What's new

Japan unveils massive $110 billion plan for Asia’s infrastructure to counter China

@Nihonjin1051 you should have much much more passion for Matthew Calbraith Perry , the conqueror and savior of japan. lol, what a coincidence, he happened to be an american. is japan doomed to be entangled with America, the conqueror and savior of japan,forever?

View attachment 223791
View attachment 223792
View attachment 223794
View attachment 223795
View attachment 223796
View attachment 223797

I am a broad minded man, and see the arrival of Commodore Matthew C Perry as a necessity.

He directly propelled Japan to advance, and propelled the downfall of the Tokugawa Bakufu (Shogunate).

Western arrival to Japan helped transform Japan from a feudal society to an Industrial Power.

So I see Western interventionism as a positive in context to Japanese Modernization.

Even China was defeated in korean and sea. If China keep fighting , Japan will not able to stay in korean. Where Japan's bullets shells and guns from? You need new bath for every battle. Can Japan make all of those?

Sure, since we defeated Qing Imperial Army and Navy.

Remember, the Qing Government sued for peace.

Not Japan.

Generals_Pyongyang_MigitaToshihide_October1894.jpg

Weihaiwei_surrender.jpg

Not Japan.

Generals_Pyongyang_MigitaToshihide_October1894.jpg

Weihaiwei_surrender.jpg

You do realize that you are only inflaming Chinese here?
What do you want? Another war, so that Chinese can square their past humiliation? Instead of a proper apology, you want to "display" your "martial strength". This is NOT how you make friends.

Not Japan.

Since we know UK is behind Japan.
We should know how powerful of UK at 1900. (25% of the planet earth is owned by them)

Last edited:
Chinese friends, i think we discussed history long enough.

Let's get back to subject.

In sign of camaraderie,

Article 1

1. The Contracting Parties shall develop lasting relations of peace and friendship between the two countries on the basis of mutual respect for the principles of sovereignty and territorial integrity, mutual non-aggression, non-intervention in each other's internal affairs, mutual benefit, and peaceful coexistence.

2. In accordance with the aforementioned principles and the principles of the Charter of the United Nations, the Contracting Parties affirm that, in their mutual relations, they will use peaceful means to settle all disputes and will refrain from the use of force or the threats of the use thereof.

Article 2

The Contracting Parties declare that neither Party will seek hegemony within the Asian and Pacific region or in any other region and that both shall oppose any attempt by any other country or group of countries to establish such hegemony.

Article 3

The Contracting Parties, motivated by the spirit of good neighbourliness and friendship and in accordance with the principles of mutual benefit and non-interference in each other's internal affairs, shall foster contacts and endeavours involving the peoples of the two countries with a view to furthering economic and cultural relations between the two countries.

Article 4

This Treaty shall not affect the relations either Contracting Party maintains with third countries.

Article 5

1. This Treaty is subject to ratification and shall enter into force on the day of the exchange of the instruments of ratification at Tokyo. This Treaty shall remain in force for 10 years and thereafter until the statement of termination provided for in paragraph 2 of this article is made.

2. Upon the expiration of the initial ten-year period or at any time thereafter, either Contracting Party may terminate this Treaty by informing the other Contracting Party in writing one year beforehand of its intention to do so.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Plenipotentiaries have signed this Treaty and affixed thereto their seals.

DONE at Beijing, 12 August 1978, in duplicate, in the Japanese and Chinese languages, both texts being equally authentic.

For Japan:
SUNAO SONODA

For the People's Republic of China:
HUANG HUA

Treaty of Peace and Friendship between Japan and the People's Republic of China

"It would be wrong for us to send a signal to China that the United States and Japan will watch and tolerate China's military invasion of Taiwan," said Shinzo Abe, the acting secretary general of Japan's ruling Liberal Democratic Party who is widely considered a likely successor to Junichiro Koizumi as prime minister. "If the situation surrounding Japan threatens our security, Japan can provide U.S. forces with support."

Japan to Join U.S. Policy on Taiwan (washingtonpost.com)

Thank God.

Tell me, please.

Why is it that the Imperial Japanese Navy utterly decimated both the Russian Baltic Fleet and Chinese Beiyang Fleet?

For the Chinese Beiyang Fleet, it was mostly built by British engineers, and the Chinese naval commanders also were trained by British naval war college mentors. Still, the Chinese were annihilated in the Yalu River. Why did Japan succeed while Chinese failed ?
CCP gave the key analysis which I really concur to.
German gunship had better craft however, only better craft they had, nothing more.
Have you ever heard Beiyang fleet was devastated by the ammunition that they utilized, Japan gunship deployed advanced nitroxanthic acid canon ball, which is the modern ammunition can be claimed at that time. It damaged metal well and can generated considerable shockwave.
In contrast BY fleet used black powder or ironic solid ball, wow medieval technology. Like M9 pistol shoots rubber 9mm
So a disaster happened.

Well, it not bad to discuss some history.
May be we can found something useful in the discussion.

Among some of them:

1. Jet Engine (worked, mass produced and demonstrated)
2. Synthetic Fibres (Read about Toray)
3. Robotics (Read about Kiko etc.)
4. Magnetic Levitation
5. Lens and Camera Industry (Commercial)
6. Cultural Industry- Whole world is in love with Anime, Manga etc.

I was thinking about a possible solution to Diaoyu/Senkaku conflict.
Would you give China open support for reunification with Taiwan, in lieu of its withdrawing claims over the islands?

1. What jet engine? high-bypass or low-bypass? I need names of these engines.
China has WS-10 low-bypass engine that is already in mass production and demonstrated and equipping all new 4th and 4.5 generation Chinese fighters. China is working on SF-A high-bypass turbofan for C919 aircraft and WS-20 high-bypass for Y-20 strategic transport. Also WS-13 for JF-17. Turboshafts such as WZ-10 for Z-10 attack helicopter. China already has turboprops such as WJ-6C already equipping Y-9 aircraft. Can you name Japanese equivalent for these?

2. Not a critical technology.

3. Yes Robotics I'll agree. Especially industrial robots which is a critical industry. China needs improvement in this area.

4. China has advanced maglev trains already in operation such as Shanghai maglev train. Shanghai Maglev Train - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

China is also working on much faster maglev trains.
Maglev Train Battle: Japan Breaks Speed Record, China Eyes Further / Sputnik International
China tests 3,000-kph ‘super-Maglev’ train concept — RT News

5. I'll agree the Japs are ahead in cameras and lens although I'm doubtful whether this is a critical industry. Maybe lens technology is important for satellite imagery. Then we would have to compare both countries commercial satellite imagery technologies. How is a camera such a critical technology?

6. Cultural is not a critical technology.

I would say Japan is ahead in the chip design industry which is a very critical industry. China is working hard in this area. China has its own foundry such as SMIC that has capability at 28nm. Does Japan have its equivalent and what's their level? China is working on improving memory chips too.

I want critical technologies China is way behind Japan that is vital. I don't care about technologies where both have similar technologies and Japan is slightly ahead or China is slightly ahead.

@mike2000 is back Where is your list. I'm waiting.

Last edited:
Mike,

After Russia's defeat to Japan in the 1904-1905 Russo Japanese War, the term "Yellow Peril" was coined to describe the Japanese Empire. The English also referred to us as the "Prussia of the West", an attempt to equate Japan with the Prussian Martial Spirit.

:)

Yes, guess who support Prussia? UK !

Prussia is to balance France and Russia. (Japan is used to balance China and Russia)

"Pitt sought European alliances to restrict French influence, forming the Triple Alliance with Prussia and Holland in 1788."
Triple Alliance (1788) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Article 1

1. The Contracting Parties shall develop lasting relations of peace and friendship between the two countries on the basis of mutual respect for the principles of sovereignty and territorial integrity, mutual non-aggression, non-intervention in each other's internal affairs, mutual benefit, and peaceful coexistence.

2. In accordance with the aforementioned principles and the principles of the Charter of the United Nations, the Contracting Parties affirm that, in their mutual relations, they will use peaceful means to settle all disputes and will refrain from the use of force or the threats of the use thereof.

Article 2

The Contracting Parties declare that neither Party will seek hegemony within the Asian and Pacific region or in any other region and that both shall oppose any attempt by any other country or group of countries to establish such hegemony.

Article 3

The Contracting Parties, motivated by the spirit of good neighbourliness and friendship and in accordance with the principles of mutual benefit and non-interference in each other's internal affairs, shall foster contacts and endeavours involving the peoples of the two countries with a view to furthering economic and cultural relations between the two countries.

Article 4

This Treaty shall not affect the relations either Contracting Party maintains with third countries.

Article 5

1. This Treaty is subject to ratification and shall enter into force on the day of the exchange of the instruments of ratification at Tokyo. This Treaty shall remain in force for 10 years and thereafter until the statement of termination provided for in paragraph 2 of this article is made.

2. Upon the expiration of the initial ten-year period or at any time thereafter, either Contracting Party may terminate this Treaty by informing the other Contracting Party in writing one year beforehand of its intention to do so.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Plenipotentiaries have signed this Treaty and affixed thereto their seals.

DONE at Beijing, 12 August 1978, in duplicate, in the Japanese and Chinese languages, both texts being equally authentic.

For Japan:
SUNAO SONODA

For the People's Republic of China:
HUANG HUA

Treaty of Peace and Friendship between Japan and the People's Republic of China

You didn't answer. You do recognize Taiwan as Chinese territory, but so does US. But they do have a strategic ambivalence stand.

CCP gave the key analysis which I really concur to.
German gunship had better craft however, only better craft they had, nothing more.
Have you ever heard Beiyang fleet was devastated by the ammunition that they utilized, Japan gunship deployed advanced nitroxanthic acid canon ball, which is the modern ammunition can be claimed at that time. It damaged metal well and can generated considerable shockwave.
In contrast BY fleet used black powder or ironic solid ball, wow medieval technology. Like M9 pistol shoots rubber 9mm
So a disaster happened.

Ha ha ha, you don't give enough credit to the history, and composition of the Beiyang Fleet, buddy. You know that during the early 1870s, the Beiyang Fleet was actually one of the smallest of the regional fleets of the Qing Navy, but since the rise of the Viceroy Lord Li Hongzhang, the Beiyang Fleet rose to prominence even greater than the Nanyang Fleet.

Btw, if you study the Sino-French War of 1884, you will see that the Beiyang Fleet actually received 3 heavy cruisers purchased from Germany, these were the Zhenyuan, the Jiyuan and the Dingyuan. These cruisers helped , eventually, to bring strategic overall victory when battling the French Far Eastern Naval Fleet in the Battle of Shipu, as well as in the Tai Son Operations off the Gulf of Tonkin, where the Beiyang Fleet even sailed south to engage the French. The Beiyang Fleet then also was dispatched, successfull ending the French blockade of Formosa.

So let us not feign incompetence , my friend. Clearly, as seen in the Beiyang Fleet's abilities against the French in the Sino-French War, it was a capable regional fleet, strong enough to resist European Forces.

By the time Japan and China engaged in hostilities, the Beiyang Fleet was well prepared , given its strategic lessons learned in fighting the French. By the time the Battle of Weihaiwei 威海衛の戦いhappened , the Chinese Beiyang Fleet was even larger , organized and more prepared than the fledgling Imperial Navy.

The cost for China was that the Chinese preferred to fight in line formation, a standard British strategy. The Japanese, on the other hand, preferred to send in wedged formation naval formations , and struck the Beiyang Fleet on the center, thereby cutting the Beiyang Fleet into two parts. It then was decimated.

Beiyang Fleet was not defeated because it had inferior equipment, No. It was defeated because of simple strategy.

You didn't answer. You do recognize Taiwan as Chinese territory, but so does US. But they do have a strategic ambivalence stand.

Ambivalence is also part of strategy. You will know Japan's stance when the time comes. :)

Ha ha ha, you don't give enough credit to the history, and composition of the Beiyang Fleet, buddy. You know that during the early 1870s, the Beiyang Fleet was actually one of the smallest of the regional fleets of the Qing Navy, but since the rise of the Viceroy Lord Li Hongzhang, the Beiyang Fleet rose to prominence even greater than the Nanyang Fleet.

Btw, if you study the Sino-French War of 1884, you will see that the Beiyang Fleet actually received 3 heavy cruisers purchased from Germany, these were the Zhenyuan, the Jiyuan and the Dingyuan. These cruisers helped , eventually, to bring strategic overall victory when battling the French Far Eastern Naval Fleet in the Battle of Shipu, as well as in the Tai Son Operations off the Gulf of Tonkin, where the Beiyang Fleet even sailed south to engage the French. The Beiyang Fleet then also was dispatched, successfull ending the French blockade of Formosa.

So let us not feign incompetence , my friend. Clearly, as seen in the Beiyang Fleet's abilities against the French in the Sino-French War, it was a capable regional fleet, strong enough to resist European Forces.

By the time Japan and China engaged in hostilities, the Beiyang Fleet was well prepared , given its strategic lessons learned in fighting the French. By the time the Battle of Weihaiwei 威海衛の戦いhappened , the Chinese Beiyang Fleet was even larger , organized and more prepared than the fledgling Imperial Navy.

The cost for China was that the Chinese preferred to fight in line formation, a standard British strategy. The Japanese, on the other hand, preferred to send in wedged formation naval formations , and struck the Beiyang Fleet on the center, thereby cutting the Beiyang Fleet into two parts. It then was decimated.

Beiyang Fleet was not defeated because it had inferior equipment, No. It was defeated because of simple strategy.

Again, without UK's 98 million British pound war fund to Japan. There will be not war at that time.
You can google how much cost for a war, and Japan's GDP and industrial base at that time.

1. What jet engine? high-bypass or low-bypass? I need names of these engines.
China has WS-10 low-bypass engine that is already in mass production and demonstrated and equipping all new 4th and 4.5 generation Chinese fighters. China is working on SF-A high-bypass turbofan for C919 aircraft and WS-20 high-bypass for Y-20 strategic transport. Also WS-13 for JF-17. Turboshafts such as WZ-10 for Z-10 attack helicopter. China already has turboprops such as WJ-6C already equipping Y-9 aircraft. Can you name Japanese equivalent for these?

2. Not a critical technology.

3. Yes Robotics I'll agree. Especially industrial robots which is a critical industry. China needs improvement in this area.

4. China has advanced maglev trains already in operation such as Shanghai maglev train. Shanghai Maglev Train - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

China is also working on much faster maglev trains.
Maglev Train Battle: Japan Breaks Speed Record, China Eyes Further / Sputnik International
China tests 3,000-kph ‘super-Maglev’ train concept — RT News

5. I'll agree the Japs are ahead in cameras and lens although I'm doubtful whether this is a critical industry. Maybe lens technology is important for satellite imagery. Then we would have to compare both countries commercial satellite imagery technologies. How is a camera such a critical technology?

6. Cultural is not a critical technology.

I would say Japan is ahead in the chip design industry which is a very critical industry. China is working hard in this area. China has its own foundry such as SMIC that can has capability at 28nm. Does Japan have its equivalent? China is working on improving memory chips too.

I want critical technologies China is way behind Japan that is vital. I don't care about technologies where both have similar technologies and Japan is slightly ahead or China is slightly ahead.

2. Are you what mad? Carbon fibres are used to make almost everything! Japan has almost exclusive monopoly on Carbon fibres which are something that both the countries monitor heavily. Japan is also very good at composites.

4. That train was built by the germans as far as I know. Also, they are ahead. They have already tested in real field situation maglev that touch 700kmph. Also, the same technology can also be used in rail guns and EMALS, so I will wager to say that Japan with the right funds can produce those systems faster than China.

5. Today politics, economics, and military are intricately linked. Japan is better at remote sensing, and micro satellites compared to China.

6. In modern warfare, this is, many times, all that matters. How did USSR collapse? Why does whole Europe essentially hate Russia?

Back
Top Bottom