What's new

Japanese ate Indian PoWs, used them as live targets in WWII

Could press the real thanks button too, you know
dude.png

This is a long time ago, and Japan isnt the same or the Japanese empire anymore.

They have changed and introduced to the world -

3874986-9897779463-Pikac.png

Japanese were truly animals back then,it‘s a shame they claim to be decedents of chinese civilization...

I guess we should thank americans for their effort to further civilize them.

British India may have been bad, but it would be nothing compared to Japanese rule over India. Very glad America nuked these bastards, humiliated them and made them produce Mario and Donkey Kong for American kids.

this ( Tessa Morris-Suzuki, "Post-War Warriors: Japanese Combatants in the Korean War  戦後の軍人−−朝鮮戦争で戦った日本人戦士" ) gives details about that involvement... it is a long article so didn't read it much.

you are right, but my general point was of now... being a nato member surely cannot get a military to call itself "defense force".

Hmm...there is evidence from this article that Japanese citizens fought in Korea.

It looks like the ex-Imperial Navy was recruited for minesweeping or supply transport.

However as for the Army it isn't like the US called upon former Japanese Army brigades to be sent.
It sounds like when trying to recruit ethnic Koreans in Japan as interpreters/guides some Japanese slipped in.
You have to keep in mind that after WW2 people were in a dire situation financially, So survival was more of a priority than something sinister.

you are right, but my general point was of now... being a nato member surely cannot get a military to call itself "defense force".

Japan not a NATO member.

You didn't finish reading the artical, right?
If you finished, you would already find the source at the end~
And don't you know how to use google, like at all?
it came form the TOI but from where they got the story?

Hmm...there is evidence from this article that Japanese citizens fought in Korea.

It looks like the ex-Imperial Navy was recruited for minesweeping or supply transport.

okay.

However as for the Army it isn't like the US called upon former Japanese Army brigades to be sent.
It sounds like when trying to recruit ethnic Koreans in Japan as interpreters/guides some Japanese slipped in.

ah.

You have to keep in mind that after WW2 people were in a dire situation financially, So survival was more of a priority than something sinister.

hmm...

Japan not a NATO member.

well, even australia and india aren't, but their militaries are de facto members, yes??

indian army participated in korea war ( medical unit, which of course would have been in combat ) and down to almost sending of 17,000 indian army soldiers to iraq in 2003 in support of usa/british operations.

Learn the history, not learn the hate. See us Viet, we look foward future and put the past a side because keep looking back the past will not able to move foward. Be it, Japanese, French, American once was enemies but now good friends. Evolution what this mean.

Yeah, you guys have evolved from jungle guerrillas into special American buttboys.

Only if the amreicans and the british had released the information about the atrocities committed by the Japanese----the japanese nation would have been no more-----.

I believe that was one of the part of Bargain for Japanese Surrender

It might have been a pleasure to associate Indians to WWII or to suit Jap taste...

Dear friend...do you really want an honest answer...I already mentioned in many of my posts earlier...If ever culturally, India or Indian would be at comfort zone apart from South Asia, this is China or any Buddhist nation...We do not have as such any so much of hatred or dislike for China...But being a superior power, and the way you support Pakistan, it does not give us much choice rather than to allign with any one who can allign with our interest...Our interest as such does not conflict with China,..Even if you ask 10 people in India, i do not think they are so much concerned or worried about China rising to the top or being a global super power...But the your association with Pakistan, is the factor that Indian always feel concerned about China...So as long as your interest and priority is alligned with Pakistan...till that point, India is ready to accept all the lesser evil who can allign with us...

"the way you support Pakistan, it does not give us much choice rather than to allign with any one who can allign with our interest...Our interest as such does not conflict with China,"

You are all mouths( it's Chinish, means shameless sophism).

I think the regional story can be back to 1950's.

1. In 1950's the PRC and ROI were both newly established country, with similar experiences suffered from west invasion/colony. So at that time, China govt decided to cooperate with India, Indonesia to build a peace, nonalignment developing region, this is the background of Bandung Conference. China actively advised to solve China-India territorial disputes, and provided proposal.(Aksai Chin--South Tibet package plan). The Indian not only refused the proposal, but also sold out the Bandung Conference result, invited, cooperated the CIA to meddle into China southwest, kidnapped Dalai Lama, since the end of 1950's, started to directly invade China. This broke out 1962 war. China govt used the short period chance of Cuba Missile Crisis to fight back India steps.

2. At the same time, the India invaded Kashmir and broke out several wars with Pakistan because of Kashmir. In this case, China govt changed policy and started to support Parkistan. This continue till nowadays. ( you don't forget, in 1950's Parkistan was still pro America's anti-China camp.) It's the agreesive India push China and Parkistan together, and you don't need to dream China will change this policy. As long as China-India, Parkistan-India has territorial disputes, China will always firmly cooperate with Parkitan.

3. China govt made 2 mistakes in South Asia, the 1st one, seriously wrong judgement of India strategy; 2nd one, serious under-estimated the Indian ambition.

You have your reason to beleive what is true for you...I have my reason to believe mine...I am not here countering your point not expecting that you will agree to me. I thought to convey my thoughts...which i already did it.

"the way you support Pakistan, it does not give us much choice rather than to allign with any one who can allign with our interest...Our interest as such does not conflict with China,"

1. In 1950's the PRC and ROI were both newly established country, with similar experiences suffered from west invasion/colony. So at that time, China govt decided to cooperate with India, Indonesia to build a peace, nonalignment developing region, this is the background of Bandung Conference. China actively advised to solve China-India territorial disputes, and provided proposal.(Aksai Chin--South Tibet package plan). The Indian not only refused the proposal, but also sold out the Bandung Conference result, invited, cooperated the CIA to meddle into China southwest, kidnapped Dalai Lama, since the end of 1950's, started to directly invade China. This broke out 1962 war. China govt used the short period chance of Cuba Missile Crisis to fight back India steps.

2. At the same time, the India invaded Kashmir and broke out several wars with Pakistan because of Kashmir. In this case, China govt changed policy and started to support Parkistan. This continue till nowadays. ( you don't forget, in 1950's Parkistan was still pro America's anti-China camp.) It's the agreesive India push China and Parkistan together, and you don't need to dream China will change this policy. As long as China-India, Parkistan-India has territorial disputes, China will always firmly cooperate with Parkitan.

3. China govt made 2 mistakes in South Asia, the 1st one, seriously wrong judgement of India strategy; 2nd one, serious under-estimated the Indian ambition.

BS,all the Indo-Pak wars against India were started by Pakistan

Back
Top Bottom