What's new

Young Japanese scholars head to China for stable, independent jobs

I heard of it, export-oriented.
But it doesn't mean having trade deficit will hamper growth.
Did you ever see any poor country developing into rich country by registering yearly huge trade deficit?

Evidently, China can still run trade deficit and still has growth.
Occasionall, but not consistently

微信图片_20221017125527.png

Did you ever see any poor country developing into rich country by registering yearly huge trade deficit?

View attachment 887209
I would say Japan, Korea and China because their deficit years didn't stop their GDP , but developed country is a tricky terms. Officially, Korea and China aren't even "developed" yet.

And yes, it does show that countries can still grow their GDP despite trade deficit, hell, 2012 deficit China has higher GDP growth than recent China.

Last edited:
I would say Japan, Korea and China because their deficit years didn't stop their GDP , but developed country is a tricky terms. Officially, Korea and China aren't even "developed" yet.

hell, 2012 deficit China has higher GDP growth than recent China.

Japan, Korea and China were poor developing countries until they become developed countries despite their deficit years, or at least high-tier developing countries.

Japan, Korea and China were poor developing countries until they become developed countries despite their deficit years, or at least high-tier developing countries.
We had occasional deficit , but not consistently, we all had consistent trade surplus during our fast growth period. you are just in denial, you know it 's true.

We had occasional deficit , but not consistently, we all had consistent trade surplus during our fast growth period. you are just in denial, you know it 's true.
Again, it's not true, the occasional deficit are still deficits, and during those periods, growth were higher than today.

India is now in that development phase, I'm not sure why you are acting like this when India's GDP itself grows despite the deficit, and even faster than China.

the occasional deficit are still deficits,
You are impossible, time will tell, good luck India becomes a developed country with year on year massive trade deficit, you are just arguing for the sake of argueing, it's pointless.

You are impossible, time will tell, good luck India becomes a developed country with year on year massive trade deficit, you are just arguing for the sake of argueing, it's pointless.
I'm arguing with real GDP stats bro.
But OK, cool.

I'm arguing with real GDP stats bro.
But OK, cool.
Real GDP? do you have common sense? for a poor country, consistent deficit means your manufacturing sector is no match for foreign competitors and have to buy from others, manufacturing is the key for big population countries cause they provide jobs and money for the public, India also has 1.4 billion people, if the country goes on like this, where jobs and wealth would come from?

Real GDP? do you have common sense? for a poor country, consistent deficit means your manufacturing sector is no match for foreign competitors and have to buy from others, manufacturing is the key for big population countries cause they provide jobs and money for the public, India also has 1.4 billion people, if the country goes on like this, where jobs and wealth would come from?
Yes, by real GDP.
India's GDP grows is 8.3% in 2021, despite the deficit:

China's growth in GDP is 8.1% in 2021, with no deficit:

Yes, by real GDP.
India's GDP grows is 8.3% in 2021, despite the deficit:

China's growth in GDP is 8.1% in 2021, with no deficit:
Can you answer my question? for a poor country, consistent deficit means your manufacturing sector is no match for foreign competitors and have to buy from others, manufacturing is the key for big population countries cause they provide jobs and money for the public, India also has 1.4 billion people, if the country goes on like this, where jobs and wealth would come from?

Can you answer my question? for a poor country, consistent deficit means your manufacturing sector is no match for foreign competitors and have to buy from others, manufacturing is the key for big population countries cause they provide jobs and money for the public, India also has 1.4 billion people, if the country goes on like this, where jobs and wealth would come from?
China started out like this too, buying equipment from Japan, Germany and Taiwan. In fact, the highest growth ever for China was in the 1970, when China was in deficit and still importing foods and most machinery for making factories.

It all depends on what you buy, what you can make, and the state policies to promote industrilization.

India is getting better and growing fast despite the deficit, just like China back then.

China started out like this too, buying equipment from Japan, Germany and Taiwan. In fact, the highest growth ever for China was in the 1970, when China was in deficit and still importing foods and most machinery for making factories.
China's fastest growth period was after join WTO, in 2001,and the country had consistent trade surplus afterwards. China didn't have high growth in 1970's. before China's open up to the world market, we were like India depending on our own market and the country was stuck in poverty for decades.

ChinaLeaders.1569213482463.PNG

China's fastest growth period was after join WTO, in 2001,and the country had consistent trade surplus consistently. China didn't have high growth in 1970's. before China's open up to the world market, we were like India depending on our own market and the country was stuck in poverty for decades.

ChinaLeaders.1569213482463.PNG
China's highest growth ever were in 1953 and 1970 at 21% and 19%, respectively.

China's highest growth ever were in 1953 and 1970 at 21% and 19%, respectively.
1953 China just came out of a century's war, when you are bottom low, the only way is up. just tell me, you have to see the consistency, not some individual exceptions. India's manufaturing index is not going up, this is it's inherent flaw in its economy, where the country can find good paying jobs for it 1.4 billion people without a robust manufacturing and exports?

This is consistency, after China joined WTO in 2001 under Hu's administration

微信图片_20221017170631.png

Back
Top Bottom