What's new

Japanese ate Indian PoWs, used them as live targets in WWII

Somebody is sure not happy with growing Indo-Japanese ties....timing of the article just before modi's japan visit just adds to the suspicion. :lol:

This is correct. The Japanese did carry out horrible atrocities during WW-2 on innocent victims and POWs.

The "allies" were not far behind either. We need to look to the future in this relationship.

This is correct. The Japanese did carry out horrible atrocities during WW-2 on innocent victims and POWs.

The "allies" were not far behind either. We need to look to the future in this relationship.
Yes they might have. The article tries to show as if they did this to Indians specifically! They were imperial at that time but now, they are mostly pacifist in nature and can help us in boosting our economy to a great extent.

no need to relate all this stuff with current ties. Really, this was all around 70 years ago. So, just chill

It's all in the past now, gotta buy arms from Japan so better forget it.... :D

We don't sell our dignity when we conduct business with someone

Soldiers-take-aim.jpg

Japanese soldiers take aim at Indian PoWs.

40017621.cms

Indian Army PoWs made live targets for new Japanese infantry recruits

40017662.cms

An emaciated Indian PoW from Hong Kong onboard the medical ship Oxfordshire (Getty Images)

40017648.cms

Jemadar Abdul Latif of 4/9 Jat Regiment who was among the first to allege that the Japanese killed Indians and fed on them

40017632.cms

Soldiers who didn't die in the firing being bayoneted to death
If you want to read more..Please refer below link...

Japanese ate Indian PoWs, used them as live targets in WWII - The Times of India

Happened a long time ago,if we can conduct Business with Brits,what's wrong with the Japanese

Great timing guys. (Also all imperial power did to everyone )

They want to kill our future to show our past but oh well it suppose our literacy rate is gone up

Indian poster in the past defended Japanese military war crime committed in China and most of Asia, now there were proof Indian POW treated inhuman by Japanese soldiers

Japanese did it to all. Nazis did this everywhere. Brits did it to their colonies. Allied did this in France and other axis countries. Everyone did it everywhere. Let us all give up on friendship and become enemies based on the past atrocities.

well its good to never forget the past since you have to learn from it, but its also good to forgive. I admire the courage and skills of Indian soldiers who fought under the british empire, though i kind of feel bad that they didnt fight under their country flag/interests. However, they did fight for a good cause. Since had facist imperial Japan and Nazi Germany won the war, then the crimes in Asia and Europe would have been even more worse for the people of these countries who had already suffered alot under these two countries.
Im still sad to see that despite all the sacrifices made by Indian soldiers/citizens who were drafted by our empire, after the war the country wasnt even recognised/compensated for their effort sacrifices. At least it should have been granted a place in the P5. Though i understand the country wasnt independent during the war, Unlike Russia and China(who both lost more than 20million people each during the war), but at least it could have been shown more respect/gratitude for its actions/role during the war,instead of being treated like a country who never contributed anything to this conflict. Thats not fair.:disagree:

But kudos to the Indian POW i got an Indian friend whose Grandad fought during this war as well.. May their soul rest in peace.

well its good to never forget the past since you have to learn from it, but its also good to forgive. I admire the courage and skills of Indian soldiers who fought under the british empire, though i kind of feel bad that they didnt fight under their country flag/interests. However, they did fight for a good cause. Since had facist imperial Japan and Nazi Germany won the war, then the crimes in Asia and Europe would have been even more worse for the people of these countries who had already suffered alot under these two countries.
Im still sad to see that despite all the sacrifices made by Indian soldiers/citizens who were drafted by our empire, after the war the country wasnt even recognised/compensated for their effort sacrifices. At least it should have been granted a place in the P5. Though i understand the country wasnt independent during the war, Unlike Russia and China(who both lost more than 20million people each during the war), but at least it could have been shown more respect/gratitude for its actions/role during the war,instead of being treated like a country who never contributed anything to this conflict. Thats not fair.:disagree:

But kudos to the Indian POW i got an Indian friend whose Grandad fought during this war as well.. May their soul rest in peace.

Well the world's not a fair place, is it ? Especially the one that is dominated by white Christians.

BTW you have your facts wrong.

England population during WW2 was 60 million so it is ridiculous to think 20 million died :P ........ the real number is 700,000.

India OTOH contributed 2.4 million soldiers to WW2 and 5-6 Million Indians died during the British-imposed Bengal Famine. Slightly worse than the Japs eating a few Indian soldiers, don't you think ?

Well the world's not a fair place, is it ? Especially the one that is dominated by white Christians.

BTW you have your facts wrong.

England population during WW2 was 60 million so it is ridiculous to think 20 million died :P ........ the real number is 700,000.

India OTOH contributed 2.4 million soldiers to WW2 and 5-6 Million Indians died during the British-imposed Bengal Famine. Slightly worse than the Japs eating a few Indian soldiers, don't you think ?

Read my post well bro. I said china and russia lost over 20 million soldiers and civilians during the war. I never said the U.K did. I know we lost way less than that.
As for U.K crimes, I dont deny we did committed crimes during our rule in india, but it wasnt a state policy of intentionally killing or bayonetting baby/women and civilians like the Japanese did. I wont go into too much details. But just ask the chinese, south Koreans, even russians (POW) and other asian countries who suffered under imperial Japan if the crimes committed by the allies even compares to those committed by the Japanese. The japanese made us look like angels. :p::bunny:

Read my post well bro. I said china and russia lost over 20 million soldiers and civilians during the war. I never said the U.K did. I know we lost way less than that.
As for U.K crimes, I dont deny we did committed crimes during our rule in india, but it wasnt a state policy of intentionally killing or bayonetting baby/women and civilians like the Japanese did. I wont go into too much details. But just ask the chinese, south Koreans, even russians (POW) and other asian countries who suffered under imperial Japan if the crimes committed by the allies even compares to those committed by the Japanese. The japanese made us look like angels. :p::bunny:

You are again mistaken.

During the Indian freedom struggle of 1857 (which you call Mutinee) the British killed 10 Million Indians including women and children in a 10 year period . Entire villages were wiped out.

All of it was a state sponsored intentional killing.

Just because as victors you got to rewrite some history, does not mean history is forgotten by the people who lived though it. :angel:

NOTHING the Japs did will ever make the brits look like angels :lol: ........... not by a long shot. No chance in Hell.

I am sorry to be the one to burst your bubble.

Read "India's secret history: 'A holocaust, one where millions disappeared..." it was published in the UK Guardian.

Back
Top Bottom