What's new

Japan poised to win India's bullet train deal: Nikke

curious, which one?

Check you tube. They bought 2 engines from china. Both engines failed in its first run and some other engines have to be sent to pull those breakdown passenger trains. We had given some engines to Bangladesh which they used for 40 years. The chinese engines made Pakistani railways a hell.

Check you tube. They bought 2 engines from china. Both engines failed in its first run and some other engines have to be sent to pull those breakdown passenger trains. We had given some engines to Bangladesh which they used for 40 years. The chinese engines made Pakistani railways a hell.
I am aware of Pakistani railways problems with Chinese engines, I was asking which trains in India travel at 200kmph

Temporary hurdles, with Chinese help we will overcome that soon.

It was in the past. Modern Chinese technology is equal to or even more advanced than Japanese donation you all are getting.

Hummmmm chinese technology is more modern than anybody else like Al khalid and JF 17. We all know that.

@PatriotLover
You should be the last one to tell India about its railway. Even if I go by comparison of population , Indian railways is 20 times bigger than what you have in Pakistan.

We have been plying trains for 140+ kmph for some time now while you all still don't have the locomotives required to cross the speed.

The least powerful locomotive we are manufacturing in India is 3,100hp WDG3A, its still 100hp more powerful than the most powerful locomotive you have in your Pakistan railway.

First go and ply some electric locomotives in Pakistan before talking about HSR.

what i have heard is that initial capital cost is INR 85,000 crores for Mumbai Ahemdabad line. (JICA study).
therefore even if Japan extends soft loan, it is more important to see what reports on return of investment say.

Using your figure of 85,000 crore:

It is about 3 - 3.5% of combined GDP of Gujarat + MH. If we are using GCF as base, it will be about 10% of that give or take. That too this is using an assumption of 1 year time period which of course wont be the case, so these %'s will further drop when you scale the time period of investment in. (BTW do you know what the proposed time period is for the construction of the project?)

With the high growth in these areas already and the fact its connecting urban centers with solid purchasing power...it should be a decent ROI I think.

Temporary hurdles, with Chinese help we will overcome that soon.
It was in the past. Modern Chinese technology is equal to or even more advanced than Japanese donation you all are getting.
Yr railways r in shambels,yr PIA is making huge losses. Yr metro project is in disaster.

optimized model of Shinkansen E5 series is offered to India. the train can easily do 320-350 kmph.

This is great. a lots of spin of this project can have a convergence with existing Indian technology and vis a versa. Yesterday I show the news which told that Japan has oferred a loan at 0.5 % rat for 50 years term. This is simply unbelievable.

would have liked to see a Del - Mum route but maybe such long distances aren't feasible for such big distances, any rail experts/enthusiasts here who know more ?

Gatimaan express between New Delhi Agra has an average speed of 124 kph and the top speed as on today is 170 kph. it is slated to go upto 200kph once fencing of entire section is completed.

Sir is it introduced? It had undergone tests for 160kmph and upgrades of track pushing it to 195kmph.

would have liked to see a Del - Mum route but maybe such long distances aren't feasible for such big distances, any rail experts/enthusiasts here who know more ?

Delhi will be connected with HSR to Chennai and Mumbai but it will be done in phases, the first is ADI to Mumbai.

This is great. a lots of spin of this project can have a convergence with existing Indian technology and vis a versa. Yesterday I show the news which told that Japan has oferred a loan at 0.5 % rat for 50 years term. This is simply unbelievable.
Sir as you must be aware funding is an issue fit CAPEX for IR and therefore railways is now only investing in projects that are proved to be economically viable.
as i said above 85,000 crores for a 400 km High speed line is a debatable project unless return on equity is assured.
Interest component of cost will be negligible but still repaying loans would require large ridership.
If i was managing the project my focus group would be economy air travellers and High end (1 & 2 AC) travellers. Fares would need to be more than 3AC but less than Economy class airfare.

Back
Top Bottom