What's new

Japan Economy Forum

When Final Fantsy XV out, I'll be sure to get a PS4 bundle of it :smitten:(A PS4 with FFXV decoration and the game itself). Have been a fan of Sony and Square Enix / Squaresoft since I was a kid.
I used to give up the idea of buying a PS3 when it first announced. But then FF XIII Versus (it was called that at that time) trailer came in, not the official one but the leaked one, and I was immediately pursuaded. I will get a PS4 just for this game alone, still worth it.

@xesy are you sure you are a Viet that grew up in VN and now still living there?

I am now living in the West and did my undergraduate study in a Western university.. but my bad English is still far below yours and I still can't afford a PS4 here.

You don't sound like the average Asian guy living in a developing Asian country.

Maybe you need to change your flag and story. I don't want you to get banned like your friend ComradeNam for claiming to be Viet and using a Viet flag and location.

Microsoft really shot themselves in the foot with the retarded tv and Kinnect bullshit.

Consoles are for gaming ffs!

I generally get both consoles as well as PC but Xbox is really disappointing this generation.

No hardcore game on Xbox actually work with Kinect beside crappy game for kids. I literally threw the Kinect to trash bin after one hour using it:hitwall:

@xesy are you sure you are a Viet that grew up in VN and now still living there?

I am now living in the West and did my undergraduate study in a Western university.. but my bad English is still far below yours and I still can't afford a PS4 here.

You don't sound like the average Asian guy living in a developing Asian country.

Maybe you need to change your flag and story. I don't want you to get banned like your friend ComradeNam for claiming to be Viet and using a Viet flag and location.

His English is indeed better than average Vietnamese

Isn't it around $700 - $800 with the game? I see it on Amazon around $750-$850 for some PS4. I get around $250/month from my job and I feel like I can mutter $800 by the time FFXV out (which isn't soon,is it?).:-)

PS4 is probably going to be Sony last gaming console in my IMO along with the XBOX
phones/tablets are getting better and better every year so these consoles are becoming redundant.
PC gaming is still the best gaming experience bar none.

PS4 is probably going to be Sony last gaming console in my IMO along with the XBOX
phones/tablets are getting better and better every year so these consoles are becoming redundant.
The problem with PC gaming is copyright. It getting easier and easier to "crack"a PC game. When people first introduce DRM, it looked effective at first. Hackers also took more time and effort to crack it. Then gamers themselves were the first to stand against it. Now anything relate to DRM is a no-no. Take people reaction to "alway online" of XBox One when it was first introduced.

Phone and tablet are not powerful enough. Further more they are not designed dedicatedly for gaming, while people are demanding more and more from game, especially graphics.

The problem with PC gaming is copyright. It getting easier and easier to "crack"a PC game. When people first introduce DRM, it looked effective at first. Hackers also took more time and effort to crack it. Then gamers themselves were the first to stand against it. Now anything relate to DRM is a no-no. Take people reaction to "alway online" of XBox One when it was first introduced.

Phone and tablet are not powerful enough. Further more they are not designed dedicatedly for gaming, while people are demanding more and more from game, especially graphics.

this can be fixed.
if you make a good game and price it competitively people will buy it
steam has proved people will buy games.
DRM could be tweaked

phones and tablets are growing exponentially take for instance Tegra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Tegra K1
imagine being able to hook your phone or tablet up to your TV or computer monitor via mini HDMI and able to use a blue tooth controller.

thing is a gaming console is meant to last what like 6 to 10 years that is unacceptable nowadays.

Isn't it around $700 - $800 with the game? I see it on Amazon around $750-$850 for some PS4. I get around $250/month from my job and I feel like I can mutter $800 by the time FFXV out (which isn't soon,is it?).:-)

You willing to spend over 3 months worth of payment just for one game? don't you have to worry about paying for other living expenses? good for you if you can afford it.

I'm just letting you know my suspicion of your third world Asian identity claim. Your friend ComradeNam got ban from mod for fake identity, they can see your ip address:

@ComradeNam , correct your flags: Requests: Flag Change

You are not located in Vietnam.

Those simple mobile/tablet games are not the reason why PS and xbox are not selling like before. Gamers don't just give up console games just for those mobile alternatives.

It's game like Dota and LoL that is pulling gamers away from console, imo.

You willing to spend over 3 months worth of payment just for one game? don't you have to worry about paying for other living expenses? good for you if you can afford it.

I'm just letting you know my suspicion of your third world Asian identity claim. Your friend ComradeNam got ban from mod for fake identity, they can see your ip address:

Those simple mobile/tablet games are not the reason why PS and xbox are not selling like before. Gamers don't just give up console games just for those mobile alternatives.

It's game like Dota and LoL that is pulling gamers away from console, imo.
Well I live alone, no girlfriend or lover, don't have to pay the rent (my parent house), eat instant noddle daily, have no interest beside gaming so I'll manage to get one PS4. Oh don't worry about my identity, 100% VNese, living in Hanoi, hometown near China-VN border, studied 4 year in Saigon at an international school.

Seriously they ban people for using false flag?
this can be fixed.
if you make a good game and price it competitively people will buy it
steam has proved people will buy games.
DRM could be tweaked

phones and tablets are growing exponentially take for instance Tegra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Tegra K1
imagine being able to hook your phone or tablet up to your TV or computer monitor via mini HDMI and able to use a blue tooth controller.

thing is a gaming console is meant to last what like 6 to 10 years that is unacceptable nowadays.
It's hard to balance quality and benefit in gaming. I am interested in game design so I did research about the industry. You'll be surprised about how the industry work. Game designers do not make benifits directly from the sale, publishers do. Therefore publishers want more and more games out, with little time for development. And less time = less quality. Can't create a master piece with someone constantly shouting behind your back, you know.
That's why independent game studios tend to make better game, with the sacrifice of benefit and time.

I plan to buy Japanese PS Vita game on Amazon with English "subtitle" only. Just like in Anime, I would notappreciate English dub version because the voice acting is just horrIble for Japanese game. Is there an option to keep Japanese dubbed but change all the texts to English?

Well one game I have been playing in PS3 which are Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk II and Victory (both are US/EU-release) have an option to have the characters speaking in Japanese while the subtitles are written in English though I am not sure about the other J-RPGs if it has the same option.

There is this newer console by Valve called "Steam Machine" that seems compatible to games exclusive to PC and technically can be modified in the same way as a PC. This console is designed to compete against PS4, Xbox One and Wii U.

Last edited:
The Japanese government plans to hold a seminar in late September attended by officials from ASEAN countries to make a pitch for exports of Japanese defense equipment to those Asian nations, government sources said Sunday.

It will be the first gathering of Japan and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations to hold full-fledged discussions concerning such exports since Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's Cabinet decided in April to ease restrictions on arms exports.

During the seminar in Tokyo, the government plans to discuss how Japanese equipment and technology could help enhance the defense capabilities of ASEAN nations, as it seeks business opportunities to export Japanese defense equipment.

The government also believes Japan's security environment will improve if ASEAN countries increase their own deterrence capabilities in the face of China's growing maritime assertiveness. Some ASEAN countries are engaged in territorial disputes with China in the South China Sea.

At the seminar with the main theme of "maritime security," Japanese officials will explain how Tokyo's new defense equipment export policy has replaced a nearly half-century embargo on arms exports, and explain how Japanese vessels and aircraft could boost the security of ASEAN countries.

The new rules enable Japanese defense equipment and technology to be exported if they serve the purpose of contributing to international cooperation and Tokyo's security interests.

Japan has to conclude a defense equipment transfer accord with each nation before actually exporting arms to it. After the seminar, Japan plans to discuss signing such an agreement with countries interested in buying Japanese equipment.

Japan has already reached defense equipment transfer agreements with the United States, Britain and Australia.

ASEAN groups Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.

Japan to hold seminar to pitch defense equipment exports to ASEAN | GlobalPost

Imperialist Fascist Japanese :devil::devil:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom