What's new

Japan´s arms build-up

Don't blame your ancestors. You still have chance. You can follow Japan from today.

Do you think you would become a second Japan by "follow"? You think things are that easy? just "follow"? One interesting thing is: Vietnamese here always like to describe China as an invader. But they never have a tiny bit of shame when talking about annexing their weak neighbors. To some extent, they are even proud of being historical invaders. Has anyone ever seen a Chinese here boasting about annexing other countries? No. But for Vietnamese, it's like a daily work.

I feel amazing about this bullsh*t, really ...

You will surprised when the WS15 appear,wait and see.

Guy I am waiting for years. Do not make me wait more. It is not coming in near future that is why your chines team went to Russia to buy technology.

Man, your Avatar name doesn't appear to be Chinese.

Guy I am waiting for years. Do not make me wait more. It is not coming in near future that is why your chines team went to Russia to buy technology.

Man, your Avatar name doesn't appear to be Chinese.
At least we can use the word "will",but India and Japs have nothing about Engine even WILL.
名字只是个代号,不是吗?
We will see.

Japan should find a reasonable solution that we can both accept instead of this.

The difference between China and Japan isn't equipments or military, it's size.

China will reach 20 Trillion GDP in 10-12 years while Japan will be at 8, if they are lucky.

Japan can only challenge China in that one small window in the entire history of the world. When they industrialized and we didn't do as well.

Now that China is firmly on the path to becoming an economic power, Japan can't really do anything.

What are they going to do when our spending in one year will equal to 5 of theirs in 10 years.

It's already about three.
You're very optimistic my friend this a nation that has top edge of technology great economy for their population so hold your horses japan aint Vietnam or Philippine. They still ahead of you in sience and technology although I respect china don't get wrong.

I don't think America would make that much F-35s.

Also I've been hearing news about F-35 having troubles.

In all, the US (USAF, USN and USMC) will order 1800 F-35 in all variant, more if and when they retire F-15E and A-10, bear in mind 1/18 of F-35 has already made this year, the 100th F-35 has just rolled out of LM plant couple of weeks ago. They are currently masking the 124th F-35 in their assembly line

In all, you are looking at 2500-2900 af-35 made if current international order were not cut.

Japan should find a reasonable solution that we can both accept instead of this.

The difference between China and Japan isn't equipments or military, it's size.

China will reach 20 Trillion GDP in 10-12 years while Japan will be at 8, if they are lucky.

Japan can only challenge China in that one small window in the entire history of the world. When they industrialized and we didn't do as well.

Now that China is firmly on the path to becoming an economic power, Japan can't really do anything.

What are they going to do when our spending in one year will equal to 5 of theirs in 10 years.

It's already about three.

You say it lie the 20 trillion dollar the Chinese made are all going into military defence...

First, china is big, and with a lot of people, 20 trillion is corresponding to their size, unless what you are saying is China will go like NK and totally ignore their own citizen and go all total authorian in China, the % of GDP is the true indication of how big is your defence force, even tho you got more money, you got a larger piece of land, meaning more money to maintain, and you got hack a lot more people, that mean more mouth to feed.

Second thing is GDP is a commercial indicator of a particular economy, while military spending is a governmental spending. Indeed China is earning 20 trillion in 10-12 years time, but how much of those are going to the government? That's depend on how many people are paying taxes. And the private business will not buys arms and gift them to the government lol.

So yeah, China will get a 20 trillion GDP somewhere down the road, but does that mean they are going to dump all the money into their military?

Last edited:
F-35 costs $200ml a piece, similar to the price of a small frigate. I´m afraid only rich countries like Japan, Korea and Singapore can afford them, and only of a small amount.

are you running mad? why did you post disgusted pictures? post reported.
Is China an angel? Look yourself into the mirror and remember what happened in China under Mao Zedong! What did you do in Cambodia and Vietnam?

You cite Japanese aggression in the past to justify Chinese aggression today? How dumb are you?

Today price for a F-35 is at 120 mil per AC
It will be lower to 85 mil when we reach our last production cycle, then depend on how many more customer, it can go as low as 75 mil per

F-22 cost 180 mil each, if they are really 200 mil a pop, then F-35 will be more expensive than F -22, that does not make sense...

In all, the US (USAF, USN and USMC) will order 1800 F-35 in all variant, more if and when they retire F-15E and A-10, bear in mind 1/18 of F-35 has already made this year, the 100th F-35 has just rolled out of LM plant couple of weeks ago. They are currently masking the 124th F-35 in their assembly line

In all, you are looking at 2500-2900 af-35 made if current international order were not cut.

You say it lie the 20 trillion dollar the Chinese made are all going into military defence...

First, china is big, and with a lot of people, 20 trillion is corresponding to their size, unless what you are saying is China will go like NK and totally ignore their own citizen and go all total authorian in China, the % of GDP is the true indication of how big is your defence force, even tho you got more money, you got a larger piece of land, meaning more money to maintain, and you got hack a lot more people, that mean more mouth to feed.

Second thing is GDP is a commercial indicator of a particular economy, while military spending is a governmental spending. Indeed China is earning 20 trillion in 10-12 years time, but how much of those are going to the government? That's depend on how many people are paying taxes. And the private business will not buys arms and gift them to the government lol.

So yeah, China will get a 20 trillion GDP somewhere down the road, but does that mean they are going to dump all the money into their military?

is this a joke response? I don't even know where to begin.

why would we need to increase the percentage of military spending, holding firm at 2%, half of American percentage and less than most, our spending in 10 years would go over 300 billion.

You also got to take into account price difference, our service and equipment cost less, it's more if we take into account inflation.

All i can say is that it's more than enough at 2%.

Japanese investment will not touch 100 billion, and even if it does, it's till too little, too late.

Big economy, big spending, 10 billion dollar economy spending 5 and it's 50 percent, the current 166 billion for us is only 2%.

One day if we decide to go to 3 or 4% in 10 years, 500 to 600+ will be instantly reached.

Do you know what percentage Japan will need to spend to reach the same amount?

Today price for a F-35 is at 120 mil per AC
It will be lower to 85 mil when we reach our last production cycle, then depend on how many more customer, it can go as low as 75 mil per

F-22 cost 180 mil each, if they are really 200 mil a pop, then F-35 will be more expensive than F -22, that does not make sense...

In my opinion,F-35 isn't as flop as press wants to make us believe.its a good fighter jet.only drawback(apart from rising of cost) is its small internal bay.it can carry a decent load,but on external pylons and thus compromising its stealthness.

why would we need to increase the percentage of military spending, holding firm at 2%, half of American percentage and less than most, our spending in 10 years would go over 300 billion.

You also got to take into account price difference, our service and equipment cost less, it's more if we take into account inflation.

Japanese investment will not touch 100 billion, and even if it does, it's till too little, too late.

Big economy, big spending, 10 billion dollar economy spending 5 and it's 50 percent, the current 166 billion for us is only 2%.

One day if we decide to go to 3 or 4% in 10 years, 500 to 600+ will be instantly reached.

Either you are not as smart as you claim you are, or you are indeed a stupid nationalist.

My first point, China have 9.7 millions square meter of land, while the Japanese only have 300 thousand kilometre sq.

The size is 30 times as big. Say you need only 1/10 the same volume Of defence as in Japan to totally defend all of China, that means you need a force that's 3 times larger than Japan to total secure China. then you can talk about sparing force to actually invade Japan, that mean if Japan require 100 billions to afford a defence force to total secure their land, China would need 300 billions, and let me tell you, 1/3 of the size of Japanese force to defend China, which is 3000% as big is very generous, in reality you need about 5 to 7 times

No military in this world will send troop to someone else border unless they can secure their land while doing it, otherwise it will be a good advertisement to the world saying "Come Invade Us"

You have a larger land in China, then you need a larger force to defend China, then you will need a larger defence budget, how hard is it for you to understand?

Secondly, You have 1.4 billions of people in China, not EVERYONE is paying tax, your country will need to take care of those who's, too young, too old, too sick, too lazy to work, that was call social security, again as I say, unless your vision of China is build on a militaristic regime as in the one in NK, you need to feed those people, as you have 14 times more the population than Japan, is it natural that your government need to feed 14 times more of the needy in China?

Finally, GDP is what your economy earn, not exactly translated into how much your government can spend on military, you have other spending than military right? How hard is it to understand?

Are you really college educated? Even if you graduated from one of those chicken shit school attended by red neck, you should still understand what I was talking about?

Dude, your country is bigger than Japan, you WILL spend more in Everything than Japan, this cannot be anymore straight forward than that

In my opinion,F-35 isn't as flop as press wants to make us believe.its a good fighter jet.only drawback(apart from rising of cost) is its small internal bay.it can carry a decent load,but on external pylons and thus compromising its stealthness.

F-35 is just like our F-16 today, they are not the best option to use, but they are the primary thing we will use.

We will use our best to deal with anyone's best, that's f-22 before we retire them, then we will run the whole field with f-35

How much time Japan will need to build a force even with the amount they are ready to pour into defence?

nowaday, a country will not stand alone to fight the remain ...

I see, the Japanese come to ASEAN and the Chinese come to ASEAN and the US come to ASEAN ...
so who could get the support of ASEAN, they would feel more comfortable to challenge the country could not do that.

Russia need Syrian stand even it's weak.

Because of fear of repetition of 1937.
No my friend, we are pretty much unbeatable after achieving nuclear power. It means there is absolutely no chance of us ever losing another war without other resolving to a nuclear war. Do you understand, my friend?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom