What's new

Japan again looks to get domestic fighter jet off ground

Too much hype about Japan aero capabilities. Japan has lost touch with American long decades of suppression. For Japan to restart its capabilities, Japan has at least a decades to catch up with China unless US let them have the know how. Which I doubt it.

Regarding SU being licensed or unlicensed do you have official document to prove these flankers are unlicensed and i mean official dossier not some hanky panky private bureaucratic statement or some general talking about it official released statement and released dossiers. No you don't therefore SU is licensed it is between Russian and Chinese how many licenses did they issue they don't have to declare it to the world about every deal. Does not matter F-2 licensed or not still Japan purchased/develops only 90ish of which some got destroyed in natural disaster the production is permanently ceased,...is it affordability? I believe not but their official statement is it is expensive aircraft to maintain than the next Question how about FX- and F-35 would they be cheaper? Lets be honest local manufacturing and development is costing them alot they have to go to US to buy onf the shelves proven equipment technologies to incorporate and replicate.

The F-16 is cheaper to maintain because of the economies of scale. If you cant afford a new part for your F-16 there are plenty of junk yards all over the world that you can scavenge from.

The Japanese economy isn't as strong as it seems. It still hasn't been able to address the "Lost Decade", 1991-2000, which was to Japan what the Housing bubble, 2007-?, is to the US.

@LeveragedBuyout can you dig up some research papers on the Japanese Banking? I read somewhere that Japanese Banks were just empty shells. Like the US Banks were in the Financial Crisis, just holding over-priced assets on paper.

Japan's lifting ban on arms export was welcomed by the US

The ban wasn't just on exports but also joint-development. There are allot of US systems that use Japanese components, the law prevented that these systems be sold to third parties.

The US gives Japan vast amounts of somewhat down-graded state of the art systems. The US wants to tap into Japanese R&D and manufacturing to fill up exports. Remember how they say two minds are greater than one? The Japanese teams in Joint Development projects will bring in scenarios that they expect to face in a possible war with China or N. Korea. This will only make any Project more versatile.

Also the US wants to add some investment into the F-35 program. Japan can be a good source of that.

The F-16 is cheaper to maintain because of the economies of scale. If you cant afford a new part for your F-16 there are plenty of junk yards all over the world that you can scavenge from.

The Japanese economy isn't as strong as it seems. It still hasn't been able to address the "Lost Decade", 1991-2000, which was to Japan what the Housing bubble, 2007-?, is to the US.

@LeveragedBuyout can you dig up some research papers on the Japanese Banking? I read somewhere that Japanese Banks were just empty shells. Like the US Banks were in the Financial Crisis, just holding over-priced assets on paper.

I'm happy to help, but I'm not quite sure what you're looking for. Here's a good sector overview from Credit Suisse (focus on the large banks), but it addresses some of the issues that you've indirectly referenced (capital adequacy issues, profit contributions by source, non-performing loans, etc.)

Generally speaking, though, I agree with your characterization of the issue. The Japanese banks have made major strides to recapitalize over the years, but they are stuck in a weak domestic market with thin net interest margins, which naturally inhibits their profitability.

Beyond that, I'm hesitant to speak about specifics, due to regulatory issues.

Attachments

• (8%2f12)MajorBanksMaintainOVERWEIGHT%3bprogressreworkingprofitstructures%3bAssumingCoverage.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 42
It was the US Navy that single handedly crushed the German Kriegesmarine and the Imperial Navy.
Nope,two atom bombs defeated Japan but not their Navy.
Crushed the German Kriegsmarine,how and where?.

Crushed the German Kriegsmarine,how and where?.

The History Place - Defeat of Hitler: Battle of the Atlantic

Japanese Empire , having reached the extent of its offensive capabilities and due to stretched out logistical arm, had been forced on a defensive campaign (thanks in part to the American strategy of island hopping) since 1942. Tho consequential loss of Imperial Army-held islands such as Peleilu, Rabaul, Guadalcanal, Solomons. The war had been lost to the American / Allied side in 1942. The Imperial Navy's loss of our 4 carriers in Midway and over 300 trained carrier-based pilots in the Great Turkey Shoot was what sealed the fate of the Imperial Navy's ability to break the US Pacific Fleet. After that, it was a slow and bloody retreat...which could have been prevented had the Imperial Government considered terms of peace.

The dropping of the 2 bombs on Japan was because of the Imperial Government's failure to accept the terms of surrender. Had they surrendered and accepted the terms, the two bombs would have never been dropped. In fact, had Japanese Empire conceded to military armistice as early as 1943, our imperial possessions would have mostly, largely, been retained. It was our own failure, strategic dis-cognizance of the realities of the war that led to the ultimate destruction of the Japanese Empire. It was, ultimately, our own pride that led to the complete demise of our Empire.

Last edited:

Article didn't stress the importance of cracking Cryptanalysis of the Enigma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia with the help of this German submarine U-110 (1940) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and this German submarine U-505 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rumor has it the US Navy Top Brass was horrified that U-505 got captured since they had already broken the Enigma codes and didn't want the Germans to create a new code in response to its capture. So they freaked out and hid everything.

U-505

Last edited:
Japan does not needs planes it is against their constitution

I saw in documentary it stated Japan was bombed even when they had already started to negotiate surrender because the Military had built a weapon which had to be shown to world

I think there were 800-900 ships in sea around Japan when surrender was coming close

In movie they showed the aerial view and the number of ships was immense and yes once the small islands were occupied they offered a good bombing and refueling area for bombers in general in absence of Navy

War Ended due to

a) Radar in Europe, its hard to imagine war with out radar but ppl did not had radars
very difficult to imagine now

b) Code breaking of signals

c) Very lucky winter break , when Germans were few miles away from Russian Capital

Japan have license production for F16 clone or something

Last edited:
BD should keep an eye on that and if possible to sponsor the project.

The dropping of the 2 bombs on Japan was because of the Imperial Government's failure to accept the terms of surrender. Had they surrendered and accepted the terms, the two bombs would have never been dropped. In fact, had Japanese Empire conceded to military armistice as early as 1943, our imperial possessions would have mostly, largely, been retained. It was our own failure, strategic dis-cognizance of the realities of the war that led to the ultimate destruction of the Japanese Empire. It was, ultimately, our own pride that led to the complete demise of our Empire.

Hold it right there, but enlighten me if I am wrong, American generals even reported that it was unnecessary to drop nukes and they will be able to take japan down soon. And the Japanese army did tried to call surrender but they were trying to learn from the Americans if that included the abolishment of the imperial family, because they also accepted that it was a losing battle.

I did not say that the US is lying, I'm saying that Japan and our Aero & Space Tech sector is more than capable of developing engines. We can launch satellites to space, we have designed and created plenty of airframes, engines, aircraft before.

lol

It was the US Navy that single handedly crushed the German Kriegesmarine and the Imperial Navy.
Mate i think that it was the sheer bad luck of Japan back then to face a power as great as the U.S.A.Had it been the Royal Navy in place of the U.S.N.,the I.J.N. would have crushed them like ants.I.J.N. was the best naval force in the history of Asia and second only to the U.S.N. during the 2nd World War.I was literally awestruck when i first read about the size and displacement of the Yamato class and the only thought that came directly into my mind was that only the I.J.N. was capable enough to manufacture these state-of-the-art behemoths in the entire world.Man,even the U.S.A. didn't have anything like that(they were still finalizing the design of the proposed Montana class super battleships when the war ended in Pacific) and you guys were operating them even before the 2nd WW:-)

Back
Top Bottom