What's new

Japan, US, ASEAN must team up to counter China’s maritime advance

Imagine all the North and South American countries ganging up against the United States. What do you think will happen I them? ....

Since most of those countries have tiny militaries or none at all, I think the U.S. pound the feces out of Brazil and Argentina and the rest would quickly cry for their respective Mommys.:usflag:

Perhaps you should try telling that to Obama. I suppose he'll listen to you. Also, USA isn't the only country which China trades with, having said that, China holds the most treasury bonds than any other country.

Look at my avatar, there you'll see a man who will listen to a very intellectual individual like you. :p

No U.S. is not the only country China trades with but you know how much of a trade imbalance there is where China gets so much of its revenues. How much money will China lose and how many millions of Chinese jobs be affected?

Kill the Russians and feed the commie Chinese, Great going Americans. At least the Russians were similar in culture.

:usflag: won't join and china is a 100 times more stronger than it was since 1950.

Asean must unite on South China Sea: Kerry

Supalak Ganjanakhundee
The Nation
New York September 29, 2013

The United States has urged Asean leaders to speak in one voice on the conflict with China over South China Sea as well as speed up conclusion of the code of conduct for the troubled sea, Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichak-chaikul said on Friday.

Asean foreign ministers, including Surapong, discussed the matter with US Secretary of State John Kerry in New York on the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly.

Kerry told ASEAN that the code of conduct, if it came into force, could ensure peace and stability not only in the region but also beyond, Surapong said.

A conflict between China and some ASEAN members - notably the Philippines and Vietnam - created tensions in the region and called the attention of Washington.

Asean members reacted to the conflict differently. The Philippines sought UN arbitration to solve the conflict while some others hoped the UN Convention on the Law of the Sea could help.

The US has made clear its stance not to get involved in territorial conflicts but wanted to see stability and freedom of navigation in the South China Sea.

Thailand, as the coordinator between ASEAN and China, briefed the meeting on progress regarding the code of conduct during the recent meeting of senior ASEAN and Chinese officials.

Kerry told his ASEAN colleagues that President Barack Obama attached a lot of importance to ASEAN and the East Asia region. Washington wanted to expand economic engagement with the group, according to Surapong.

Obama will travel to Southeast Asia in early October for the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (Apec) Summit in Bali, the ASEAN Summit in Brunei and bilateral visits to Malaysia and the Philippines.

The US wanted to expand its economic partnership with ASEAN by having a non-binding document to facilitate liberalisation of trade and investment in the region.

The US also wants members of ASEAN to join the Trans Pacific Partnership but many countries are still reluctant.

The document, which might be issued in the form of a joint statement soon, would express the will to push for economic liberalisation, according to an official.

Kerry told his ASEAN colleagues that the US also wanted to enhance people-to-people relations with Asean. Projects concerning education and English-language study were initiated with ASEAN countries to enable people to know more about each other, Surapong said.

After attending the US-Asean ministerial meeting, Surapong had bilateral meetings with his counterparts from Indonesia, Albania, United Arab Emirates, Colombia, Sudan and Macedonia as well as representatives of the UN Office on Drug and Crime.

He signed a memorandum of understanding with Albanian Foreign Minister Ditmir Bushati on visa exemption for officials and diplomats and with Macedonian Foreign Minister Nikola Poposki on double taxation.

Surapong also signed a memorandum of understanding on a bilateral consultation mechanism with Colombia's Foreign Minister Maria Angela Holguin Cuellar.

He sought support during his meetings for Thailand's bid to join the UN Security Council in 2017-18 as a non-permanent member.

Asean must unite on South China Sea: Kerry - The Nation

So US the coward is begging ASEAN to help it maintain its domination over the world?:rofl:

It is doomed.

Sooner or later, the US will be back and isolated where it belongs: North America.

Does America honestly believe that ASEAN and Japan are remotely a match for the PLA? I do not always agree with everything that China does, but the United States' foreign policy is making, to use the term, huge karma for itself.

Its the cunning Indians that you guys need to watch out for.

says the moron living in the US. Have some loyalty for the country giving you shelter you twerp

What? Wait! stop dragging Indians everywhere...

Stupid troll

already banned for voicing your concern the quality of moderation... pathetic **spits**

says the moron living in the US. Have some loyalty for the country giving you shelter you twerp

already banned for voicing your concern the quality of moderation... pathetic **spits**

Serious identity issues for this guy.

And serious leaking gallbladder issues...

I find it hilarious that a country of USA caliber needs help to deal with us.

I propose we have a war in 20 years later. Not today because we need time to master our defense industry.

I find it surprising that the Japs with average IQ of over 101 cannot figure out the US is merely using them as pawns to divide and conquer, and cause some minor inconveniences to China. I can understand the Vietnamese and Filipinos not seeing through this simple scheme as they have a much lower average IQ similar to the Indians.

Serious identity issues for this guy.
And serious leaking gallbladder issues...

Probably out there enjoying his Mcdonald's and hotdogs @ a baseball game... and relieving himself over an homemade American pie.

Does America honestly believe that ASEAN and Japan are remotely a match for the PLA? I do not always agree with everything that China does, but the United States' foreign policy is making, to use the term, huge karma for itself.

Why do you think Japan cannot counter China.

Japan is a nuclear power who has not revealed it so far due to American Defense umbrella. It's just a screwdriver turn away from making bombs.

Its true that India will back stab China. So china should focus on India as its #1 enemy instead of the US.

Back
Top Bottom