What's new

Japan refuses to take part in China's 'Victory Day' event to mark end of war

Precisely.

IMO, you're giving the Chinese too little credit.
I don't think China would be so tasteless as to make the parade insulting to Japan in anyway if the Abe was there.

In fact, most diplomats who visit China always praise the Chinese for being a good host.

IMO, you're giving the Chinese too little credit.
I don't think China would be so tasteless as to make the parade insulting to Japan in anyway if the Abe was there.

In fact, most diplomats who visit China always praise the Chinese for being a good host.

Oh well. Life ain't fair.

The prime minister of Japan, Shinzo Abe, will not attend Victory Day events in Beijing next month to mark the end of the second world war, partly in protest against China’s military build-up in regional waters, Japanese media said.

The chief cabinet secretary, Yoshihide Suga, said Abe had decided against attending commemorative events around 3 September – the day China marks the success of its “war of resistance against Japanese aggression” – so he could oversee the passage of controversial security legislation at home.

The upper house of Japan’s parliament is debating a series of Abe-inspired bills that would expand the role of the country’s military, including fighting overseas for the first time since the end of the war.

But the Sankei newspaper quoted official sources as saying Abe was also concerned that his presence in Beijing could be interpreted as accepting China’s increasingly aggressive activity near disputed island territories in the region.

China has been condemned for building artificial islands in areas of the South China Sea that are also claimed by Vietnam, the Philippines and other countries.

It is also embroiled in a simmering dispute with Japan over ownership of a group of uninhabited islands in the East China Sea, called the Senkakus by Japan and the Diaoyu by China.

Abe and other world leaders had been invited to attend the anniversary events, which will include a spectacular Victory Day parade in Tiananmen Square, featuring 12,000 troops, conventional and nuclear missiles and more than 100 aircraft.

Officials in Beijing said the Russian president, Vladimir Putin, and at least 10 other leaders would attend the event on 3 September, one day after Japan formally surrendered to the allies aboard the USS Missouri in 1945.

But most western leaders, including the US president, Barack Obama, and the British prime minister, David Cameron, are expected to shun the event. The South Korean president, Park Geun-hye, will reportedly take part in a ceremony to mark the anniversary, but has not decided whether or not to attend the parade.

Large swaths of Beijing went into shutdown at the weekend as tanks, missile launchers and thousands of troops poured into the city centre for a rehearsal.

A logical decision

China is going a little bit too far calling it the "Chinese People's War of Resistance against Japanese Aggression and the World Anti-Fascist War"

Japan is responsible for lots of war crimes but they did pay compensation, Not cool to humiliate them too much

What a heartless and ignorant comment!

China's resistance and sacrifice during WW2 in Asia is one of the major reasons and perhaps the key reason why countries in S Asia were spared of the jpn facists' atrocious onslaughts

China is going a little bit too far calling it the "Chinese People's War of Resistance against Japanese Aggression and the World Anti-Fascist War"

Japan is responsible for lots of war crimes but they did pay compensation, Not cool to humiliate them too much

Compensation, compensation, what compensation ?! Give me a source/proof of their compensation ?
And same if they exist, what is type of compensation ? "Excuse me" 2 words (+ feel no sincerity in their words) ? Steal 1000 dollars and give 1 dollar in compensation ?

The japanese use their vague existence of "compensation" to play the victims of their past against the "Chinese evil" and "Korean evil".

There is no honesty with the japanese, only constant insults and scorn.

Last edited:
In this situation I feel that Japan and the Japanese Government will always bee in a state of 'Damned if you do, Damned if you dont' diplomatic game with the Koreans and the Chinese. For over 70 years Japanese politicians (and the Emperor) have been making apologies in the multilateral as well as bilateral level for various partners. The only two countries that continually use the anniversary of WWII as a political game are the Chinese and Koreans. I support Abe; we should stop issuing apologies , Period.

In this situation I feel that Japan and the Japanese Government will always bee in a state of 'Damned if you do, Damned if you dont' diplomatic game with the Koreans and the Chinese. For over 70 years Japanese politicians (and the Emperor) have been making apologies in the multilateral as well as bilateral level for various partners. The only two countries that continually use the anniversary of WWII as a political game are the Chinese and Koreans. I support Abe; we should stop issuing apologies , Period.
:lol: what apologies are you talking about? the only thing i keep hearing is "regrettable of certain events took place decades ago"

:( Seems idiotic for Japan to go for what is essentially the party to celebrate their loss.
So

yet they still glorifying the past and worshiping war criminals, I'd like to see Westerner's reaction when German to put up shrines to honor SS and Hitler `` What Nazi and Hitler did to the Jews were nothing compared the Japanese did to Chinese and Koreans during WWII

kido, European countries they celebrate WWII every single year, didnt I tell you not to spew your ignorance? you Japanese are barbaric to the core, even though Chinese culture and Western technology civilized you lot, you repaid nothing, but endless awful wars and genocide to NE Asia````

action speaks the word, yes, we dont need your apology

kido, European countries they celebrate WWII every single year, didnt I tell you not to spew your ignorance? you Japs are barbaric to the core, even though Chinese culture and Western technology civilized you lot, you repaid nothing, but endless awful wars and genocide to NE Asia````

action speaks the word, yes, we dont need your apology

Our leaders only talk about the reflection of history when addressing the Japanese counterparts. The Chinese people don't have much expectations anyway, we have risen from the ashes once again and now we are back to being a behemoth. Japan cannot threaten us again for we have the capability to obliterate them with our megatons. Apology to our civilians is already too late. Germany did the right thing and now earned the respect they deserve.

Our leaders only talk about the reflection of history when addressing the Japanese counterparts. The Chinese people don't have much expectations anyway, we have risen from the ashes once again and now we are back to being a behemoth. Japan cannot threaten us again for we have the capability to obliterate them with our megatons. Apology to our civilians is already too late. Germany did the right thing and now earned the respect they deserve.

The best solution to tame Japan is the raw power, nothing else can do.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom