What's new

Japanese Emperor coming to India this month

Srinivas

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Japanese Emperor coming to India this month
The Emperor and Empress of Japan will arrive in Delhi on November 30 and reach Chennai on December 4, the Embassy of Japan announced here on Thursday.

During their stay in the national capital, the visiting dignitaries will not only meet the President and Prime Minister but also meet the local people and Japanese expatriates.

In Chennai, the Emperor and Empresses will visit the Kalakshetra Foundation and the Spastic Society of Tamil Nadu apart from a meeting with the Tamil Nadu Governor.

Japanese Emperor coming to India this month | Business Line

Indian- Japanese ties are scaling new heights because of geo political convergence of both countries on multiple issues

If India extends its hand for China, Japan starts knocking our door. Well I think Japan is a good alternative for China.

Anyways :welcome:

Hope no gaffe occurs, Japanese emperor is very highly regarded in their nation

I wonder if the enthusiasm this time will match that for Queen Elizabeth's state visit in 1961? I'm sure there's no excitement in India like the excitement and reverence of hailing the monarch.
The Japanese emperor is just a foreign emperor. QE II is pretty much empress of India. Or would have been is Indians want what is best for their country.

The Japanese emperor is just a foreign emperor. QE II is pretty much empress of India. Or would have been is Indians want what is best for their country.

She wasn't in 1961. So the Japanese Emperor should receive no less respect. I hope Sonia Gandhi won't feel overshadowed by him - there can only be one foreign monarch in the Indian public's eye.

She wasn't in 1961. So the Japanese Emperor should receive no less respect. I hope Sonia Gandhi won't feel overshadowed by him - there can only be one foreign monarch in the Indian public's eye.

Sonia is the ruler of India. The Japanese emperor is just her equal.

I wonder if the enthusiasm this time will match that for Queen Elizabeth's state visit in 1961? I'm sure there's no excitement in India like the excitement and reverence of hailing the monarch.
I think the excitement would be slightly less than it would be for Chinese citizen for a probable visit by say Queen Elizabeth to Summer Palace or may sometime in future, for the Japanese emperor to visit to Shichi-san-ichi butai or stroll through Nanking :angel: 
Sonia is the ruler of India. The Japanese emperor is just her equal.
She may when India becomes a monarchy.

I think the excitement would be slightly less than it would be for Chinese citizen for a probable visit by say Queen Elizabeth to Summer Palace or may sometime in future, for the Japanese emperor to visit to Shichi-san-ichi butai or stroll through Nanking :angel: 

Cameron's recent visit suggests otherwise. Koh-i-Noor is still set in the Crown of Queen Elizabeth, Indians are definitely more excited. It brings back 200 years of British India memories.

Last edited:
There's a lot of significance Japanese leaders hold to which country their emperor visits - it's kind of a way of ceremonial cementing of ties -

as to all the chinese posters above - we surely understand your butt hurting about this - we know you lot don't have quite a happy history with the Japanese as to what chinese went through at the hands of the japanese - but you can thank the pre independence Indian army for a part it played in rescuing your asses in the world war.

We understand the butthurt of Indians regarding this since the burning of the Summer Palace was prompted by the torture and execution of a delegation - which included the Indian slaves of the British diplomats.

Old Summer Palace - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There's a lot of significance Japanese leaders hold to which country their emperor visits - it's kind of a way of ceremonial cementing of ties -

as to all the chinese posters above - we surely understand your butt hurting about this - we know you lot don't have quite a happy history with the Japanese as to what chinese went through at the hands of the japanese - but you can thank the pre independence Indian army for a part it played in rescuing your asses in the world war.

This is how pre-independence Indian army was regarded in China-

From Tokio Through Manchuria with the Japanese - Louis Livingston Seaman - Google Books

In January, 1900, during the Boxer campaign (and the Hunghutzes were all Boxers in those days) I chanced to be on the Great Wall of China at Shan-HaiKwan, when a party of five sikhs, with two coolies and a cart, went through a gateway on a foraging expedition for wood. Shortly after one of the coolies rushed back, so frightened he could hardly articulate, and reported that a party of mounted Hung-hutzes had swooped down on the sikhs, who had carelessly neglected to take their arms, and had carried them off and stolen their ponies. The coolies had escaped by hiding in a near-by nullah.

It was " boots and saddles," and in less time than one can write it, the Royal Bengal Lancers, Beluchis, and Gourkas were swarming over the hills in a vain hunt for their comrades and the Boxers. But they were late. Several hours after, they came upon the scene of torture. All was over. There remained only the mutilated remains of their companions and the inhuman instrument that had accomplished its deadly work.

The death instrument was a sort of iron cage, about eight feet high, made of rods fastened to a small ring at the base, resembling somewhat the steel frame of an umbrella on an enlarged scale. The rods were closed round the victim much as they are round the handle of a closed umbrella, and a rudely constructed nut or screw at the top forced them tightly together. In this infernal device the unfortunate sikhs had been forced, one after another, and as the screw was tightened and the flesh of the victim protruded between the bars, these fiends had sliced it off with their swords until the end came, and it came quickly.

You mean you can thank the Chinese for sending some help to India.
Burma Campaign - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
China Burma India Theater - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom