Japanese soldiers, which was a gross insult to the Indonesian women”;

June 1944: in the battles from Jinhua to Quzhou, Zhejiang, “killed about 50 people”;

From December 1944 to May 1945: in Hubei, “arrested about 90 spy suspects of the Anti-Japanese Army and anti-Japanese groups, killing about 30 of them through interrogation with torture”, and “in the Propaganda Team of the Infantry Regiment, we made deceptive propaganda for the Chinese people, and maltreated them in practice , killing about 6 people”. In Dangyang, Hubei, “for the majority of the people who rose in a just act against the aggression, about 20 of them were killed through beating and torture”. “To teach Japanese soldiers how to use bayonets and swords, 5 captives were brutally killed”. “When the Division is stationed in Hubei, an existing Japanese-run comfort station in Dangyang was used to serve the Japanese soldiers. The Division supported the operation of this comfort station. There were over ten Chinese women in the comfort station, who were subject to hardship by the war of aggression waged by the Japanese imperialists and forced to come here and work in this humiliating business. I think there were similar comfort stations in Yichang and Jingmen”;

January 1945: in Dangyang, Hubei, “We killed around 5 captives”. “When the Division gathered all the officers in Dangyang and conducted the poison gas training, 2 captives were sent to the gas chamber to test the gas effect. The Medical Department of the Division then put another 4 captives into the gas chamber for the gas effect test. All of them were eventually killed by the poison gas”;

February 1945: “we killed about 15 innocent Chinese people” in Mashantun, to the northwest of Shashi, Hubei;

March 1945: during the battles in Xiangfan, Hubei, “killed about 3,500 soldiers of the Chongqing Army (including some captives)”, “killed about 200 Chinese people”, “raped approximately 50 Chinese women” and “burned down houses of about 200 households”; “In order to conceal the combat intention of the Division”, “stopped 3 people from passing through and killed them, besides, on other village roads, arrested and tortured people, and killed over ten people”; “during the battles in Nanzhang, found 2 wounded soldiers of the Chongqing Army carried on stretchers by 4 Chinese people, then killed the two wounded soldiers and shot dead the 4 men when they tried to escape”; “during the battles, all infantry forces used poison gas and the artillery launched gas shells to cause damage to the Chongqing Army”;

In addition:

From September to December 1932:
“killing people: approximately 35 people in battles and 8 in normal times, totaling about 43”;

From March 1934 to December 1934: “killing people: about 10 people”;

From March 1936 to May 1937: “killing people: about 7 people”;

From March 1940 to March 1941: “killing people: about 3 people in battles and 24 in normal
times, totaling about 27”; “raping women: one woman in normal times”;

From December 1942 to January 1944: “killing people: approximately 3 in battles and 21 in normal times (wounding about 15 in addition), totaling about 24”; “abused women (comfort station): more than 10 women”;

From February to November 1944: “killing people: approximately 50 in battles; 2 in normal times”; “raping women: one woman”;

From December 1944 to August 1945: “killing captives: approximately 6 in battles, about 5 in normal times for bayonet teaching, 6 for poison gas training and 5 for other purposes, totaling about 22”; “killing people: approximately 204 in battles” and “65 in normal times”, “totaling about 269”; “raping women: about 50 (estimated figure) in battles” and “17 in normal times (including comfort station)”, “totaling about 67”.

Tsutomu Nagashima(长岛勤)

005.jpg

According to the written confession of Tsutomu Nagashima in May 1955, he was born in Saitama Prefecture, Japan in 1888. He came to China in December 1938 and served as a special agent in Central China Expeditionary Army. He became commander of the 54th Brigade of the 59th Division of the Japanese Army in April 1942. From June 1943 to April 1945, he was concurrently defense commander of Jinan City. He was arrested by the Soviet Army on 22 August 1945 in Hamhung, the Korean Peninsula.

Major offences:

From May to June 1942: in Shandong, commanding his forces in the “Tai’an-Laiwu-Mengyin Battles”, “killing: 40 anti-Japanese soldiers and 20 civilians, burning down and damaging more than 100 civilian houses”;

Mid-May 1943: commanding the forces to fight in the “Central Shandong Battles”, “resulted in killing 130 anti-Japanese soldiers and 20 civilians, arresting 380 anti-Japanese soldiers and burning down and damaging more than 20 civilian houses”;

June 1943: commanding the forces to fight in the “Donglindao Battles” (to the north of Liaocheng County), “resulted in killing 60 anti-Japanese soldiers, 30 civilians and 250 captives”;
From July to August 1943: commanding the forces to fight in the “Summer 1943 South Tai-hang Mountains Battles”, “resulted in killing 40 anti-Japanese soldiers and 30 civilians, taking 30 prisoners”;

September 1943: commanding the forces to fight in the “Three Churches Battles” (Yucheng, Jiyang and Linyi), “resulted in killing 60 anti-Japanese soldiers and over 10 civilians”;

From mid-November to early December 1943: commanding the forces to fight in “Autumn 1943 Central and Northern Shandong Battles”, “result: killing over 30 anti-Japanese soldiers and more than 10 civilians; burning down 2 military camps and over 300 civilian houses”; and “plundering over 300 tons of grain”;

From March to April 1944: commanding the forces to fight in the “Spring 1944 Communist Suppression Battles” (Laiwu, Changqing, Licheng, Qihe and Zhangqiu), “resulted in killing 210 anti-Japanese soldiers and 70 civilians, and burning down 300 civilian houses”;

From June to July 1944 commanding the forces to fight in the “Summer 1944 Shandong Battles”, “resulted in killing 270 anti-Japanese soldiers and 160 civilians, and plundering 5,700 tons of wheat”;

From August to September 1944: commanding the forces to fight in the “Summer 1944 Shandong Battles”, “result: killing 120 anti-Japanese soldiers and 70 civilians, arresting 250 civilians and plundering more than 1,000 baskets of peanut oil”;

From September to December 1944: commanding the forces to fight in the “Autumn 1944 Shandong Battles”, “resulted in killing 190 anti-Japanese soldiers and 110 civilians, burning down more than 200 civilian houses”;

From January to March1945:commanding the forces to fight in the “Spring 1945 Shandong Battles”, “result: killing 410 anti-Japanese soldiers and 230 civilians, damaging and burning down more than 300 civilian houses”;

May 1945: commanding the forces to fight in the “No.1 Xiuling Battles”, “resulted in killing 80 anti-Japanese soldiers and 210 civilians, burning down and damaging more than 1,000 civilian houses”;

From April 1942 to July 1945: “conducted 15 battles of all scales, killing 1,660 anti-Japanese soldiers and 970 civilians, burning down over 2,220 civilian houses, arresting 970 anti-Japanese soldiers and 250 civilians, plundering 6,000 tons of grain, forcing labors to work for 120,000 work days”; “Besides shooting, other extremely cruel killing methods such as bayoneting, hacking, beheading, exploding, burning, hanging and sending to gas chamber were also used during the battles, and captives were often killed too. In early February 1945, under my command, the 111th Battalion killed 7 wounded captives with bayonets in an attack in Majiahaizi, Dong’e County. In July 1942, the 110th Battalion killed 15 civilians, old people and children, by gas shells in Jiudingshan, Laiwu County.”

Kenjirō Funaki(船木健次郎)

006.jpg

According to the written confession of Kenjirō Funakifrom May to June 1954, he was born in Toyama Prefecture, Japan in 1897. He went to northeast China in December 1937 and served as major and battalion commander of the 4th Frontier-Guard Infantry. He returned to Japan in August 1943 and later went to the Korean Peninsula. He became colonel and commander of the 375th Regiment of the 137th Division in June 1945. He was captured by the Soviet Army on 15 August 1945.

Major offences:

“There were several cases when my battalion was instructed by the division commander to destroy the villages. The exact year, month, date or place could not be remembered. One village was about 15 kilometers to the south of Dongzhaitang and had about 15 households; another village was 20 kilometers to the southwest of Dongzhaitang and had around 15 households; and the third was 20 to 30 kilometers to the northwest of Dongzhaitang and had about 15 households”;

“In August 1941, in a brigade battle to the southwest of Wanping County”, “the reserve forces burnt down a village (about 45 kilometers southwest to Dongzhaitang) which had about 15 households as I remember”;

“In April 1943, in a brigade battle to the south of Wanping County”, “the reserve forces burnt down several villages (about 60 kilometers to the southwest of Dongzhaitang) in that area”;

“About enslaving local residents”, “I remember 6 positions with the capacity of holding 7 to 20 guards each were built, for which 1,500 person-time were needed. Also to consolidate the existing positions in about three places from Dongzhaitang as I recall, 1,000 person-time was needed.” “To build the ‘interception trench’ for the purpose of economic blockade”, “about 15 kilometers of the trench was actually built, for which 1,000 to 2,000 labors were needed every day in about one month”;

“As for the use of poison gas, our battalion was not issued the poison gas, but was issued the red colored canisters. I think it was in 1942. When the Brigade Armament Department issued them, a Battalion Armament Department officer told me that the red colored canisters were categorized as poison gas weapons. I do not remember the exact number of the red colored canisters issued. I think they were evenly distributed among the companies. I do not remember the details of how each company used it.”

The consequences of war, especially the brutality seen in war is beyond words. However, far more Chinese died during the Cultural Revolution and the famine that resulted from such revolution, than in the Second Sino Japanese War. The same in Soviet History; more Russians died by the policies of Stalin than by the Nazi invasion.

But do we see the vilification of Mao Zedong's cultural warfare? The subsequent loss of cultural artifacts, temples in China? Nay, he has practically been pseudo-deified by the State.

Just a perspective, if I may.

My grandfather told me, back when Japanese invaded Indonesia, they chop people's head like a tofu..
Chinese or native are just the same for them..

And the most fav place for Japanese to chop people head is on the side of the river.
The river turn into red because too many people died...

Dutch invaded Indonesia for 300 years, yet they brutality can't match Japanese brutality..
I'm glad modern japan a lot civilized and we hope they can manage that way...

The consequences of war, especially the brutality seen in war is beyond words. However, far more Chinese died during the Cultural Revolution and the famine that resulted from such revolution, than in the Second Sino Japanese War. The same in Soviet History; more Russians died by the policies of Stalin than by the Nazi invasion.

But do we see the vilification of Mao Zedong's cultural warfare? The subsequent loss of cultural artifacts, temples in China? Nay, he has practically been pseudo-deified by the State.

I'm agree... And I hope both country japan and china can learn from history...

But for Mao Zedong cultural warfare, that's the biggest mistake Mao ever made.. But yet, without him there is no china. Mao united china and become the foundation of china today we seen

Last edited:
My grandfather told me, back when Japanese invaded Indonesia, they chop people's head like a tofu..
Chinese or native are just the same for them..

And the most fav place for Japanese to chop people head is on the side of the river.
The river turn into red because too many people died...

Dutch invaded Indonesia for 300 years, yet they brutality can't match Japanese brutality..
I'm glad modern japan a lot civilized and we hope they can manage that way...

Japan was in a state of war during this time. In the Pacific Theater, the Imperial Japanese Armed Forces were at war with the British, Americans, French, Dutch, Chinese et al. The total expanse of battles in the air, sea and ground resulted in offsets in communication, and the lack of reports of excessive brutality on military and civilians -- was grievously unfortunate. In the persecution of war , many humanitarian travesties were done to the native peoples in Asia by the Imperial Japanese Army.

We recognize the travesty of the past.

Japan has not forgotten of her pledge to never again commit such travesties. This is why we are working together with responsible powers in Asia - Pacific to ensure peace and stability in the region.

Xie Xie, Em Goi, Kap Kun Krap, Salamat Po, Terima Kasi , Salamet Dateng.

Arigadou Gozaimasu

Japan was in a state of war during this time. In the Pacific Theater, the Imperial Japanese Armed Forces were at war with the British, Americans, French, Dutch, Chinese et al. The total expanse of battles in the air, sea and ground resulted in offsets in communication, and the lack of reports of excessive brutality on military and civilians -- was grievously unfortunate. In the persecution of war , many humanitarian travesties were done to the native peoples in Asia by the Imperial Japanese Army.

We recognize the travesty of the past.

Japan has not forgotten of her pledge to never again commit such travesties. This is why we are working together with responsible powers in Asia - Pacific to ensure peace and stability in the region.

Xie Xie, Em Goi, Kap Kun Krap, Salamat Po, Terima Kasi , Salamet Dateng.

Arigadou Gozaimasu

While PRC always tell Japan to apologize for her war crime, she never apologize for the crime of communist party. In fact, no just Mao Zedong but the entire communist party commit crime against humanity.

The top 4 responsible for all death are

1) Mao Zedong
2) Liu Shaoqi
3) Deng Xiaoping
4) Zhou Enlai

Deng Xiaoping was the boss of anti-rightist purge, that brought harm to the entire soul of China. 反右

I seen this perspective many times, it's not really a valid comparison. What Mao did was wrong, and really there is no justification. But he is Chinese, just like your mom can smack you around, but if I so much as pushes you, I'm sure your mom would kill me.

He is not seen in the same light, because he is one of us, the same reasoning is also how CCP and Nationalist can band together during WW2, despite a history of animosity that far out strips anything the Japanese did to them at that point.

Napoleon is seen as a hero in France, since Abe is visiting the war criminals in the shrine I'm sure he considers them heroes, but remember 2 million + Japanese also died because of some of those people. Why are they forgiven when all China did was move a few boats near the furthest of disputed territory, why are Americans forgiven for dropping the A bomb.

Is it not because America is an ally now and those generals and statesmen are Japanese? In other words your people.

But let's disregard all of that. Japan did do what Japan did, Mao did what Mao did. Neither is right, but just because one doesn't apologize doesn't mean the other also don't need to.

If you think Japan has apologized enough and everything should return to normal, then do that, why revisit the topic? Move on. Why visit the shrine, regardless of how you think it means, why poke the bear when it doesn't need to be poked.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom