What's new

Japan offers to fund 81% of India's first bullet train worth $15 billion

I am not an expert in such topic but for me the offer looks very attractive. However when I look at China, how quickly she is building its high speed lines, which is more important than Train I realize countries like India and China have something common and unique thing which is POPULATION. Longest bullet train track in Europe is in Spain and that too 500 KM, and China though late starter is building at the rate of more than that per year, HOW ??

Ya Ya I know China is rich, more developed than India, Under communist leadership, but if you check, chinese Railway is building the track, stations, and electrification on Loans from its bank. The amount is mamoth, and would make the planner's head turned dizzy that the whole project is on loan and such a high stake, but how chinese are confident is that they knew that they will find the customer who will spend money on this train between the stations, and within 15 years all debt would be returned to bank with interest. Question is why not in India---- Does it is due to lack of technology --- Nope, In modern world through the Money and watch the show. Call the tender and watch the Line from Japan, germany, china, Spain, US

NRI's will have a big need for these type of business trips to Mumbai

Ki

People here are quoting 0.5pc interest. Technically there are right. But you need to understand the loan is in dollar terms. There is the volatility of the currency markets to take into account. Therefore the money is hedged against currency fluctuations whose cost can be as high as 5pc.

All of the Japanese exports are quoted in Yen and not dollars.
Japan does the loan funding in Yen and not dollars.
India owes trillions of yens to japan & not dollars

yen.png

Mumbai is a hub. But Ahmedabad isnt. Mumbai Pune or Chennai/Bangalore/Hyderabad/Coimbatore makes much more pressing cases than that.
Infact Mumbai Pune/Nagpur/Surat is better

Surat was plausible but Chennai/Bangalore/Hyderabad/Coimbatore would never happen under Modi. It needs be a Gujarat oriented project. BJP has little stake in the south.

Surat was plausible but Chennai/Bangalore/Hyderabad/Coimbatore would never happen under Modi. It needs be a Gujarat oriented project. BJP has little stake in the south.
Why not When Mulayam Singh Yadav could build International level Airport in Saifai without customer, Open University in Saifai without no. of students, and Big wide, top class roads, so that Bache could play Cricket and Gulli Danda in their free time under fluorescent street light, till SP govt. is there.

What an idiotic comment to make. Projects like these are planned with profits in mind. We dont give our tax money to make loss making projects to gain mileage in particular state. That will come to haunt to BJP later like how Lalu's railways showed profits with short term to make losses later. As far as I know Delhi Mumbai, Chennai-Delhi talks are going on. But I would prefer projects in short tracks. Chennai Bangalore alone will be more successful than any other.

What an idiotic comment to make. Projects like these are planned with profits in mind. We dont give our tax money to make loss making projects to gain mileage in particular state. That will come to haunt to BJP later like how Lalu's railways showed profits with short term to make losses later. As far as I know Delhi Mumbai, Chennai-Delhi talks are going on. But I would prefer projects in short tracks. Chennai Bangalore alone will be more successful than any other.

Yes Businesses need to make profit but politicians also have to take care of their Business. Chennai-Bangalore project would be initiated only after the current Congress government in Karnataka is replaced by BJP.

Let Kannadigas think and vote if they really care for development.

I Longest bullet train track in Europe is in Spain and that too 500 KM, and China though late starter is building at the rate of more than that per year, HOW ?

First of all Bullet train is exclusive to Japan which is known as Mecca of High speed trains due only to shinkansen network of "Bullet trains" known as dangan ressha in Japanese language = Japan exclusive.

Second, its France and not Spain with longest HST (TGV) track = Lille to Montpellier.

I read the terms - they were more than 60% less than what the chinese charges Africa, Pakistan and other countries, plus china insists on only hiring chinese companies for everything- and insists on only hiring their workers too. I say this because I believe you had china in the bid process too.

Good terms.

it' sad the U.S isn't suited for HSR. Japan could help us mightily in this area.

and like I've said in other threads....China gains the most out of it's dealings in devloping countries.

they finance the projects and then they import their own workers to do all the work.

it's a WIN WIN for them.

neo-colonialism

it' sad the U.S isn't suited for HSR. Japan could help us mightily in this area.

and like I've said in other threads....China gains the most out of it's dealings in devloping countries.

they finance the projects and then they import their own workers to do all the work.

it's a WIN WIN for them.

neo-colonialism

U.S is busy building other countries infrastructure on taxpayer's dime, while our infrastructure is not as important to our politicians.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom