What's new

Japanese style democracy for Asia

It's been democratic for just as long as Germany has.

Even Germany is not democratic, we are a republic with limited democratic principles in practice (albeit waning). Nowhere in our Basic Law is the word democracy or democratic mentioned.

BTW, democratic or not, it means bullocks if your country is just a vassal of someone else.

Last edited:
Even Germany is not democratic, we are a republic with limited democratic principles in practice (albeit waning). Nowhere in our Basic Law is the word democracy or democratic mentioned.

BTW, democratic or not, it means bullocks if your country is just a vassal of someone else.
I've spent a good deal of time in your country, and have travelled and worked in countries all over the world and I can safely say that Germany is most certainly a democracy as well as a federal republic, just as my country is. The two are in no way mutually exclusive terms.

I want to say a truth,Japan is not a democratic country.

I want to say a truth,Japan is not a democratic country.

1. Individual rights, (freedom of religion, freedom of thought, freedom of movement, freedom of speech, etc.) enshrined in law. Yes.

2. Constitutional limits on government power with checks and balances. Yes.

3. Regular elections which are open to a variety of parties, opinions and candidates, with guarantees of fair elections practices. Government authority based in a freely elected parliment. Yes.

4. Respect for private property and an independent judiciary. Yes.

5. A vigorous and independent free press to help insure government accountability, no censorship of the internet, etc. Yes.

I could go on with a few more, but they seems to have fulfilled all the basic requirements of a democracy.

1. Individual rights, (freedom of religion, freedom of thought, freedom of movement, freedom of speech, etc.) enshrined in law. Yes.

2. Constitutional limits on government power with checks and balances. Yes.

3. Regular elections which are open to a variety of parties, opinions and candidates, with guarantees of fair elections practices. Government authority based in a freely elected parliment. Yes.

4. Respect for private property and an independent judiciary. Yes.

5. A vigorous and independent free press to help insure government accountability, no censorship of the internet, etc. Yes.

I could go on with a few more, but they seems to have fulfilled all the basic requirements of a democracy.

In fact is not the case. You might say that is an essential element of democrac.You can see the effects of poor implementation.
These defenseless in the face of specific events.Article 9 of the Japanese Constitution is easily bypassed.

In fact is not the case. You might say that is an essential element of democrac.You can see the effects of poor implementation.
These defenseless in the face of specific events.Article 9 of the Japanese Constitution is easily bypassed.
How does that make Japan NOT a democracy? Art. 9, btw, really needs to be democratically reascended.

I've spent a good deal of time in your country, and have travelled and worked in countries all over the world and I can safely say that Germany is most certainly a democracy as well as a federal republic, just as my country is. The two are in no way mutually exclusive terms.

I think you don't know much what democracy really means. I suggest you to do more research on it.

What you think is democracy is nothing more than a degree of liberty that our socioeconomic condition allows the lifestyle we have and that the ruling class gives to the masses. Now, as the economy is not doing well, you see how that liberty is being curtailed, e.g. Stasi-like surveillance, brutal suppression of dissent (Occupy Wall Street), etc.

I think you don't know much what democracy really means. I suggest you to do more research on it.

What you think is democracy is nothing more than a degree of liberty that our socioeconomic condition allows the lifestyle we have and that the ruling class gives to the masses. Now, as the economy is not doing well, you see how that liberty is being curtailed, e.g. Stasi-like surveillance, brutal suppression of dissent (Occupy Wall Street), etc.
No, I'm thinking your definition of democracy is probably unrecognisable to most Germans, other Europeans, Americans, Canadians, etc.

brutal suppression of dissent (Occupy Wall Street)
This alone, is evidence of that. Brutal? As in they are sent to concentration camps? "Disappeared"? Broken in endless torture sessions? Ah....no. More like they are not allowed to trespass on private property and destroy private property, disrupt traffic, close down businesses, intimidate bystanders, etc. and will be arrested and tried for those crimes and manhandled and pepper-sprayed for disobeying the lawful orders of the police. Something tells me though that you equate these justified law enforcement actions as..."brutal oppression!" :lol:

No, I'm thinking your definition of democracy is probably unrecognisable to most Germans, other Europeans, Americans, Canadians, etc.

That is because most have been brainwashed to think that it's democracy. You are a perfect victim for Goebbels.

Search academic works and see what democracy really means. What we have are certain principles of democracy that's being practiced but certainly not democracy. You can even look up in your constitution and compare to the origin meaning of democracy and you'll see the huge discrepancy.

This alone, is evidence of that. Brutal? As in they are sent to concentration camps? "Disappeared"? Broken in endless torture sessions? Ah....no. More like they are not allowed to trespass on private property and destroy private property, disrupt traffic, close down businesses, intimidate bystanders, etc. and will be arrested and tried for those crimes and manhandled and pepper-sprayed for disobeying the lawful orders of the police. Something tells me though that you equate these justified law enforcement actions as..."brutal oppression!" :lol:

Straw man argument.

Packing out of democracy,But democracy does not require packaging.If democracy no effect,So why do you want democracy?

That is because most have been brainwashed to think that it's democracy. You are a perfect victim for Goebbels.
Riiiight! :cheesy:

No, I just a have a conventional definition of democracy but I can guess what yours is, i.e., "the majority won't vote they way I believe therefore the system must be rigged and/or the people must be "brainwashed", because in my arrogance, I cannot possibly imagine that they just might disagree with my world view. "

Yah, I am familiar with this reasoning. :azn: I also think that you should look up the definition of what a "straw man" fallacy is as well. I gave a direct and pertinent answer to a direct statement you had made. There was nothing "straw man" about it.

Last edited:

No, I just a have a conventional definition of democracy but I can guess what yours is, i.e., "the majority won't vote they way I believe therefore the system must be rigged and/or the people must be "brainwashed", because in my arrogance, I cannot possibly imagine that they just might disagree with my world view. "

Yah, I am familiar with this reasoning. :azn: I also think that you should look up the definition of what a "straw man" fallacy is as well. I gave a direct and pertinent answer to a direct statement you had made. There was nothing "straw man" about it.
What about Lobbying. Doesn't that make the whole process kind of a joke.

What about Lobbying. Doesn't that make the whole process kind of a joke.
Lobbying? No. Corrupt and Illegal practices? Yes. Lobbying is just the organized use of free speech and the right to petition one's government. I support various lobbying efforts in order influence legislation. That is what democracy is all about.

There is no such thing as conventional definition. If it's democracy, it's democracy, if not, it's not.

Of course it's a straw man argument, you justify a breach of law by bringing up another more horrible crime.

It's also so handy to omit my point about the Stasi-like mass surveillance.

Back
Top Bottom